'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles

8/15/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Deadliest Catch" star Capt. Phil Harris -- who died in February -- has officially been honored with the corniest memorial ever ... a giant maze constructed in his likeness ... on a corn field.

0813_capt_harris

According to sources at Rutledge Corn Maze -- a company that builds a different corn maze on their property every year as an amusement attraction -- "The Captain Phil Harris Memorial Maze" was made to honor the late fisherman for his contributions to the local community.

The name of Phil's crab fishing vessel -- the Cornelia Marie -- is also immortalized in the Tumwater, Washington corn field.

According to the Rutledge website, the grand opening for the maze is scheduled for September 11 ... and Phil's two sons -- also on the Discovery Channel show -- are expected to be there.

Becky

WOW..what a cool way to honor such a wonderful person. He would be proud to know that he touched many lifes during his life time.His boys has some big shoes to fill for sure, I know they can and will do it. GOD Bless

Beth

This is really cool RIP Captain Phil you are missed!!!

S L Verburgh

This is a true work of Art. He is a Man that will be missed so very much.

Ali Jumper

Phil, has touched the lives of millions of people across the nation But this so far is the most awesome tribute ever. Love it Missing Captain Phil in Catawissa, Pa

Susan McMichael

That is so awesome....Captain Phil would love this!!!!
Still missed...

kpg45

whose dustin? must be some jerk, from the comments posted.YOUR ALL RIGHT, CAPT.PHIL WAS A COOL GUY!!

molly

I think that's fantastic!!!

henrik

miss you captin phil!!

gail

i really enjoyed the deadly cast its a good show. rest in peaces my friend,god bless their family,

kim

That it totally bad azzzzz !!!!!!

Yvonne92207

Capt. Phil was my favorite. He was a great person. This is awesome. RIP my friend. And best wishes to his boys! Much love from Michigan!

jesse segovia

R.I.P Phil your gone but not forgotten, I followed the Cornelia Marie and crew forever there the best Iwish the sons & family All the best

jesse segovia

tammy nelson

WHOEVER DID THAT MEMORIAL CORN MAZE OF CAPTAIN PHIL IS FREAKIN AWESOME I'M IMPRESSED

steve hummell sr

he was awesome sadly missed by me and my wife.