Mel Gibson's

Crashed Maserati --

The Wreckage

8/17/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the photos of Mel Gibson's smashed up Maserati -- taken after he crashed the ultra-expensive ride into a rocky hillside in Malibu on Sunday.

0817_mel_gibson_EX
The front passenger wheel area is a total mess -- with serious cosmetic and functional tire damage ... which is why the car had to be towed from the scene.

As we first reported, Gibson told CHP officers in the field that he did not know how the car drifted out of the lane and into the hillside.  But according to the police report, alcohol was not a factor.

chris

Question - why are so many trying to find out if the plastic surgeon who died was Oksana's? Is it just out of curiousity or is there a "connection"

I'm confused as to the overwhelming interest in a plastic surgeon.

Sammy

Curious,
Then you haven't read Sophie/Sweetheart's posts. She isn't Team Mel, she is Team KOO-KOO

SayWhat

Why are these people who are saying that Mel is so evil and wishing him dead--isn't that evil? I never heard Team Mel wish anyone dead.

Posted at 8:39 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by Confused
==============================================
lol.... and there you have it confused. I think that the difference in tactics speaks for itself.

Curious

Hiya Chris!

Some of us tinfoil hat types were just a little unsettled over the appearance of a certain yacht and Mr. Mel's accident.

(What a friggen yacht! Over 300 feet long, bullet proof steel frame and bomb proof glass! Whee howdy. Cost the man $300 million.)

Mr. Mel had the car towed, we'll what, if anything, the mechanics find.

It could easily have been a simple accident as many from CA have said Malibu Canyon road is very tricky and the frequent site of accidents.

My two cents ;)

Dear Mel,

The Insane Clown Posse called and your the next "guest of honor". U think ur such a tough man for beating up on females, hitting babies and now wrecking cars. Karma dude...karma is coming for you!

Genna

@Sammy

Thanks for the link.

@chris

You bring up a valid point. There are a number of pro-Mel posters who also stated that people shouldn't jump to any conclusions, and that everyone should wait until something suspicious is found when, and if, the appropriate experts examine Mel's vehicle. It's not even known if they will examine his vehicle for any tampering, or if anyone has any reason to suspect any tampering.

Curious

Also Chris -
Re poor Dr. Ryan - that was just me being curious. Since he had tended to so many Hollywood stars, I just wondered if he attended Miss Oksana is all.

Sammy -
I've found Sweetheart to be right about several things so far. Being the cynical old broad that I am, I tend to fact check.

middleagedcrazy

I like tinfoil -- so sparkly. I like the grape hat too because I loved my grandmas and would be honored to wear one.

@ chris -- The interest in plastic surgeons is because so many very pretty women seem to go to 'blowup sex doll #4' when they get involved with those procedures.

mimik

Re 120:`.. given how many time toxana's been through this, one would think she'd get a clue and keep her mouth shut too... i guess not

Posted at 8:26 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by Squeaky Shoes`
-------------------------
... better yet, had she kept her mouth shut in the trailer, she would not have a new meal ticket to claim (see mr becker`s story)

chris

Hiya Chris!

Mr. Mel had the car towed, we'll what, if anything, the mechanics find.

Posted at 8:44 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by Curious
------------------------------------------------

Hey There Curious! Thanks for the info! I play golf in Malibu on the weekends and I drive those canyon roads and they are definitely dangerous if you're not paying attention. I can TOTALLY understand veering off the road - IT HAPPENS!!!! Depending on the time of day and where the sun is and what direction you're driving you CAN get blinded!!!

Tell me about this yacht off the coast of "the bu" (as it's referred to by local Malibu residents). Who's is it, what's the relation (or suspected relation) to MG or The Ox.

Looking forward to your reply. Get back at me ASAP!!

Curious

Hiya Crazymom!

Sammy - thanks for the link. That IS a tricky bit of road.

Squeaky Shoes

I'm surprised Mel hadn't lost his voice by the time CHP arrived on the scene. I'd love to hear the profanity laced tirade he went on when he got out of the car and saw all of the damage too! It probably lasted for 15 minutes or more. haha, tough luck Mel! Nobody to blame but yourself this time... and no the fact you we're raging in your mind about Oksana and that other piece of ass and blanked out doesn't make it their fault you smashed your car up. Your just insane and you've brought it all on yourself!

