Mel Gibson, Oksana Grigorieva -- Package Deal

8/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the L.A. County District Attorney will treat the Mel Gibson domestic violence investigation and the Oksana Grigorieva extortion probe as a "package deal."

0726_mel_oksana_getty_ex
Our sources say the D.A. will make filing decisions on both investigations at the same time.  And, we've learned the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is still a ways away from sending the extortion case over to the D.A.

Bottom line -- don't expect to know whether Mel and Oksana will be prosecuted for a while.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Tellthetruth59

@Shell and WhoKnows - that is really kind of both of you to say. I don't consider myself a very good writer or typist so I'm rather surprised - but thank you.

Sorntolc

@Sweetheart

I am far from as enlightened as you & will not bother to ask for the sources to your insights. I hope you forgive me being just an "ugly pimples full lying old monsters".

Perhaps you can reveal too, that Mel "never-had-a-sexual-relationship-to-that-woman" & that he just was walking with her hand in hand for business? That would suck!

He was SO kind, I suppose, ONLY from his golden heart, to take care of Oxa's promotion, without loosing control, all the time still loyal to his family.

People make mistakes, I have made some myself. Will not bother to judge this case, only trying to be fair towards both sides of the conflict.

You leak a lot of allegations towards Oxa, perhaps you should better keep some of these visions in private, until you have evidence to share.

fuddyduddy

"She wants to strip all of Mel's custody rights to Lucia, and the opposing camps are scheduled to square off before a judge again on Wednesday."

That's from ROL. OG is set to subpeona Robyn. I have said many times before and posted that OG has been trying to play the DV card to gain full custody.

Genna

Good morning Truth, Fuddy, Shell…

I wanted to share this with you:

My cousin and her husband stopped by for a couple of ****tails last evening. My cousin is a social worker that has worked with DV victims for years. Inevitably, the conversation turned to the Gibson/Grigorieva affair, and eventually to OG’s assertions on what happened during the night of Feb 18th. My cousin explained that there are a number of reasons why incidents of DV go unreported: The most common is that the victim hopes that “things will get better”; that the abuser is a damaged human being that can be “fixed,” in time; or they are in fear of reprisals. She added that the victim can also be made to feel that they are to blame for the abuser’s actions. She also said that the smaller percentage of women who do not report DV drops significantly when they are fear for their lives and the lives and safety of their children. Socio-economic conditions and backgrounds also play a role in these types of situations.

My cousin said that there are also many false accusations of domestic violence. These are usually present in divorce proceedings or similar settlement actions, and can result in the removal of the child from the accused parent’s custody or visitation. She added that the accuser often uses the Court system as a retribution or revenge tool, or as a means to secure financial gain.

Given what we do know, my cousin said that she was suspicious of OG’s actions on the night of Feb 18th. She felt that given OG’s assertions that she was in immediate fear for her life and the life and safety of her child, simply making a secret recording without Gibson’s knowledge as her “only protection from harm” was problematic. As my cousin stated, “Tapes do little to protect a woman and her children when they are lying dead on the floor, or on a gurney headed for the emergency room/OR.” She didn’t excuse Gibson’s language for a moment, and discussed possible bipolar reactions under stress, therapy, medication, etc. Given her experience in these matters, she feels that there is a strong possibility that:

1. OG had intimate knowledge of the characteristics of Mel’s bipolar condition;

2. Immediate fear of losing her life and/ or the life of her child was not the controlling dynamic in making the recordings;

3. The tapes would give OG some leverage in case something happened to threaten her financial security in the future.
She also referred to OG’s failure to report Mel’s actions to the authorities during and subsequent to the Feb 18th episode, as well as the May mediation, as contributing factors to her opinion.

Sorry for the long post, people…

WhoKnows

Posted at 6:15 AM on Aug 18, 2010 by fuddyduddy
_________________________________________________

Something jumped out at me when I read this. In my state, if there is 50/50 joint custody, nobody gets child support. Don't know the laws of California, but it would be a hoot if Mel didn't even have to pay child support.

Squeaky Shoes

she only wants full custody so she can get more money.... this is the whole issue.

this liar just can't stop.

fuddyduddy

No backing out of the criminal case. Full steam ahead! lol

Posted at 4:28 AM on Aug 18, 2010 by Shell
________________________

I don't think Mel would back out of any potential litigation now. And there won't be a settlement of any kind for that money hungry whore. Wants to strip Mel of all his custody rights to Lucia, but she damn sure wants his money. He is good enough for that, isn't he.

Squeaky Shoes

my parents hated eachother before and after their divorce, but they had joint custody, i saw my dad every other weekend. my dad only had to pay child support and not spousal support cuz my mom just fine with that.

guess that's cuz my dad wasn't famous or rich... gee, i wonder what ole oxy's after

WhoKnows

Genna, thank you for that fabulous post! It's what we've been saying all along. Now let's see the Oxy camp answer that. Let me get the popcorn for this.

fuddyduddy

Good morning, Shell, Genna, Truth, WhoKnows...sorry if I missed anyone. Top o' the morn to all...

Charlie

stop with the Mel Gibson stuff already....Its played out. Who really cares anymore about those two morons.

Tellthetruth59

@Genna - thanks! Interesting post given your cousin's background.

WhoKnows

Posted at 6:19 AM on Aug 18, 2010 by WhoKnows

Let me clarify this. If there is 50/50 joint PHYSICAL custody...where the child spends half the time at each parents' house....no child support is awarded.

WhoKnows

Posted at 6:23 AM on Aug 18, 2010 by Charlie
___________________

I do. Until a verdict is reached.

Shell

Genna - interesting post, thanks!