Mel Gibson in

Car Crash

8/16/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson acclimated back into L.A. life by getting into a car accident yesterday ... this according to law enforcement sources.

0709-mel-gibson-ex-getty-01
Sources tell TMZ it happened at 8:35 PM in Malibu.  Gibson, we're told, lost control of his car and ended up striking the rocky hillside on Malibu Canyon Road.

Gibson was driving a 2008 Maserati, which had to be towed from the scene.

Hours before the crash -- photogs shot footage of Gibson driving the Maserati around Malibu (see video above).

According to the CHP report, obtained by TMZ, "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside.  He stopped his car at the scene and was contacted by officers from the West Valley CHP Area."

CHP Public Information Officer Leland Tang tells TMZ ... "Gibson told officers in the field he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside."  Tang said his officers followed up by asking Gibson if he was on a cell phone and he said no.  Tang adds officers also asked Gibson if he had dozed off "but he did not give a firm 'yes' or 'no'."  Gibson just repeated several times, "I don't know how the car left the roadway."

The report goes on, "Mr. Gibson supplied all the pertinent information to the officers at the scene, gave a statement, and received a ride home from a friend."

Gibson was not hurt.

According to the report, "DUI is not suspected in the accident."

UPDATE:  As for the curious statement in the report ... "For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside." Tang tells TMZ his department was in no way trying to insinuate Gibson did it intentionally. Tang says, "It was totally an unintentional act."  And Tang says no citation was issued and no charges will be filed.

0816_crash_footer

wondering

wow the Oxzombies are out wandering looking for brains ...since they have none and are starved for real brains

Shell

Shell, it's nice that you like to travel along in Oksana's underwear but while you're at it, have you considered how many people Mel has slept with? While married?! Hmmm?

By my count, in twenty years you've listed eleven men. My guess would be that Mel's would eclipse that by a large margin. Again, while married.

Posted at 10:14 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by Anon
==============================================
oh, anon, please. you know you won't find me anywhere near that...but the stench you are leaving shows that is where you have been residing.....now buzz off....

Superman

How can he not get a citation?!? He was involved in a car crash and it appears he was asleep at the wheel!!!! Too bad it didn't go off a cliff...this guy is a sc*mbag that p*ssed away all his blessings!!! What an ingrate!

Anon

Eleven men that Oksana may have slept with in twenty plus years. Is that potential list of suitors supposed to be incriminating?

fuddyduddy

(Tara and Genna...I posted this before, but i want to make sure you got it. Here it is again.)

Tara and Genna...thank you for your hard work on the timeline and also for figuring out the July 1st release. I know I wasn't crazy! So, ROL was throwing teasers out there on July 1st just like you found.

You might want to add to the timeline:

June 20 - Father's Day; OG would not let Mel have Lucia

June 23 - OG is served with restraining order in the evening hours

That's why I have stated befoer -- on Father's Day OG did not let Mel have Lucia. Mel was mad and went to his attorney. Attorney's filed for restraining order. OG served with RO on June 23. And then, on July 1 we have ROL informing the public about the Mel tapes. I think the tapes were sold (or whatever) between June 24 and June 30. If OG's attorney was admonished in court, then you can imagine that things did not turn out well. OG was pissed; hefty settlement was off the table by now, so now, she fires back.

Again, thank you both for all of your help.

Posted at 11:51 PM on Aug 14, 2010 by fuddyduddy

Squeaky Shoes

why do we keep reposting her sexual history... do we really care? the issue at hand is the man she's forking over currently.

maybe he was on something/maybe he wasn't

i can certainly tell you i'd need to be drunk/high 24/7 to deal with her crazy ass.

however, to play devil's advocate, at this point in proceedings he would be utterly stupid to get a dui or anything else of an arrest/criminal nature.

Friend?

I´m so glad nobody´s hurt, my best wishes Mel!

middleagedcrazy

Sure can't wait for school to start. Trying to keep patience with the insulting children attempting to take over this board is stretching my good nature to the fullest. How about we do not directly engage any of them? I usually have good results with ignore, ignore, etc. Tee hee

fuddyduddy

In other Gibson-related news, a potential witness to Gibson's alleged abusive behavior has died. A nanny who worked for Gibson and Grigorieva, and who was described by Gibson in derogatory and offensive terms in one of those aforementioned tapes, died over the weekend after a long struggle with cancer, according to Radar Online.

Shell

Posted at 10:22 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by middleagedcrazy
===============================================================

agreed!

TrumanD

God bless you, anon. I will pray for you. Seriously.

Ok, my lunch break is nearing the end. Back to business... See you all later! Cannot wait to read the newest comments later!

**TEAM TRUTH**

CDS

Suicide attempt?

Anon

Squeakyshoes, I did not post sexual histories, I was responding to Shell and middleaged that are obsessed with sexual history. Problem is, eleven possibles in twenty years with a mostly single woman is not a big deal. But they keep reposting it.

fuddyduddy

We all remember when Mel Gibson called his babysitter a “wetback” on his notorious recorded phone conversations with Oksana Grigorieva- but now the woman won’t be able to testify against Gibson because she passed away.

According to Radar, the babysitter had been fighting off stage four cancer and finally suc***bed to the illness over the weekend.

The late employee was said to have witnessed Mel’s rage firsthand prior to his attack on Oksana at his Malibu mansion on January 6th.

Following the incident, Gibson threatened to turn the unnamed babysitter into the immigration authorities for being illegal. “I will fire (name omitted) if she’s at your house. I will make it known and fire her. I’ll report her to the f*cking people that take f *cking money from the wetbacks, ok?”

________________________________________________________________

I don't see the problem here with calling the babysitter a wetback. If the woman was her illegally. Isn't that just a common term that illegals from Mexico are called? So what? Call me a gringo. Doesn't hurt my feelings. How is it that OG had an illegal working for her. Hmmmm...might be another legal matter she will have to address in a court of law.

fuddyduddy

yeah i wish all these old people will get a job and leave these boards to us ----oh yeah obomber just extended unenployment benifits so i guess all these oldies will still be hanging around defending drunk mel------go away all u oldies and get a life-----the new breed is taking this site over---we rule

Posted at 10:27 AM on Aug 16, 2010 by you are wrong and I am right