Mel Gibson:

Can You Hear Me Now?

8/11/2010 9:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... L.A. County Sheriff's investigators are waiting on Verizon, AT&T and other carriers to supply them with the last bit of evidence before turning the case over to the D.A.

Mel Gibson Investigation
As we have previously reported ... text messages and emails between Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva play a part in piecing together what happened on January 6, during the now-famous blowout.  Although lawyers for both sides have anted up the texts and emails, Sheriff's investigators want to turn over the official records -- under the law, only official records from the carriers are admissible in evidence -- it's called the "best evidence" rule.

We're also told investigators may conduct several other interviews before turning the case over to the L.A. County D.A.'s Office -- possibly the week from next.

One more thing ...  We've learned the domestic violence investigation is being handled separately from the extortion investigation -- the latter is being investigated by the Major Crimes Bureau of the Sheriff's Department.  The goal, we're told, is for both investigations to be submitted to the D.A. at the same time.

kpacota

No, I'm new. I'm on break from my real job. I'll disappear again soon, but it's been fun, tovarischi....

If they find any bread crumbs in this trail lead across state lines, it becomes a federal case.

BTW, if that infant isn't Mel's or Oksana's... and I have no opinion myself about that. Evidence will tell... don't wish it on Robyn. She's served her time as a mother. Let her enjoy her grandchildren and peace and happiness. That child would need to be taken and given anonymously to someone far away. Otherwise it will always live under a shadow and in danger.

Tammy

John -

According to reports, Miss Oksana has just hired Mr. James Spertus - the extremely computer savvy lawyer.

She had gone to see him last month the night before she surrendered her computer to authorities.

Posted at 4:33 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Curious

Does Mel have to pay for THIS lawyer too?!

Curious

Krista -

Magnificent post! I salute you!

Tired of toxomom

Hey Fuddy Duddy..my family is fighting for these right NOW..and some lame ass hides behind Taking the 5th on every depo & not showig up pretty much says he knows what he did..what country are you from?? ?Ohh the country of allowing loser like Gibson to continue to exsist..if this happened in Saudi Arabia they would of cut off his thang..his hands and put him where the sun doesn't shine which is where he belongs, you bleeding heart..You are a stranger in the United States my friend...don"t forget that.. because if you really knew history you know what right is right.. Posted at 4:07 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Andolini
=====================================================

You've just proven Andolini that your knowledge of the justice system in the U.S. comes from mainly watching t.v. In the U.S., a person does not "take the 5th" unless they are giving sworn testimony, such as a deposition, grand jury testimony or court room testimony. Stop relying on tabloids for your civic lessons.

Oh, and in Saudi Arabia- they would be applauding him if he did hit her. She'd be getting stoned for having a child out of wedlock with a married man.

Curious

Does Mel have to pay for THIS lawyer too?!

Posted at 4:44 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tammy
-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know.

Mr. Mel is paying for lawyers in connection with the child custody case per Judge Gordon's order.

If Mr. Spertus has been hired to answer in matters related to the extortion case, then I doubt Mr. Mel would be responsible for his fee.

Curious

kcapote -

I agree 100%.

Relocate and rename the child. It's the best thing for her welfare.

Fidel's niece

Ding,Dong - The evil witch is going down!

***TEAM MEL***

middleagedcrazy

@ Krista -

In truth, all my joking aside, thank you so much for your thoughtful post. Most of us around here do become very upset at the issue of DV and despise those 'infamous' people who try to trivialize that issue. Thank you.

Curious

I hope Mr. Spertus got his fee up front.

Bah. No wonder she was upset over the inquery about her finances.

Curious

Versus the same 2 who post for oksana and just change their screen names.

Posted at 4:38 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tired of toxomom
----------------------------------------------------------

Mel pays better and gets a much sharper class of people. =D

Tellthetruth59

@krista - great post.

Tired of toxomom

I hope Mr. Spertus got his fee up front. But oh wait - didn't Miss Oksana say she was completely broke? I seem to recall her saying she had to depend on friends for food and whatnot. Bah. No wonder she was upset over the inquery about her finances. Posted at 4:55 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Curious
---------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, I'm sure there is always the money that ROL didn't pay for the tapes ;)

Curious

From John's post:

-If Charlie Sheen who was Drunk, held a gun to his wife's head, choked her, and threatened her, -

Hey, I just realized this is where Miss Oksana got her third (fourth?) version of Jan. 6 from!

Curious

Posted at 4:58 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tired of toxomom
-------------------------------------------------------

I LOL'ed mightily at that!

Jacqueline13

Good one! Whores have to stick together.