'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles

8/15/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Deadliest Catch" star Capt. Phil Harris -- who died in February -- has officially been honored with the corniest memorial ever ... a giant maze constructed in his likeness ... on a corn field.

0813_capt_harris

According to sources at Rutledge Corn Maze -- a company that builds a different corn maze on their property every year as an amusement attraction -- "The Captain Phil Harris Memorial Maze" was made to honor the late fisherman for his contributions to the local community.

The name of Phil's crab fishing vessel -- the Cornelia Marie -- is also immortalized in the Tumwater, Washington corn field.

According to the Rutledge website, the grand opening for the maze is scheduled for September 11 ... and Phil's two sons -- also on the Discovery Channel show -- are expected to be there.

Ashwee

That is very, very cool! :)

Tabitha

That's amazing! I'm sure Phil would of liked that. Deadliest Catch will deffinatley not be the same without him, he was my favorite!

yvonne long

captan phill was the man i love him and sure going to miss him !may he rest in peace !!!

kay barley

My husband and I just got back from seattle washington and saw the
memorial at the pier, we wanted to meet some of the captains,
we are from alabama, a long way to go to see boat captains
, just wich we had meet sig. my husband is very sick and this would have meant the world to him

ALeopold

He truley lived more in one day than most of us do in our intire life!!!

Regi

I Love it! Phil was the best!

Julie

Never missed an episode! Capt. Phil, duck farts, and fart bubbles,a perfect combination!

marfa

Aaaammmazzzing!

Ashley

This is a great tribute to him!!! HE was an amazing person and is very missed by all!!! ♥

katie pohl

the corneilia marie is the best f/v to ever hit deadliest catch. Phill Harris was the man and his twoboys always made me luagh im truly sorry for your loss Phill was like a second father to me yes i know i was only a spectator of the show but phil alwas had a way of making me feel like i was right there on the boat with him rest in peace phill harris we all loved you

Nancy

Thanks TMZ for honoring Phil! He will be missed, but never forgotten. This brought me to tears. I am sure all the other guys from the fleet will be happy that you have reached out to their fans and touched our hearts. Thanks again, Nancy

Lisa Anglim

Love the maze, and the show won't be the same without Captain Phil.

kathleen

Impressed.

TAM PRIOR

REST IN PEACE BIG MAN FROM TAM (GLASGOW SCOTLAND)

teresa

wish i could be there for opening of corn maze. R.I.P Capt. phil.