Steven Slater's JetBlue Slide Escape -- Caught on Tape

8/14/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the VIDEO everyone has been waiting to see ... the moment flight attendant Steven Slater popped open the door of his JetBlue aircraft ... and jumped down an inflatable slide.

The footage -- obtained by our friends at WNBC in New York -- was captured by surveillance cameras at JFK airport on Monday.

pcox

Actually it shows there was little or no threat to anybody on the ground. He opened the door.. waited a few seconds, and then the slide began to slowly deploy. None of this "airbag explosiveness" that JetBlue wants you to believe.

Kym

This dude's job is toast! He could have just left by the door - it was already open to the jet way! He doesn't stand a chance in hell of keeping his job and he shouldn't. He overreacted and was unprofessional. He should have just said I'm done and left normally. They'll get him for job abandonment. Incredible how anyone thinks this guy is a hero.

pink floyd

video does not work tmz better luck next time......

DANA

The flight company should sue him and make him pay the damage or put him behind bars.

DANA

DRAMA QUEEN
nothing more nothing less
he dont deserve to get any job in future and should be sentenced to few years jail

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I heard that he had pulled a knife and stabbed Mr hand before he jumped

campy

I don't care if the guy lied or not. This man is a hero. Let his voice and his actions on that fateful afternoon be a testament to the verbally abused customer service representatives worldwide!

JUST SAY "NO!" I REFUSE TO PUT UP WITH THIS MISERABLE JOB AND THESE MISERABLE PEOPLE FOR ONE SECOND LONGER! I'M TAKING THE QUICKEST ROOT THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

Johan

This man is A HERO!!!

timleonard32

Get that pole out of the way and it might be interesting. N I agree, tmz, you owe me 30 seconds of my life back.

Charles

Agree with digital.
Regards from http://brandxxl.com

charmed

weeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

nZee

You need an an IP from USA to be able to see the video, even when you see almost nothing, because of some kind of antenna standing in the way..

John

There wan no altercation with a passenger. This little moron wanted him some attention, concocted a plan to get it, and the media is stupid enough to give it to him. As long as the media salivates over idiots like this, they will continue to do whatever it takes, including putting others in harms way, to get attention. Ignore them, don't have 50% of the front page posts on your blog about them every day and they will quietly vanish.

Gaydar

Never make a gay man angry. They're more irrational and vengeful than an angry woman.

The Slater Slide

I thought he deployed the slide before the plane was hooked up to the walkway but looking at the video on youtube, the walkway was already connected to the plane.

So why the hell did he deploy the chute? I had sympathy for him because I figured the plane still hadn't docked, but now I think he should pay. Not 7 years in jail, but 1 year probation would be adequate.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments