Steven Slater Gets Reality TV Show Offer

8/16/2010 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned JetBlue's most famous beverage slinger Steven Slater has a reality show offer on the table ... and the hook -- helping people quit their jobs.

0813_Steven_Slater_TV_HOST_getty_istock
According to well-placed industry sources ... Stone Entertainment -- a powerhouse in the reality TV world --  is going after Slater to host a show in which various disgruntled workers quit their jobs in extravagant ways.

But reality TV is a fickle thing ... if Slater's story turns out to be a big hoax -- which we're thinkin' is the case -- the offer could disappear as fast as it came.

Still, we're told Slater's lawyer has received the offer.

0810_steven_slater_footer

ama

Oh c'mon now why are we still hearing about this guy? It was pretty funny at first and thankfully no one got hurt but c'mon now his 15 mins are over let's move onto something else...

DD

I wish I could say that I'm surprised.

Angie

I am 100% behind him,behind his cause, behind his not wanting to be exploited by those morons making millions at the top anymore!!! Go Steven!

sharon

Inane. Beyond stupid. How low can we go? Unappealing. Lame. I have no words... Here today and gone tomorrow, yet worse off if it does indeed pass through our "culture". I would never watch such a thing. What would the audience be comprised of? Be ashamed, very ashamed.

whocares

Let all do something illegal or stupid and get a reality show!
hmmm lets see i cant give bith to 20 kids at a time anymore, hes done the plane.......geesh will have to think of somehting to get on tv huh!? What are these shows saying about americans! Lets make a idiot a star.dont we already have enough in hollywood??

Kenneth

What a repulsive little queen. The idea that in a country with 10% unemployment, anyone will watch this pudgy little poofter "help" people quit their jobs is obscene.

John_Dunkel

Only in America...

Fred

No wonder Television is in such trouble. When you give a show to a fifteen minute drama queen celibrity then the entire industry as a whole is truly in trouble. Hoping he fades into obscurity fast!

grace pico

I think it would work if he has a panel as in the marriage ref show and if he has crews filming the office or environment (secretly) where the folks are working (as in what not to wear) and then surprise the person telling them he's got to help them quit the job...

I think this would work and expose a lot of crappy employers and shame them into change...
American needs this right now...venting and laughing about the crappy economy...yeap

Mary Macharia

Even though it seems like bad behavior is being awarded, I must say Steven Slater deserves this... whatever reality show he'll get. Why? because, he was merely following the rules for the safety of this passenger, and what does he get in return? a contusion on his forehead! He didn't punch this person back, instead he cursed him out, and then grabbed his beers, and left. It could have been a lot worse guys, nobody died!!! imagine how many other psychotic ways he would have settled this one. We've heard in the news many times of people who are stressed out reacting in the most aggressive means. As for me I'd rather be cursed out and be left breathing and in one piece. We all have a right to our opinion, Steven left everyone there well cursed out, but alive and well. If only everyone who is stressed out in whichever way, can take a piece from Steven Slater, this world would be a much happier place. Kudos to you Steven! next time I'll grab my wine bottle, and take the exit. I'll be watching your show!

Marge

I won't watch it!!! Doesn't take much to get a reality show. Just act like an ass!!

cluesarethere

Please please please for the love of God.. do not give Slater a show. It'll be like watching another Richard Simmon on TV.. I don't think I can stomach it.

sosad2

What I want to know is what is his consequence for such a stupid and immature way of quitting his job. He is a loser. I would never watch a show like that. Oh well, just a sign of the times.

LENNY MEDINA

WELL BY THE LOOKS OF THIS STORY IT TURNS OUT THAT HIS STORY REALLY ISN'T TRUE ACCORDING TO PASSENGERS WHO WERE ON THE PLANE. IF THIS IS SO THEN THE SHOW SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF AIR PERIOD. THIS GUY IS A PHONY, A JOKE. HOW ARE YOU GONNA QUIT THE WAY HE DID AND THEN SAY THAT HE WANTS HIS OLD JOB BACK... "C'MON SON."

carouser

Kids, we can be spending the rest of our lives watching Steven fighting for the common man on your own private pay per view extended telethon and writing him memos as to why he needs to drop by and help us out of our own particular misery.

One minute you’re escaping down an emergency airplane chute the next you’re being offered a lucrative TV deal. Welcome to America’s new object of fascination – Steven Slater who has tapped into American’s disdain for their crummy jobs and the things they have to tolerate…

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments