Mel's Babysitter:

He Freaked Out

Before Fight

8/14/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the babysitter for Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva was front and center for the beginning of the now-famous January 6 blowup.

0813_Mel_Gibson_Oksana_getty_ex
In the hours before the incident, Oksana went to a basketball game ... leaving Mel, baby Lucia and the babysitter at Mel's Malibu home.

According to sources connected with the case, the babysitter says Mel "began freaking out" while Oksana was gone, "slamming doors, cussing and screaming at someone on the phone."  The babysitter says Mel was screaming to someone on the phone, "I want to f**king destroy you."

We're told the babysitter called Oksana and urged her to come home because Mel was losing it.  The babysitter claims, "Mel was possessed and completely out of control."

Sources say the babysitter was present when Oksana returned home but left before anything physical occurred.

Other sources, however, question the babysitter's claims, because they say she never previously made any such allegations.

People connected with the babysitter tell us she didn't come forward with her story because she's fearful of Mel and is fighting stage 4 cancer and undergoing chemo.

PAL

G'morning, V

TMZ what was the DATE of the photo you used for Oksana in this article? Looks like you tried to make Oksana appear younger than she is? WHY would you do this?
Posted at 7:16 AM on Aug 14, 2010 by V

This looks to me like a close up of the original photo taken with Timothy Dalton, dated 2000. That would make her 30 years old. NOT!!! cough, cough, sputter,sputter. I can't answer for TMZ as to WHY, but thought I would give you the date anyway. I can't look for the link I provided earlier this week as I presently have no internet access. When it comes back up, I will hit "add comment" fast before I lose it again.

I miss all you folks, having trouble with my ISP...keep losing connection, same problem with everybody in my telephone exchange & it has been happening for DAYS. GRRR I hope this goes through. Also hope to be back soon...I'm lonely. LOL! Just noticed the red light on my modem AGAIN. I'll wait (with a smile...NOT!). Be safe.

LISA

Oksana must be all starry-eyed over the yacht parked in Malibu
that belongs to Andrey Melnichenko. I would find it surprising
she has not tried to make contact with him and his wife Aleksandra.

I'm not sure Andrey would have much to do with Oksana, but it's
not a futile trail to follow.

Andrey and Aleksandra are her idols and no doubt she would love
to be part of their group.

When I went to LA as a Serbian born, I was quickly introduced to
the who's who of Serbian IT society. It's the same with Russians.
I really feel that I know that culture and how they quickly connect
with each other.

That's why the Yacht in Malibu has caught my attention.

SEE THIS $300 million Phillippe Starch designed work of art.
There is no way Oksana and her yearning for THE BEST would
escape her interest. They are from Moscow after all with one
the biggest Yachts in the world.

YACHT

Shell

lmao @ curious. love the mouse

Parker

First off, rich people can use both nannies and baby sitters for fill ins. Some nannies work late night shifts.

Second I've heard nannies refer to themselves as baby sitters. So this discussion is meaningless

Third, people in many countries get cancer, not just people in Russia.

Fourth, the baby wasn't 2 months premature, just one month and it would have been around two months.

Fifth, I'll repeat the engineer was not there that night. What he allegedly witnessed was a year earlier (2009) in a professional environment iirc.

Sixth, stories in tabs are often full of inaccuracies so what's the big deal about this one? She wasn't even an eyewitness to the assault.

Originalkat

Why should she be fearful of Mel if she is stage 4 cancer? I mean let's get real hear that part totally took away from the article for me. She is just now speaking? Seems like alot of people keep to themselves until they can get their name in print. I am sure Mel has a temper...everyone does. It just takes some more than others to le tit take hold but that doesn't mean the man hit her. I think his ex-wife's statement holds the truth. Robin would never lie for him...look what he did to their marriage with this benbo.

Donna

The babysitters story is very questionable. It is odd that she comes forward now with this after another woman who claimed to be involved with Mel told her story of him supposedly yelling at her.

Curious

Parker -

You're absolutely right on all counts, especially number 6.

The problem I have is when the complaintant in the case, Miss Oksana, herself keeps changing the story. Goodness, have you seen how many very different accounts she's come up with? Amazing.

Vyktorya

There always seems to be a disconect in the logic of these stories. As Sweetheart points out, if the babysitter's got Stage 4 cancer, she's got nothing left to lose, so why be afraid of Mel or anyone else?

It's the same type of disconnect as that story the other day....Mel was kicking the door down, I was ABSOLUTELY terrified of him, so of course I OPENED the door and let him in. LOL!!

Maria Ashot

'Morning, Good People! (Nasty people, move along now: nothing for you here...)

Catching up.

NAME of babysitter? What, Hoaxsana the Poster Child for Victimized Virtuous Motherhood cannot in ALL OF L.A. find a "babysitter" who does NOT have stage 4 cancer to look after her newborn while she goes off to "basketball" games?

My mother died of cancer... Babysitting during that, professionally... I don't think so...

Unless, of course, this is more of HOAXSANA's "Charity...." Hire a dying woman in agony to look after a newborn who needs tending to every 40-45 minutes or so... Meanwhile, go to basketball games & of course dinner at Mr Chow's and red carpet events with the man you are plotting to extort gazillions from... all the time while he is "battering" you and "making threats like a man possessed."

Of course. It all makes perfect sense:

HOAX! HOAX! HOAX!

DJ

Curiousier & curiousier........

Curious

Oh my goodness!

Some of the Sleuths have talked about this in jest - but back on the Mel back in LA page, there's a Google ad for - you guessed it!

Mel Rant T-shirts!

LMAO!

Curious

Shell -

Re Mouse

Vyktorya

#121 -- Yes, well, um, I have to admit already got my "but you will blow me first" t-shirt from zazzle and wore it to the gym yesterday. It was a huge success. Everyone was laughing and smiling at me everywhere I went!!!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

"...........There must have been a motive hiring her as a babysitter, but the sole purpose was not for her children but actually as an informant or something like that."

Posted at 5:35 AM on Aug 14, 2010 by what?

Someone said "She was hired to lie." The babysitter is the nanny hired by Mel at the insistance of Ox. This is the nanny of the tapes, the 'friend' of the dentist Ox went to with her broken veneers. Mel provided insurance--and employment--for a stage 4 cancer patient. And this person is turning on him because the dentist, and therefor she is an 'old friend' of the Ox. (I have trouble thinking of anyone being actual friends with this woman--but I supppose it could happen.)

Someone else thought this, I think it sounds plausible, but who knows?

I'm having trouble with the 'I was afraid of Mel" so she waited until the last minutes to come forward. Curious's WTF-o-meter is going clangity clang. I hear it from here!

Tara

@Michael--every story leaked by Oksana's camp WAS being posted by ROL but something shifted recently. I made the observation in one of my comments sometime last week that her camp is now providing material to TMZ.

I think this is happening because readers are very pro Mel here on TMZ and very active/vocal, whereas there are far fewer people caring to comment on ROL stories. The first example of this that I recall was the posting of support for Oksana by the bodyguard group. This did not appear at all on ROL but info was provided directly to TMZ--I suspect to influence Mel's supporters here. Okay, it didn't work, but now TMZ appears to be getting info from her camp from time to time. It is interesting to see what stories are given to TMZ and to speculate why and for whom...