Paris Hilton Sued for $35 Million over Hair Extensions

8/11/2010 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton is being sued by a hair extension company which claims the heiress signed a multi-million dollar contract to use and promote their fake locks ... and then totally blew them off -- causing $35,000,000 in damages.

Paris Hilton Hair Extensions

According to a lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Hilton got just over $3.5 million since agreeing to become the spokesperson for Hairtech International's Dream Catchers hair extension line  back in 2007.

But according to the docs, Paris didn't satisfy her end of the bargain -- when Hairtech claims she was "seen in magazines and on television not wearing [their] hair extensions and was in fact wearing competitors' hair extension products."

Hairtech also claims she screwed them over when she went to jail in June 2007 -- because there was "an implied" term in her contract that she would "obey the law."

In fact, Hairtech claims Paris served her time when she was supposed to be at a very important "launch party" for the hair extensions.

In the suit, Hairtech claims that "more than 600 hair extension professionals" were scheduled to attend at the party -- but because Paris couldn't make it, they lost opportunities which should have resulted in $6.6 million in revenue.

Now, Hairtech is accusing Paris of fraud and deceit -- and claims they ultimately lost $35 million because of her actions.

An attorney for Hilton tells TMZ: "There is no merit whatsoever to any of these claims. We will pursue all of our defenses vigorously and any potential counter claims."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

C Writer

Paris is such a waste of air. Each time I hear her name or see her face, I want to scream "WTF" She is not news worthy and never has been. She's a hot-as@ mess.

asdf

What a joke... Chris Volek (the founder of HairTech) is a complete fraud and **** up. He won't get a dime. They still have her photos all over the hairtech and dreamcatchers sites. What a retard!

LittleJoe

With or without extensions
not really attractive.
body=>not beautiful
mind=>even worse
summary=>never mind

Raejean

She's got this vapidly smug facial expression that just begs to be slapped, doesn't she?

FrequentFlyer

Let me get this right -- Paris has been (and most likely always will be) a PARTY GIRL...Dream Catchers HIRED her to sell their extensions, and now want to SUE HER for being the PARTY GIRL that has gained her so much NOTORIETY and SUBSEQUENTLY MAKING THEM MONEY..... what's wrong with this picture?

FrequentFlyer

Sounds more like a lawsuit of remorse -- they thought having the PARASITIC PARTY GIRL PARIS selling their product would make them millions and it didn't.....

Shea

Just wanted to add I think Paris is sort of trying to stay out of the tabloids, now that she is so successful commercially with all her different lines.

She mentioned on a show the other night that there are already plans to market her 11th parfume by this Xmas.

Macy's said TEASE is one of their top sellers right now ,so they want to bring out another cologne right away.

Shea

Hairtech should have re-scheduled the launch party. Paris came out of spending her few days in jail even more famous worldwide than before.

This lawsuit is just an ill-disguised attempt to shake the Hilton money tree.
Also, they are trying to get more publicity.

Janice

The company is owned by the Voleks, the best swindlers in the business. I hear they're being evicted from they're home for not paying their rent. They get what they deserve. Carma is a bitch. Paris screwed them like they've screwed so many people!

Anonymous

I'm so glad this is happening. I've been wearing Dream Catchers for 2 years and I think they are the greatest!!! They don't need that blonde bimbo anyways...

Donna Bella Hair

I happened upon your blog by accident but I have to say I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen so far. Keep up the good work!

Linda

What with those fake boobs. a women who has small breast and gets a boob job usually look horrible in the nude. to firm and far apart

Donna Bella Hair

sunny

Hi:
I am Sunny from China.I am sorry to take your time.i saw your products is very nice.and we can supply any type 100% human hair you like,we have our own factory,has produced the hair for 11years,high quality and the best price,website is www.jianhuahair.com.cn we can supply clip in hair,hair weft,hair bulk,braids,lace wigs,skin weft,hair tools and so on.we have many clients all in the world.if you are interested in please contact me.Hope we can have a chance to cooperate with each other.hope hearing fro m you.thanks
Hope hearing from you.
Best wishes
Sunny

beijia2050

when we talk hair extensions, we will talk how many bundles do you want?

Was this specify fused hair extensions only? What about with braid, what's the clolor hair and size? i find one website(http://www.hairextension4sale.com), you can know some informations .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7