Mel Gibson:

Can You Hear Me Now?

8/11/2010 9:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... L.A. County Sheriff's investigators are waiting on Verizon, AT&T and other carriers to supply them with the last bit of evidence before turning the case over to the D.A.

Mel Gibson Investigation
As we have previously reported ... text messages and emails between Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva play a part in piecing together what happened on January 6, during the now-famous blowout.  Although lawyers for both sides have anted up the texts and emails, Sheriff's investigators want to turn over the official records -- under the law, only official records from the carriers are admissible in evidence -- it's called the "best evidence" rule.

We're also told investigators may conduct several other interviews before turning the case over to the L.A. County D.A.'s Office -- possibly the week from next.

One more thing ...  We've learned the domestic violence investigation is being handled separately from the extortion investigation -- the latter is being investigated by the Major Crimes Bureau of the Sheriff's Department.  The goal, we're told, is for both investigations to be submitted to the D.A. at the same time.

Tellthetruth59

SayWhat just posted in another thread the abuse photos of Oksana and Lucia have been removed from Radaronline. I did a search and found the "black eye/vein/dark circles/botox bruise" photos with no story associated with them. Had to do it through google. I could not find the pics of Lucia. Interesting?

Ann

@Curious, John and others:

Curious said: "I'm afraid that door banging part was my fault. Yesterday I posted a 911 call from Nicole Simpson where OJ had busted down her door and was yelling and theatening her.

It's amazing how often certain posts here end up as Miss Oksana's next story."

Yes, it is. That's why you guys shouldn't be spelling things out for her. I don't want to harp on anybody, but this is serious stuff. It may be funny to you in a sick sort of way, but this whole thing is NOT funny. It's deplorable, really. A man's life and career are being ruined and he and his family are suffering; and his freedom may be hanging in the balance for all we know. Please stop. Please don't give her anymore ammunition. She's too stupid for words and we should just let her hang herself.

For what it is worth John, I agree with the comparison to what happened in Charlie Sheen's case. It's too bad the rest of your post cannot be deleted.

john

The thing about MEL is all the charity stuff he has done in the past, millions and millions of dollars for charity.

And he is low key about it, probably lots of stuff nobody knows about. Sometimes you see article where he donates money to abused wives/children or millions for hospitals, or you used to see articles like that about him.

Brittany Spears shared last week when all the MEDIA was against her a few years ago, MEL was the only HAND that reached out to her to help her, letting her and her father say at ranch he owns, and praying with her.

Can you imagine all the other people MEL has helped over the last 20 years, and 99 percent of these people have be "silent". Whoopie who knows MEL has taken "knocks" in MEDIA for just saying she knows he is not a RACIST. It was a WARNING to anyone else trying to DEFEND MEL. Do it at your OWN PERIL.

Also, for good reasons or mis-guided reasons, I think the "passion for christ" which he made out of his own pocket, was a LABOR of LOVE.

The movie itself shows how people can be cruel , like they were to "jesus" in that movie, and how "christ's" message was about getting right back up and "radiating LOVE" after the MAIN event.

The backlash against MEL for making that movie , just goes on and on. I don't think it is about the JEWS , it's about all of us ganging up on an innocent person, condemning him and hurting him, without really HEARING HIS SIDE OF THE Story. :)

Hang in there MEL.

ginger

I hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Ever since Feb 8, 2009 the incident with a 19 year old Chris Brown got 5 years probation and community service. Please answer me a question TMZ since you were the ones talking bad about Chris. We want to know where is his mug shot picture. Everyone that gets arrested has a mug shot posted for the world to see over and over again. Could it be Chris face was brused also. Also that video Love The Way You Lie the women is the abuiser. She sees the phone number and starts hitting him over and over and even spit in his face and he's trying to hold her arms to stop her. Mel Gibson is what you call a a Real abuser as well as Eminem who beat Kim until he almost killed her. There is an article stating that Rihanna's aurnt said that Rihanna's face was not bad it's the media saying that. Yea and you guys altered the picture. Now Mell's wife had alot of since, she taped it.

Curious

Ann -

If Miss Oksana is silly enough to try her case in the public arena using things she finds on a message board, that's not our problem.

All she had to do was keep her mouth shut - like the Judge ordered her to do.

I am 100% behind your support for Mr. Mel. And I fully appreciate your sentiment. I share them.

Mr. Mel is not being injured by things said on this board. If anything, Miss Oksana's tendency towards creative license with the things said here aid his cause.

ginger

correction makes alot of sense

middleagedcrazy

@ Ann -- There is no other way to stop blackmail/extortion other than through airing the truth. Truth is the defense to libel and slander. I do not believe that Mr. Mel's supporters are too worried about our playground speculations and research.

Kaatje

Now Mell's wife had alot of since, she taped it.

Posted at 5:04 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by ginger
------------------------------------------------

Well, you obviously know nothing about the case. Oksana is NOT his wife, never has been his wife and never will be his wife.

Tammy

Does Mel have to pay for THIS lawyer too?!

Posted at 4:44 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tammy
-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know.

Mr. Mel is paying for lawyers in connection with the child custody case per Judge Gordon's order.

If Mr. Spertus has been hired to answer in matters related to the extortion case, then I doubt Mr. Mel would be responsible for his fee.

Posted at 4:47 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Curious

I hope you're right!!

Kaatje

Posted at 5:00 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
____________________________________________________________

Tired of toxomom

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess that pesky old police report describing her injuries was exaggerated, too.

Da*n, I hate when that happens...

Curious

Posted at 5:00 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man! That was worth having to clean the screen again.

I hope Mr. Pereal carries a supply of clean underwear nowadays.

Krista

Thanks guys. It is an outrage that Oksana's actions impact the DV issue and plight of real victims. I wouldn't be surprised to see a syndrome named after her in the future.

Curious, I have limited time but I would appreciate information on the comment you made about posting the Nicole Simpson 911 call yesterday. The timing is too coincidental, and with all the TMZ stories and comments, it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.

There needs to be a forensic audit of Oksana's finances and ROL needs to be deposed. As to Oinksana's computer, it looks like she is posturing to blame the ROL leaks (and damning evidence) on computer hackers.

Nicole Simpson was a true victim and it drives me nuts when people compare this case to the Simpson case- totally apples and oranges.

I still contend that the best way that people can stand up against this abuse is to bombard Netflix with demand for MG movies and post their comments on websites such as TMZ. I haven't been able to get in a comment on ROL, and am grateful that TMZ does not limit free speech. After today, I don't think I have boots that are tall enough to wade through ROL BS.

Ehécatl

Why does Mel Gibson´s face look like a Halloween Gorilla mask that´s been shaved clean? He sure ain´t the sexiest man alive any more.

Tired of toxomom

Hmmm....that is VERY interesting ;)Looks like someone is covering their cyber butts. :) Posted at 5:14 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Kaatje
------------------------------------------------- Too bad they haven't heard of Google Cache. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Q2M-vjliySkJ:www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-photo-oksana-after-she-says-mel-gibson-punched-her-mouth+oksana+grigorieva+teeth&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a