Steven Tyler on 'Idol'

Show Me the Money!

8/13/2010 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler is playing a little bit of hardball with "American Idol" execs -- saying they better "lay out the bread" if they want him to come on board.

Steven Tyler - American Idol
Less than two weeks ago, the Aerosmith singer proclaimed "I'm doing it" when asked if he was gonna be on "Idol." But yesterday in New York, he seemed to be playing coy when asked whether he was going to take the gig.

We smell a negotiation ploy!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Bev

BRETT MICHEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim

Tyler a fame whore? He's been around forever in one of the most recognized rock and roll bands in history and you think he's a fame whore? Tyler rocks Aerosmith rocks. I think he could give the idols some good direction. Its all worked for him

idolscout

The buzz from American Idol auditions are saying look out for Hawaiian singer Ryan Pugal, one of the best talents this season during the auditions.

Reesa

I CANT BELIEVE ALL THE NAY SAYERS
STEVEN TYLER IS F'EN AWESOME HE IS TALENTED HE IS THE REAL ROCK N ROLLER OF ALL TIME ! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HIM PERFORM THE TALENT IS RAW AND ROCKIN, GoD what are all u baby maby pambies , American Idol does have a phoney thing going on I THINK STEVEN IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT SHOW BUT AT LEAST HE WILL BE ENTERTAINING AND CRANK IT UP A NOTCH , HE IS REALLY AN ARTIST AND OPEN MINDED AND FROM THE TRUE AMERICAN ROCK N ROLL ERA, come on you naysayer wimps , get on board and rock out and be free like Steven TYler , he not only rocks it with his voice , he is a songwriter of all his songs along w/ Joe perry he plays awesome blues harmonica he scats like a jazz singer, he is a drummer, he moves in such a cool way he truely is a ROCKER THe REal Article!!!!!!!!!!
just take a listen to MAMA KIN , WATCH it up on youtube YOU will seee!
PEACE AND GO STEVEN TYLER!!!!!!!!! we need more GOOD REAL MUSICIANS OUT THERE TO TAKE IT BACK GET BACK TO REAL MUSIC!!
I LOVE YOU STEVEN WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!

Kelly

On (Dr.) Steven Tyler: He is in fact, Doctor Steven Tyler. He was awarded a doctoral degree from BERKLEE College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. He would be a far better judge (HANDS DOWN) than the over priced J-LO !!
DOCTOR TYLER....it's a fact!

Kelly

I would like to see a LIV TYLER DEBUT record produced by Jack White of Third Man Records. I think that would awesome !!!

Kelly

Confession: I never watched Idol because it seemed silly when that kid won for the song "She Bangs". I mean c'mon!!! Even when my son's friend Siobhan was on (and she should have won), I didn't watch because I knew it's just not real or credible the way they pick some no talent blunders. I do like some real artists that came from Idol. But I guarantee you, if Steven Tyler is a judge, then, I will take Idol more seriously and watch it religiously. Dr. Tyler will lend some credibility to a show that just seemed to me like a jerry springer music fest. I promise to watch and I betcha the entire "blue army" of Aerosmith will tune it too. He has a charisma that fans can't get enough of. I've been to so many Aerosmith concerts since I was 13 that I can't count anymore. Keep on keepin' on STEVEN & AEROSMITH!!!!

Kelly

I THINK CHER SHOULD BE CONSIDERED INSTEAD OF THE OVERPRICED POPTART CALLED J-LO. SHE'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. KEEP IT REAL THIS SEASON AMERICAN IDOL AND LET IT BE ABOUT THE MUSIC AND THE REAL TALENT. KEEP THE CLOWN DRAMA AND FEUDS OFF THE SHOW. I THINK STEVEN TYLER AND CHER WOULD BE A WINNING TEAM. And what credentials does Randy have? who is he? Replace him with Brett Michaels. American Idol needs to get REAL if it seriously wants to be on for decades. Remember Don Law's Rock Concert on Friday nights in the 70s? That was a cool and real show. IDOL NEEDS TO GET SERIOUS if it wants to be on TV as long as The Tonight Show or The Price is Right. I watched the Price is Right because it was REAL. GET IDOL REAL and then you can survive for decades! Let's get some qualified real musicians on there and then your viewers will increase like you've never imagined.

lilly cutsinger

in my opioion steven tlyer is ugly no talent and can't sing please get him off am idol

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7