Posted at 8:36 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by gimmeabreak
_____________________________________________________

another short-sighted poster who obviously doesn't read articles, only headlines

the chp officer IN HIS STATEMENT said gibson was patient and polite - or something to that effect... i'm sure if he was on a tirade he would have been arrested on the spot given his history...

V

Anyone else having some of their posts not being accepted? And others being delayed and appearing not at the next post on the board but pages back?

V

you are wrong and I am right,

I admit I am not an expert when it comes to cars (and to be honest I can't tell you the make and model of most. I am just not wired that way) but the service recall speaks for itself.

That is why I waited for photos of the damage and sought some wise counsel. I won't bother to tell you the NAME of my cousins... if I did, think you would have to give them SOME CREDIT for knowing cars. I asked because Mel's car is based on a race car and I figured what would it hurt. None of us said it WAS FOR SURE, just a best guess from us.

I hope someone releases what the cause was. My bet is the officers who responded could clearly see it was equipment failure. CHIPS see wrecks alot and I bet Mr. Tang, by the way, LOVE HIS NAME - Leland Tang- was just using his expertise and common sense.

THE REALLY WOW moment of your post was where claimed to be GOD or know HIS MIND.

From my chair to take that vantage point calls into question your creditibility it certainly doesn't gain you any. I was raised to

CONSIDER the SOURCE.

I am growing very used to some particular posters doing their best to PERSONALLY ATTACK ME instead of reading and evaluating what I bring to the actual discussion or topic.

What you and the minnions have to by now see by the sheer volume produced to date is your efforts only reflect on YOU and beg the question WHY.

WHY do you and your ilk keep doing this?

Your motives seem to be...what was it Judge Gordon said

Oh yeah

"DISINGENUOUS".

There has been a campaign from the onset where certain posters tried to throw out - IF THE POST is ANTI-OKSANA DON'T ANYONE BELIEVE IT BECAUSE THOSE POSTS are by PAID PR agents of MEL GIBSON.

Trouble is, your audience was NOT paid by Mel and yet they could USE THEIR COMMON SENSE so that hot air balloon has at the very least lost its altitude.

The next effort seemed to include joining the discussion and choosing a moniker very close to someone with an opposing viewpoint. The game was to confuse. It is a widely used PR tactic and so far from my chair, the tactic has not been successful.

The more recent campaign is to try and surgically INSULT a poster (by specific post, by name, or by spinning and warping what was asserted) in a way hoping other posters will eventually consider the targetted poster in a negative light and whatever the poster brings to the discussion table will be dismissed. Again, that sort of tact has not worked and in my opinion reeks.

In fact, once again it merely calls into question the campaign. Why spend so much time trying to divide and conquer or attack posters instead of staying on point? I have to wonder why after so much time anyone who finds Mel Gibson so repulsive would even bother to READ published accounts and much less take the time to post. There has to be a reason, doesn't there?

We have heard repeatedly the verbal barbs directed at MEL's "CAMP" - interesting word choice- but really isn't it more odd the behavior of those who come soley day after day to try to deliver the same ol hole laden diatribe and can't seem to move from script?

BTW- I and some other posters have endured up close and personal real attacks, I can only speak for myself but I bear the scars and deal with the aftershocks daily, if you think using primary schoolyard antics on a discussion board is going to intimidate or derail my interests you are WRONG.

Folks who have endured real attacks will tell you assaults change you. Your perspective is forever altered. You do things to protect and insulate sure. Being a victin does not equate to being a fool. Your senses are honed to be sharper and you view your surroundings in a more detail specific focussed manner. I have wondered why anyone who is supposedly sensitive to the allegation of domestic violence would CHOOSE to be so hateful and on the attack here? That is so contradictory. It just sends up a HUGE RED FLAG, doesn't it?

Kilmerfan

Dear Mel,

Posted at 8:45 AM on Aug 17, 2010 by My two cents ;)

It seems the only people Insane Clown Posse beat up are women. Oy Vey! My 5 month old kitten could beat them up. Use your two cents and spend it at grammar/spelling school.