Fantasia Barrino

Hospitalized for Overdose

8/10/2010 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino was rushed to a North Carolina hospital last night where she was treated for a "medication overdose," this according to WCNC.com.

0810-fantasia-bn-getty-01
According to the report, Barrino was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville around 8:55 PM ... the report says her condition was not life-threatening.

According to the report, it's unclear whether the OD was intentional or accidental.

As we previously reported -- Barrino was recently accused of making a sex tape with a married man and destroying his marriage.

Barrino has claimed she is "not responsible" for the deterioration of the marriage.

demetrois

Fantasia is beautiful, has a beautiful gift (her voice) and a beautiful spirit. Yes, if the accusations are true, she was or is involved with someone who has not legally ended his marriage then she is guilty of exercising poor judgement and clearly needs to grow in her spirtual life. On the other hand, the harsh comments/judgements spoken or written against her are not necessary. I believe that we are all guilty of exercising poor judgement sometimes. Maybe, for us it wasn't adultery maybe it's being bigoted, racist and mean spirited. just see the comments posted on this blog. In my view the only difference is Fantasia's made a bad judgement and has to deal with it publicly and the rest of of us can exercise our bad judgement, anonymously.

Peace

EA

I hope she is alright. What ever it may b,God is with her. But there's no man on earth can make u OD. Sure n hell no woman can break up any marraiage, It take's 2. He wanted to eat out, & she fall for it.

Sandra

I pray for ALL OF YOU HATEFUL, mean-spirited people out there. What she did with the man, and how he & his wife handles it should be, or certainly should have been NONE OF OUR BUSINESS....but thanks to voyeurism,and everyone wanting their 15min of fame, we're all in the room (and practically in bed with them)...My first..and last post here...PEOPLE..GET LIVES! LIVE YOUR OWN.

I guess I really do have my head up my ---...I didn't realize the extent of HATIN...and pure racism in America...SAD

Joy

I pray she is ok, too. She needs to focus on her DAUGHTER. There's plenty of single men out there, too!!

stevie68a

I feel sorry for her. I remember the night she won Idol, and her family tried to get up on the stage
with her. (they were kept off.) This family looks to her as a meal ticket from what I've seen and will
destroy her. She's been appearing in "The Color Purple" for years, and that is a grueling life. She
must get rid of these bloodsuckers!

CAL DAVE

to jamie.i am a cracker.and i whis the best for fantasia.show show respect.were it is do.dont hate all.the thing i hate the most is it takes 2.his name dose not come up a lot.

Hollis

NONE of you KNOW her story or even KNOW HER, so why put her down and call her names? You all are pitiful, you MUST believe everything you hear and read.

pinkladee

Fantasia, ..... You know the Way.....so get with the program! Everyone makes mistakes in life, but the travesty lies in Wallowing in them. Be encouraged and prayerful so that you can get your life back on track. For all of those Haters on this sitr....You are from another planetor an idiot if you don't KNOW that FANTASIA CAN SING!

T

I can't beleive how mean and cruel some people can be. In my opinion it's a two way street, I'm sure she did not force that man to be with her and he knew he was married too.....He has a responsiblity to his wife....right......I don't agree with messing with married men, but he also needs to be held acountable. NO ONE CAN JUDGE BUT GOD!!! I wish Fantasia all the best!!! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP, because this tooo shell pass!!!! and REMEMBER YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF GOD"S CHILDREN....

PoeticLovette

Let anyone of you without sin cast the first stone.

Pat

Who are we to judge her. Only the Lord has the final say. I pray that Fantasia gets better and that there is someone to help her along the way. We all fall short of the glory of the Lord. Make someone happy today...say a kind word or lend a hand to someone in need.

Tammy

Mr. Cook is the one who took the vow of marriage, so HE'S the one who destroyed his marriage. I am not condoning Fantasia being with a married man, but she didn't put a gun to his head and make him stick it in.

Why would Cook's soon-to-be ex-wife have any claims to Fantasia's money?

Dfam

Fantasia knew she had a child and a career before she did what she did. We are all women first and if we had more respect for our self in turn it allow us to have more respect for others. She is wrong just as well as that young man however she “Fantasia” is responsible for her self and her child as well as her career. And to put it on the line for some D___K is crazy!!!! Our children see what we do and not what we tell them! Hope she don’t grow up to be a home wrecker!

Dorothy

I dont like what she did, but you can't blame her by herself, you have to blame the man too. One thing those kids hurt too, cause they see their mother hurting. My kids went through the same ordeal cause of their dad infidelity.But theres a God and He sees everything.I'm praying for the wife and children.

Christopher

Its easy for people too understand what is going on inside someone other than themselves. Do what you can to look inside and pray for everyone in this story. Any thing else is just wrong. Every one keep your heads up. Paideia