'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles

8/15/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Deadliest Catch" star Capt. Phil Harris -- who died in February -- has officially been honored with the corniest memorial ever ... a giant maze constructed in his likeness ... on a corn field.

0813_capt_harris

According to sources at Rutledge Corn Maze -- a company that builds a different corn maze on their property every year as an amusement attraction -- "The Captain Phil Harris Memorial Maze" was made to honor the late fisherman for his contributions to the local community.

The name of Phil's crab fishing vessel -- the Cornelia Marie -- is also immortalized in the Tumwater, Washington corn field.

According to the Rutledge website, the grand opening for the maze is scheduled for September 11 ... and Phil's two sons -- also on the Discovery Channel show -- are expected to be there.

scott

thats cool miss you capt phil

Robin Francis

I miss Captain Phil and the show just won't be the same without him, but whoever did the crop circle had wayyyy too much time on his hands. All the same, it was a lovely gesture. My heart still goes out to Jake and Josh.

Dave Hermiston

That is really nice, He will be really missed.

Jennifer

Awesome corn maze! Wish I could be there when it opened to pay tribute to Captain Harris! RIP Captain Phil Harris--we love you!

KLS

Everyone who posted something about Mr. Harris is correct. Although he could sometimes appear mean and arrogant, he still loves what he did and still loves his kids. He knew when it was time for business and time for play. The show will not be the same without him. RIP Mr. Harris and the Cornelia Marie will live on in your honor. Your own family as well as your TV family loves and misses you!

ERIC

ME IN MY FAMILY WILL FOR EVER MISS HIM WE WATCHED THE SHOW ALL THE TIME THEY KINDA WHERE LIKE FAMILY TO US IN A WAY U KNOW .WHEN I HERD IT I WAS CRUSHED I ONLY HOPPE THE FAMILY KEEPS GOING IN HIS REMEMBERENCE . IN I HOPE HIS FAMILY IS DOING WELL EVERY ONE MISSES HIM DEARLY. MAY U REST N PEACE PHIL LOVE YEa n your family very much maybe ill catch up with u up stairs some day huh.

Tina

Sure do miss all of you guys!!!R.I.P. Captain Phil.I love you and always will,but Im so worried about jake and josh,how are they???????
Is there going to be another show????Im having withdrawl symptoms.You guys are a big part of my life.
I wish YOU ALL the very best,
Time Bandit keep up the great comercials.I love them

Eddie Thompson

Captain Phil gave us all a laugh and a thrill and to see and be able to work with his boys on the Cornelia Marie must have been GOLD to his eyes. Can't wait to see how it goes for them in the upcoming season. Our prayers goes out to all the crab vessels,their crews, and to the film crews who brings us the shows every week.

Sophie

Miss the Captain, yes never will be forgotten. My favorite crew on Deadliest Catch. 2nd Northwestern.

Yvonne

My good friend turned me on to the Deadliest Catch back in November,2009. I have thoroughly enjoyed the show and will continue to watch it. My thoughts and prayers go out to Capt.Phil's two sons. He has surely left a legacy...

Thelma

that is fantastic

cathy

AWESOME!!! Capt Phil was great!! I miss him dearly.All my best wishes and prayers are for his sons and all of his friends!!I've already ordered his tee shirt can't wait to see it up close.

Mary Lou

Phil was always my favorite. I think that he would be surprised by how much people genuinely cared for him. I know he is looking down with a big grin on his face. God speed my friend!

joseph wright

captain harris was my favorite guy on the show. He will be missed dearly.

Scarlet Marie

I LOve Phil he was so funny and sweet and kick ass!!!!I called him my boyfriend when watching the show. From what I've seen and heard I think the world would be a better place with more people like him in it.