DMX Stopped by Cops Hours After Release from Jail

8/13/2010 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just hours after DMX was released from jail yesterday ... the rapper was pulled over by police while driving down Sunset Blvd in a rented Mercedes-Benz ... TMZ has confirmed.

0813_dmx_EXD_TMZ.

X's manager tells TMZ the rapper left a recording studio around 11:20 PM when he was stopped for a minor traffic violation.  We're told once officers asked for X's information, they learned that he didn't have a valid driver's license.

DMX wasn't taken into custody -- for a change -- but he was issued a citation and will be due to appear in court sometime in the near future. We're told the cops allowed a passenger in the car to drive the rapper home.

DMX was released from jail yesterday after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence stemming from a reckless driving conviction in 2002.

Thanks to the girls at Hollyscoop for the heads up on this one.

Are you sure?

How do you rent a car without a valid drivers license?

Beth

Seriously - this guy is a complete idiot.

boz

Moron. Just got out of jail for reckless driving, then drives around with no license. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Majestik

This man has officially become the dumbest person on planet Earth. He makes Dina Lohan look like a genius.

Crocrdoll

What a dumbass! I never have understood why unlicensed drivers insist on driving when there's a licensed driver in the car.

Superman

Dumbass! No doubt he should have stayed in jail longer!

Carl

How hard is it to drive properly? In over 20 years of driving I've only been stopped three times (all speeding on the highway, two of them were in my first few years of driving). I understand that he also has the problem of "driving while black", but still it seems ridiculous that he finds a way to get pulled over just after being let out of jail.

awards

Keep him in jail, reduce crime!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

yo man I dont be needin no license to drive...I'm a rapper so the laws dont apply to me..ooops

Sam

He should be sent to a prison for idiots,and then they can drill his black ass for oil

Ketielynn

Stupid is as stupid does! This guy is stupid.

Michelle

Maybe Dina Lohan should read this... his conviction was from 2002... are they just being too hard on him too?

FrequentFlyer

Wow -- what was he smoking??? Stupid is as stupid does....

woodin

how rental car agency rent a car out to someone without a valid license?

UpstateNYer

What?!?! I can't do whatever I want? Don't you know who I am?!?

Yeah - you're an IDIOT. Get a clue and start obeying the laws!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments