JetBlue: Shame on Steven, No Matter What

8/12/2010 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The passenger who allegedly beaned JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater may have been a malicious, arrogant bitch, but Steven was still in the wrong ... this according to an internal airline memo obtained by TMZ.

JetBlue Steve Slater
As TMZ first reported, Slater is telling people the passenger "maliciously" struck him in the head by yanking on the overhead bin, cutting his head.

But, according to the JetBlue email, " ... if Mr. Slater’s story proves to be accurate, and even if there was a precipitating event that motivated his behavior, that still doesn’t excuse his actions."

The memo goes on, "There is no excuse for endangering Crewmembers and Customers in response to a challenging service situation. Intentionally arming and deploying an evacuation slide for anything other than the express purpose of protecting the safety of our Crew and Customers is unacceptable."

The memo adds, "Slides can be as dangerous as a gun ... It is an insult to all aviation professionals to have this particular element of the story treated without the seriousness it deserves."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ryan

Still would love to know why no one has named this hostile passenger and interviewed her. She seems to have been the cause of this mess.

SlaterAnIdiot

I'm already sick to death of this guy.

Mike

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBOZKwNzKI. Listen for the Steven Slater reference. Hilarious

JimmyB

I'm sure it's accurate that deploying the slide was extremely dangerous and reckless. He should be charged with that. I hope he doesn't do jail time and they find an alternative punishment or reduce the charge to a non-felony level.

They should take advantage of this and use it to actually IMPROVE passenger relations and luggage handling. He might be just the right guy to do it.

Cazale

The media should have followed "less is more" (ha ha, "as if", right?).
On the surface it's all funny, unique and cool ala Hollywood.
But, just below that glittery surfacing, there are issues.
The guy shouldn't neccesarily do jail time, but he also should be fired/not rehired as a flight attendant.
What he did was wrong.
Perhaps someone else did wrong, but he did his own unique wrongs.
Getting on the P.A., hurling expletives and using the emergency exit in a non-emergency.
It was a hoot, sure, but now he has to pay the piper for his actions.

StarryStarryNight

he was born an azzhat, he'll die an azzhat.

cancelledaccount

Jet Blue doesn't care about its customers at all. This isn't about their concern. And how can they say now that he threatened safety when earlier they said the safety of their passengers was never an issue? Good for him. I would have loved to have done something like that many times.

Abe

What else can that piece of **** airline Jet Blue say?

I will never fly on Jet Blue because of their response to this incident. Steven Slater has become a folk hero.

I'm on #teamStevenSlater forever!

And JetBlue can GO TO HELL.

x

Mark

Geez these people need to just shut the F up! Nobody cares what you think JetBlue! As if you give a rats a$$ about anyones safety or convenience. This is about society in general and nobody really cares what you have to say about it. I'm not sure what you're even going for here anyway. You want people to think that what your employee did was psychotic and put passengers lives in danger? OK you win! Perhaps your airline needs to be shut down then!

Susie

LOL seriously, see the cut on his head? If it had been me I would have slugged the Witch. So you are, and everyone is lucky he took the easy way out down the slide.

Alex

Dude is my hero! You ROCK! I'd also like to know why the passenger in question wasn't arrested for disobeying the flight crew and assault & battery.

janet

Hero Slater crap. I always disagreed. Slater is a trained STEW to handle all passanger(pax)crap. Hope is melodramatic exit was worth it. I think Jet Blue will make an example of him. Slater re-armed the slide. Slater had no way of knowing if any ramp or ground crew was was near the slide for his FLAMBOYANT EXIT.

THIS WOULD BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY IF ANY RAMP or GROUND CREW GOT HURT. SLATER GOT LUCKY NO ONE DID.

Alot of passangers are idiots but Slater was the professional trained to deal with all passanger crap. Slater acted like an idiot passanger HIMSELF, putting people at risk.

mousetrap

The guy snapped. I worked in customer service for years and I can somewhat understand his frame of mind. But it doesn't matter what that passenger did, Steven can't justify his wild actions. He needs to just plead guilty to the incident, take his punishment and put the whole thing behind him. Maybe if he gets a good attorney he can get the charges dropped down to a misdemeanor because that would suck to have a felony. But oh well, what can he do about it now. Just get it resolved.

Brian

This guy blew it big time and did something idiotic. What’s with all the hero status???

wenindoubt

Did you see the marks on his HEAD??? that is ASSAULT! I am from the Pittsburgh area and the rudeness of the passenger doesn't surprise me ONE BIT! If there was any flight that I would think someone could act like this is would be from the Pittsburgh area! I have spent many a day behind someone in a car who felt so entitled as to act like that woman did. there is NO excuse for treating someone that way. NONE!!!!! Good for you Steven! Now if only you had an employer who cared about you and actually pressed charges against someone who physically endangered one of there employees!!! JetBlue. F U!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments