Steven Slater -- The Media Storm Hits Home

8/11/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

JetBlue's most famous flight attendant Steven Slater returned to his home in Queens this morning -- and was greeted by a paparazzi storm usually reserved for Brangelina or Britney Spears.

Steven Slater Video

Dude told the media swarm he was "glad to be here" -- and then quickly made his way inside.

Slater is currently on leave from his job with JetBlue -- so far, no word if he plans on returning.

Patricia

Too bad the passenger wasn't arrested for assault, as well.
Any one who has ever worked with the public, feels Steven's pain...

Janet

Hang in there Steven!

No one should fly JetBlue!!!!!

If Steven goes to jail after JETBLUE didn't stand behind him, does this mean that all flight attendants are at risk from any passenger who feels like physically harming them???

I can't believe JETBLUE paid off the passengers with $100.00 vouchers and didn't even attempt to help their employee from being attacked!

DO NOT FLY JETBLUE!

bonnie

When will the passenger be charged?

She committed felonious assault by slamming the overhead door on Slater's head and a federal crime by not adhering to a flight attendant's instructions.

It is outrageous that no charges have been filed yet.

John

Private "propety" "You're on private propety!" LOL!

becky

It amazes me how the media can take a plain jane person and make them famous overnight... they are already talking a reality show with this guy. Enough already... who really cares... both parties were wrong and somehow people glorify that.

ó|ó

OMG now i know this story, they just showed it on the biggest news program on TV in my country, i just burst into laughter and applauded!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this guy!!!!!!!!!!

That's some m-f way to crack in STYLE when work gets to your last nerve!!!!!!!!

me

Re #8 Not sure I believe his story about being hit.

You're obviously an idiot then. He clearly has a gash on his forehead from the overhead door she slammed down on his head.

harvey

He has got the airline loads of publicity worldwide.
I am in London and I am sure it has gone to Scotland, Wales and the english speaking parts of Europe.
I hope he compares a Most Shocking Tv series now.
GOod for him.
Better then flipping burgers.

koko

He needs professional representation or he will be eaten by the wolves and his life destroyed. Yeah, the customer that hit him should be charged with whatever crime she committed.

A@ #4 Why are you bringing that up? It is not related to his totally awesome acts and who cares!! You must be trying to infuse homophobia into the discussion! Shut up!! I am sure it was a very difficult part of his life to be out and lead a proud and open life. That shows a great deal of courage and character. God bless the guy. I hope he gets good representation and manages this thing well for his well being and that of his partner/boyfriend.

Ehécatl

If he is "greeted by a paparazzi storm usually reserved for Angelina or Britney Spears" does that mean he´s going to start dressing like them?

ó|ó

Who is that other ' me ' , how can different people have the same poster ID??????????

Jody

He is on leave from his job? I am on his side, but if JetBlue didn't fire him for what he did with the cursing, chute and taking the beer, then JetBlue is the employer to have.

lindy

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA, LOVE him!
People walk around treating service people like *rap!

Bob

I see that JetBlue is giving each passenger on that flight a $100 voucher. They should take it out of this rats pay. There is no excuse for what he did. If you don't like to deal with people then don't take a job where you have to! JetBlue needs to collect some big time damages from him and then fire him with the loss of all retirement benefits.

me

Posted at 1:31 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by me

I couldn't tell you, but I AM the real ME :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments