Photos of Dr. Frank Ryan's Fatal Crash

8/18/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained photographs of the Jeep crash on Monday that killed famed celebrity plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Ryan.

0818_frank_photo_launch_EX_03
The photographer tells TMZ he drove past the accident almost immediately after the crash. "There was still dust in the air," he said.  The photog tells us he pulled over, scaled down the cliff with other people and approached the Jeep.

The photog says Dr. Ryan was bleeding badly from two head lacerations but was still moving while trapped inside the vehicle. By the time lifeguards pulled Dr. Ryan out of the Jeep, however, there were no signs of life. "He was non-responsive and not breathing," the photog says.

The photographer helped bring the spine board down the hill and then helped lift Dr. Ryan onto it, to no avail.

And the photog says, it appeared the lacerations were the result of the Jeep having no real cover on the top ... causing Dr. Ryan to strike the rocks on the way down.

Lisa D.

You post these pics - but not the 911 call from Artie Lange? I guess Howard did nt pay you not to post these! HIPOCRITES!

Nona

I would say that most of you are IDIOTS! There is no comparison between a smart and brilliant doctor and a bunch of losers, who are eager to post their stupid comments. He had an education, and I am quite sure you guys don't. Jesus!

Sophia Nadine

These comments really reflect why there is no love on the planet. I mean, seriously? a person dies and those are your responses? If you should die--however you should go--and I read or heard about it, I would only hope you got to experience joy while alive and send your soul a blessing. I can only imagine what lives you live. I would guess you feel lonely and sad and angry, a lot. Next time you wonder why people are such *******s, take a look a your own message.

CALIFORNIA

WOW YOU REALLY SHOWED YOUR RESPECT FOR THE DYING MAN.HEY KARMA IS OUT THERE,AND YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK AND FRONT BECAUSE YOU A**HOLES ARE NEVER PAYING ATTENTION IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR PHOTOS.

Cardinal Ximenez

Where's the public outcry to ban the use of Jeeps? Isn't that how we do things here?

Debbie

I was a friend of Dr.Frank Ryan's and he was such a lovely person! I am very disturbed and bothered by the fact that anyone could make such horrible comments about anyone's death. Instead of focusing on the surgeries that Frank did on celebrities, why not focus on all of the wonderful things he did for kids in trouble and how he took care of his mom. As far as the TMZ photos are concerned, I am very disappointed that they would post these for everyone to see. I am sad to see that TMZ and any other media outlet would chose to show photos of this or any other fatal crash scene. I am shocked that this is what entertains people in our society now! What happened to respecting peoples privacy. My heart goes out to Frank's family. He will be missed by us all who knew him. Debbie

VEL

I FEEL BAD FOR HIS FAMILY, THIS IS SUCH A TRAGEDY!!

Anon E Mouse

Pretty tasteless TMZ, pretty tasteles...

Lisa

I am beyond disgusted and disturbed that someone A:took these photos, and that B: you heartlessly posted them. What is wrong with you people? This is simply just disturbing...You think this is respectful of the people mourning his death? I am appauled.

gd45

Why does this happen to people like this and not pedophile's like PEREZ HILTON..... the world just isn't fair.

Also people enough, the dog survived and will recover however this poor man didn't and it'll probably take years for his family to recover if they ever do so please go start a forum about the dog or something and let these comments be about paying respects to the late great Dr. Frank Ryan.

Klipper

This site is becoming ridiculously stupid. First you guys go WAY overboard reporting on that drama queen Jet Blue guy that has no business being on a celebrity news site. Dumbest story of the year. Now you're reporting on some guy that just knew celebrities and died. Who gives a f*ck about either of them?

mike

see seat belts can kill ya. when your times up it's up.

JimmyB

What's amazing is that it's still legal to text while driving in most states. ...Guess you gotta have a law to cover every STUPID thing someone might do.

emtb

The photo's are disturbing, while he might not have been hitting the send button, he was obviously someone who needed constant attention and was screwing with his phone while driving.

Usually the photo's at accident scenes where we suspect "phone involvement" are of the people who we believe are victims of texting drivers.

I assure you theres nothing worse than having to listen & care for the cause of the deaths before you can provide the innocent victims with the dignity of a sheet to cover them as pieces of them lay strewn along the road.

I don't care if he just got done saving gang-puppy-celebs two minutes earlier. You have no right to endanger others on the road for any reason, least of all your vanity and need for attention.

di

He struck me as a nice & cool guy when I saw him on this show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6qKaBlTRo. Too sad.