Mel Gibson Case:

PR Witness Deposition Set

8/13/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Mel Gibson's lawyers have set their sites on someone who spent hours talking with Oksana Grigorieva about what Mel allegedly did to her and a lot more -- her publicist.

Steve Jaffe Oksana
Sources tell us Steve Jaffe -- a master, veteran PR dude -- got subpoenaed to appear for a deposition during the last week of the month.

And we're told, a dogfight is inevitable between lawyers for Oksana and Mel ... over what Jaffe can and cannot say.

Jaffe -- who served as Oksana's rep for several weeks before resigning -- spent dozens of hours talking to Oksana about Mel, the leaked tapes, allegations that she tried extorting Mel, reports of inconsistencies in her story ... everything, we're told, to "clear up the inconsistencies in the media."

Mel's lawyers want to hear what Oksana said and whether it conflicts with her other statements.  But we're told Oksana's lawyers are prepared for objection after objection, on grounds her lawyers hired Jaffe, and therefore many of the conversations he had with Oksana are protected by what's called the "work product privilege" -- part of the attorney-client privilege.

Sources say Mel's people, among other things, will argue that public relations has nothing to do with the legal case and therefore isn't protected.

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25

azlee

I haven't read all the posts and I know that Judism isn't a race technological (right word?) but it is and seems like a race.

I guess it is like a culture. Like Native Amercians and with that there is traditions/beliefs/a deep down life style.

Being raised around them (one tribe) I found the were different, their humor was different, their way doing work was different. Same with the Jewish community. They were raised a certain way and those traditions stick.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Native Americans ARE a race.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

lol.

Yes, but Irish is NOT a religion or a race. lol!

I am so GLAD some of you apparently know a race from a religion from an ethnic group! Makes me feel not so all alone in this vast sea of semantic confusion.

ANd befor eI get jumped: [not semitic] se·man·tic   /sɪˈmæntɪk/ Show Spelled[si-man-tik] Show IPA
–adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or arising from the different meanings of words or other symbols: semantic change; semantic confusion.
2. of or pertaining to semantics.

fuddyduddy

Michael--I think some of the ladies on this board are flirting with you!!! :)

I'm still trying to catch up on all the reading. Loved the banter between you and Chris!!!

Okay...I just had to write this before I lost my train of thought!

fuddyduddy

Sam...I think I may have to try locking myself in my bedroom like you suggested, or call OG's shrink!! My son's little friend wants to stay another night! NO, NO, NO!!!

fuddyduddy

Chris
"I guess what I find most mindblowing is the fact that Mel, a DEVOUT Catholic, is such a hypocrite....throws stones at those things he does not agree with but cries foul when a stone is thrown at him."
________________________________________________________________

I have had the same thought myself with him being a devout Catholic. But, there are a lot of Catholic who are hypocrites. Look at all of the se.xual abuse of chiildren at the hands of priests and nuns (not as much on nuns, but there have been some cases). These are the very people that parents have told their children to trust. It's terrible! But, hypocrisy is not just limited to catholics. There have been baptist and evangelicals who have also fallen from grace with their indiscretions. Hypocrisy crosses all lines.

I also cannot understand how you can blame this entire matter on Mel because you think his actions led him to what's happening in his life. What about OG's actions? Are those actions less forgiving in your mind? I would much rather deal with a man like Mel Gibson who blows a gasket when he is mad and states what's on his mind. To me, that is a more honest person rather than some lying, scheming, hateful woman who wants revenge, no matter who gets hurt.

ohreally

Lots of the Irish believe they are a separate race... FYI.
*********************************************
Yes, but Irish is NOT a religion or a race. lol!

Posted at 10:38 PM on Aug 13, 2010 by Sam

ohreally

See re The Irish race:

ohreally

Yes, everyone is Irish on St Paddy's Day!! LOL I even know some English who will claim that, just so they can join in the fun ;)

But also on all the other days of the year... the Irish hold that they are indeed a separate race. This has been a belief for centuries, it isn't something new. We ARE unique from the rest of Europe, and the world too. (yes, I'm Irish!!)

Previous 15 Comments | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25