Fantasia May Be Sued for 'Stealing Husband'

8/12/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino is preparing for a possible legal war with the scorned wife of her married lover ... because Fantasia's attorney tells us under North Carolina's "archaic" domestic laws, "women can sue women for stealing husbands."

Fantasia Barrino Affair With Married Man

As we previously reported, the "American Idol" champ had been in a relationship with a man named Antwaun Cook -- who is still married to Paula Cook. Paula recently filed for divorce ... and in the legal papers, cited an "adulterous affair" between Fantasia and Antwaun.

Cook has not taken any legal action against Fantasia yet -- but Barrino's lawyer, Gena Graham Morris, tells us it very well COULD happen ... because in NC there are certain "heartbalm torts ... where a wife can sue a third party for having a relationship with her husband" -- it's called alienation of affection.

Morris adds, "The heartbalm torts arise out of the notion that women were once property that could be stolen like televisions. It is a comical irony that in 2010 women can sue women for stealing husbands."

Morris says she "hopes" Paula Cook will choose not to sue -- but in case she does, Morris vows to "vigorously defend" Fantasia.

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

mekia

wut i say is live ur life fantaisa the lady just want muney frm u i say blame the husbnd. it was his fault blame dat *****. tasha trust god and let him handel that situation. keep ur head up keep on pushing along.

justiss

dnt sue her its the mans fault becauz he sd to her that he was 1 single and that he was married and got divorced so if fantasia gets sued that wouldnt be wright because the man told her that he was not datting and plus i think it was a set up becauz now as we can see that married man is back with his wife and will get the money that fantasia will maybe have to give theam

monika

Am so sorry for Fantasia because no one knows what has been happenning indoors in the marriage, a whole lots of people get trapped into unhappy marriage but simple stayed indoors because children is involved,how are we so sure that their marriage hasn't ended a long time and she just decided to set a trap to see which woman with a lots of money would fall for her then husband, so she can get to sue for money. people can be curel and wicked, it does not matter if Fantasia is from the rich list or the ghetto, am not saying it's right to date a married man, but you just cannot help who you fall in love with.

In my oponion I believe that the man was cheating a long time ago but maybe with someone with money so the wife decided it does not make sense to kick dust about it, but because this girl is in the spot light and have money then the wife jumps at the oppurtunity to files for divorce,come to think of it the man looks dam fine indeed.I am single but I have rules that governs my life in terms of I refuse to date a married man,a man with partner or having one night stand or having friends with benefits, if I can't get a man that loves me and who loves me for me, then I rather go back to God the same way He made me, but in the mean time am praying for Fantasia b cos it's the work of the devil, let us not for get that the music industry is govern by SATAN and his armies, that's what you would call PRINCIPALITIES AND POWER in high places.

ANITRA

I FEEL LIKE IF THE MAN SAID THAT HE WAS SEPERATED. THATS NOT FANTASIA BUSINESS. I MEAN ITS CRAZY HOW PPL FAMOUS GET SUED FOR THE MOST DUMBEST ****. I MEAN IF THE WIFE WAS DOING HER JOB, HE WOULDNT CHEATED ON HER. MAYBE THE WIFE AINT DOING SOMETHING RITE. EVERYONE LISTEN TO FANTASIA AND JENNIFER HUDSON SONG " HES ONLY WOMAN. tHE SONG IS VERY NICE. FANTASIA BET THIS SUIT AND PAY FOR HIS DIVORCE AND THEN HE WILL BE ALL URS AND THE WIFE WILL BE LOOKIN STUPID. LMAO ALL U GOT TO DO IS BE LIKE SWIZZ BEATS AND ALICIA KEYS...

Swan

I love fantasia but she is wrong

HE IS MARRIED

THAT WOMAN LOVED HER HUSBAND.

crazybs$$$$$$$$$

Ok I dont know about this but there are many marriages where women know that there man is cheating but do nothing. I know a married man that has six woman on the side and his wife is not doing a thing about it because of how much money he has in the bank so I question the wife. If my man was going on all these trips and i know we cant afford it that means some sh?t is going down and IF i HEAR that he is showing up in places with another woman and it is not me. Hello he is cheating so I blame all 3 the wife , husband , and the lover.

1. men cheat they are dogs and liars
2. many ppl get married and arent happy but protray to others that they are the most happiest couple alive
3.Some women allow for their man to cheat thinkin it will make him stay.
4.Women have turned their hate more towards the other woman then the man and most of all more the half of women take the man back knowing full well he is going to do it again.
5. Many women try to keep a hold on a failed marriage that they know they can't keep together STOP FOOLING yourself!!!!
6. Married Women cheat to and many have open marriages.
7.Many ppl are now caught up in quick rich schemes so I question how much money was this dude making because I dont see how he can afford child support and alimony come on he works at t-mobile what making $9 A HOUR
P.S. I say this all from watching from the sidelines of my friends, families , and strangers marriages. I dont see the point into getting married if you are just going to
1. unhappy
2.cheating
3.living in hate

young

All ur'll hating on Fantasia she F-up.Not for no broke bi#$% to ***ing n tring to take some of her hard working money....paula ass needs to sit her ass back and chill out. A-Cook did not want her any more and she couldn't take it so now she done came up with this bull sh#$ ass money making plot sue (Alienation of affection)where they do that it.............how you gonna get somethin that not given to you in the first place Booo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had a few back track when he need she n she give it to him..the only wrong fantasia had in this was when she found out that his ass was not 100% divorce she did not leave him...

natural brownbeauty

Leave Fantasia alone! Its not her fault men lie!

Brenda Schofield

Leave Fantasia the hell alone.She didnt make him do nothing.If he did it with her,beleive me its more before Fantasia.For the ones who out there putting her down.yo ass just been through the ringer.yo husband cheated on you ,maybe even left you for another woman.Dont fault Tasia.We women just as worse as the men. every body is doing it weather you been married for 40 or50 years.thats just how it is.christian or not.oh girl got a little anger in her.what happened,your husband left you for someone as beutiful as Fantasia.Dont hate participate.To my girl Fantasia do you.dont let these hater put you down.They wish they were where you at today.The girl is only human.To the woman that says Fantasia is a wanna be christine.Guess what?She is a true christian.you should try some Jesus,it will make you feel good.You guys is being so hateful and ugly toward her.someday she just may be holding her hands out to save your life.dont be so cruel and hateful to no one.

chyron007

@ShaeGates...I'm not laughing. Fanny knew he was married, so she did wrong, no if, ands, or butts! No getting around that partner, unless it's ok in "your" neck of the mountains. Then I guess anything goes...mama's and sons, daddies and daughters, you get the drift! But in the more civilized parts of the country, vows are to be taken seriously, and that includes slutty women OUTSIDE the union. Fanny knew he was married but had sex with him anyway, she didn't care. Now it's time to pay!

wsugarlove

Sue Baby Sue...one of the first things when you meet a man...you want to know if he Married on the downlow...living with someone...I would Sue Fantasia

Sheila Sawyer

Hey girl I know how u feel I have been where you are. Say how they feel but they don" t know you feel unless they been in your shoes. Remember it's the married men that come after us. But always hold your head up. Which I know you already is. SO what you lost your house .You will get tropelwhat u had because u are a child of GOD. And he will never let you down

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17