'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles

8/15/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Deadliest Catch" star Capt. Phil Harris -- who died in February -- has officially been honored with the corniest memorial ever ... a giant maze constructed in his likeness ... on a corn field.

0813_capt_harris

According to sources at Rutledge Corn Maze -- a company that builds a different corn maze on their property every year as an amusement attraction -- "The Captain Phil Harris Memorial Maze" was made to honor the late fisherman for his contributions to the local community.

The name of Phil's crab fishing vessel -- the Cornelia Marie -- is also immortalized in the Tumwater, Washington corn field.

According to the Rutledge website, the grand opening for the maze is scheduled for September 11 ... and Phil's two sons -- also on the Discovery Channel show -- are expected to be there.

Jaime

uh... DUH!! Why would anyone buy a map from YOU when Rutledge Cornmaze hands them out for FREEEEEE????!!! haha!!

misty

this is so cool... we miss you Phil

Jenny

I can visualize the look on Capt.Phil's face when he saw this! It's absolutely stunning~ He is a legend & definitely one of a kind! Capt.Phil you will be missed always...You will stay in our hearts & our prayers always~~

becky

yall rock the f-ing boat!

donna

miss deadliest catch when is it comming back on love phil and josh and jake edgar and sig john from time bandit for being there for phils boys love that show dying for more

John

he was a great dad,great caption,he will be miss god bless the rest of the fleet.only thing missing out of the corn feild maze has his cig...Love ya Phil...John

Dawn Ezell

This Maize is awesome. I love the show and I will still watch it,but it will not be the same with Captain Phil Harris gone. I love also that Jake and Josh has stayed. Boys make your dad proud after all you were your dads world and then fishing. Remember Jake and Josh that your dad lives in both of you. Also remember Captain Phil Harris will ALWAYS be watching you and with you. I will NEVER forget Captain Phil Harris. Phil stoled my heart and it will always be broken from losing him. All I can say is I LOVE DEADLIEST CATCH.

val

we miss you phil you were great

michele hague

Capt. Phil YOU WILL BE MISSED MORE THAN YOU KNOW!! The fleet will not be the same without you!! But we know you will bless them all by a great crab season. And will look after them all!
God Bless to your SON'S! They "will" make you "PROUD"!! You are the "BOMB"!!

russ

to get threw any maze follow the outside of the wal the rite hand side the entire way threw and ull get threw without any trouble,,, if any cares at all

robyn

Is this memorial maze still maintained???? I wanna go! Love and miss you, Capt, Phil! xoxox from Oregon.

Tammy

This is really nice, I think it's smiling up at Phil as he smiles down. I do not think it is just a scam or a way to capitalize to get people's money, they build one every year! People can choose to spend their money where they please or not, no one is twisting any one's arm here. Sure maybe with the "Deadliest Catch's" popularity it will help these people's farm profit, with the slump in our economy any one lucky enough to make a buck, more power to you. If Jake & Josh Harris chose to be there or not, is also their choice, if Phil were my father I would try in every possible way to keep his memory alive & to honor him, I think Phil would be proud of them AGAIN. If they chose not to go, that is their business also, I think anyone who has watched Deadliest Catch KNOWS how darn hard all those fella's work & the conditions under which they work, put them at risk every day they spend on a boat, THAT has to be stressful! So if those guys want their down time to do something other than sit around at a corn maze, their big boys, they can chose, I have no problem either way. Corn mazes are harmless fun, for adults & children too, perhaps if you've lived in the city all your life you don't understand them or have never went to one. They are like any other maze, you have a goal to find your way from starting point to end, it's not so simple & can be really fun, some people prefer to go at night when it's scarier. This all might seem silly or out of line to some people, we all have a right to our own opinions, if this bothers you or isn't your style, tune out. Personally I think it's great, just some person's idea of honoring someone that they thought a lot of, wish I lived closer, so I could run through it at dark! & to meet those handsome boys of Phil's if they are there that would just be a BONUS!

FRANK KANIAUPIO

I have never missed one single episode of deadliest catch, because i really liked capt. phil harris. especially his two sons who both really had a lot of respect for their dad and I was hoping that if anything ever happen to the dad that the oldest son would be the new skipper. This family was awesome. I'm going to miss skipper PHIL HARRIS, but i will continue to watch deadliest catch when it starts up again. Of all this i say ALOHA TO SKIPPER PHIL HARRIS with fond memories forever.

FRANK KANIAUPIO

valerie

i think this is awesome! it's a great way 2 remember sum1 who was very dedicated 2 his work nd family. R.I.P. CAPT. PHIL HARRIS!