VH1 Star -- 'I Got Laid By An Insect'

8/11/2010 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

VH1 reality star Kerry Schwartz has a sense of humor about the insect that burrowed inside of her leg and used her as a human incubator ... telling us last night, "I got laid by an insect!"

0811_schwartz_v3

TMZ spoke with Kerry on her way to meet with doctors at a New York hospital -- where she told us, "There's actually, like stuff ... stuffed inside of my skin right now that they have to remove ... which is why I'm here."

Kerry -- who's still in a tremendous amount of pain -- also told us doctors believe her uninvited inhabitants may have either been spiders or some sort of fly.

But the chick who won "Frank the Entertainer in a Basement Affair" says she's staying positive --"I'm thinking maybe I'll get superpowers soon ... because that's what happened to Spider-Man when he got bit."

UPDATE: TMZ has learned Kerry stayed overnight at the hospital -- after doctors decided they wanted to keep an eye on her condition. She's expected to be discharged sometime today.

0811_buggin_footer

Carl

I hope doctors asked her if she went to central or south America. There is an insect called a Bot Fly that likes to lay eggs in people and animals. The eggs will hatch and a larva will crawl around under your skin and eventually burrow out. American doctors are clueless about things like this so it doesn't surprise me that they don't know what the eggs are from.

M

Probably something she got from Frank's "Basement". Nasty.

OhSoLittleMouse

I had a spider do this to my right leg 2 years ago. I had to go to the hospital every day for two weeks for IV antibiotics. I still have a black mark on that spot.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Is she so starved for attention that she is taking the pictures?I mean really...do we all need to see this.

Jacqueline13

Who in their right mind would show pics of this? Just the thought of it is gross and skeevy....anything for attention,
no matter what kind of attention.

Violette-Blue

LMFAO about how carefree she is. Great sense of humor. Other than that all I have to say is yuck, yuck, eeewww and yuckity yuck once more.

stargazer

There is not possible way it could have been any type of spider. It had to be something else. Furthermore, spiders are not insects, they are arachnids.

stargazer

Oh and to #23 who claims a spider did the same to them, whomever informed you that it was a spider was mistaken. There is absolutely NO possible way that could happen. Do a little research people.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

spiders were brought to earth by argonauts back a few million years ago

Observer999

Blowflies typically inject just one egg per hole, I'm betting on some kind of spider. Yuck.

KK

There is the botfly that does this via a mosquito bite (i.e. lay eggs), but I thought they didn't have those in the US? Was she outside the US recently? I was just in Belize and they have them there and they warn you!

tardigeek

Bot flies? is that what she has? Really common actually......

JJ

Maybe if she would wash between the legs once in a while she wouldn't get bugs there! How gross is that????

Celebrities Suck

11. Rukaya lol I thought mosquito's laid eggs in humans also.. they do inject humans with saliva gross!!! The red bump is caused by an allergic reaction to the mosquito saliva..

___________________________________________________

No, mosquitoes do NOT lay eggs in human beings. They can transmit parasites from one host to another, but they NEVER put their own eggs in humans. Their eggs need to be laid in water or very moist earth.

Don't go freaking out the masses with bad info. There's enough of that going on already. :P

Peace.