American Airlines: Don't Even Think About It

8/13/2010 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

American Airlines isn't taking any chances of a repeat of the whole, "Hit-me-in-the-head-and-I'll-grab-a-beer-and-activate-the-slide" incident.

American Airlines Announcement

Before taking off yesterday, the pilot on Flight 345 from New York to Chicago got on the intercom and told passengers, "Flight attendants take great pride in their work. Please respect the job that they do. They are here for your safety first and service second."

Then, in a clear reference to the Steve Slater/JetBlue incident, the pilot said, "If they need you to stay put or need your assistance, please obey their orders.  When they ask you to sit down, you will sit down."

A bunch of passengers started snickering. They got the joke.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Waiting to see on the news where some copycat opens the door and activates the slide...
while its 40,000 feet in the air

ME FIRST

JLS

God bless American! My sister has been a flight attendant with them since 1966. Yes, 1966! The abuse she has put up with from passengers who openly told her they dared her to report them, is stunning.

Federal laws apply when trying to screw with flight crews. Keep your hands OFF and obey their requests. This is no game.

Kitty

Maybe if the flight attendants showed a little respect to the passengers, they would get the same treatment in return.

justsaying

You could tell by what this guy did and how he did it that he came straight (no pun intended) from fairy land. No real man would have pull that stunt.

Stupid People Hater

I am very sick of hearing about this.

awards

AA is a great place to join the Mile High Club! Sometimes the flight attendants will give you a hand... Usually you get complimentary champagne!

TrueDat

Funny. When I read about the JetBlue incident, my first thought was that if that had happened on a AA flight, the flight attendant would have had the disruptive passenger in a head lock and had another putting him in plastic handcuffs. Those FA's do not play!!!

Dan

okay this guy's 5 minutes of fame should have been over, like days ago... the media in this country just won't stop beating a story to death

sharon

When i saw the headline, i thought that ******* clown applied for a job with their airline and that's what they told him, lol

anony

STILL--if they don't identify and punish the woman who caused all this, then who cares?
If she can get up early to get her luggage, then why can't I?
If there is no penalty to ignoring the flight attendants' instructions, then why should we listen to them at all?

Christtina G.

It's funny, all I've heard the last few years is how much rudeness flight attendants put up with. However, the only rudeness I've witnessed has been from flight attendants to passengers. I understand that airline passengers aren't as classy as they used to be, but flight attendants aren't as classy as they used to be either. And if they are there for our safety, why do they spend 90% of their time serving drinks and snacks to the passengers? Don't blame the customer if they seem a little confused by that, and expect the same courtesy as they would if they were sitting in a restaurant.

Max

What a high and mighty, arrogant statement from the pilot. He's a taxi cab driver and the FA's are waitresses. Talk about thinking you're more important than you are. Jeez. Give 'em a uniform and they think they're Hitler.

Flying these days is ridiculous. The flight staff uses the 'threat' of terror to be rude and give craptastic service. The 'security' clearance adds 4 hours to your travel time. I'll just drive there and I can put my big bags where I damn well please.

angles

NOW I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA IF THEY HAD CAMERAS ON BOARD . SIMPLY BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND SOME OF THEM TO BE RUDE AND VERYIMPATIENT WITH PASSANGERS TOO MANY HRS. OR JUST BURNT OUT . WE PAY FOR A SERVICE AND VERY RARELY RECIEVE IT . YES WE ARE IN FLIGHT BUT WE GET THIRSTY AND HAVE TO MOVE AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME . I THINK THAT SAFTEY IS A BIG CONCERN . BUT SOME OF THEM GO EXTREME . HE SHOULD BE FIRED

CanCan

i'm sick of hearing about this guy. he's an unprofessional, immature jerk. bet a buck that he gets his own t.v. show or clothing line.

Ross

Hey *******, just fly the plane. And bring me some peanuts bitch.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments