Sharon Murphy -- 'Disturbed' by Simon's Bed Report

8/18/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sharon Murphy is lashing out at the L.A. County Coroner's report on Simon Monjack's death -- especially the part that references her sharing a bed with Simon.

0818_sharon_murphy_simon_monjack_EX_getty
TMZ broke the story ... according to the final report an investigator walked through Simon's bedroom with a woman who identified one side of Simon's bed as "her side of the bed." The woman's name was withheld from the report, but law enforcement sources have identified her as Brittany Murphy's mom Sharon.

In a statement, Sharon says, "I am very disturbed that the L.A. Coroners [sic] office continues to release things to the media that are misleading."

She continues, "The TMZ story with it's [sic] salacious headline suggesting that my prescious [sic] son-in-law Simon and I slept in bed together, infering [sic] sexual contact is journalism at its lowest." Sharon also denies there were medications in the house prescribed to a "Sharon Monjack," as the Coroner's report states.

A Coroner's Office spokesperson tells us, "Our report speaks for itself."

chavez78

Did anyone catch Sharon and Simon on Larry King (it's been a long time ago), talking to Larry about the death of Brittany? It was supercreepy they way they were interacting with each other. I am not jumping to the conclusion that the two slept together, but it seemed as though they were really clinging to each other, maybe just delusional with grief. Simon called Sharon "Baby" more than once during the airing. Their relationship was unconventional, to say the least.

JLS

I agree with Sharon. While TMZ clearly didn't state she was having sex with Simon the inference was there. Damaging? MOST definitely. People that typically read these type websites jump to conclusions with little to no provocation in the first place. When I saw just the headline it made me cringe. Simon isn't even here to comment any longer. Even if Sharon doesn't lawyer up, it was really low of TMZ to post that headline. It's not typical of TMZ to do such a thing either.

mocha2009

The article doesn't say she said "her side of the bed". The article says she pointed and REFERRED to it as being "her side of the bed". BIG difference.

I agree with others; she really didn't offer any denials??

Squeaky Shoes

grief does the strangest things to even the most normal people... i believe it's possible simon latched on to sharon after brit's death b/c she was her mom...

also... they both died of pneumonia... explain to me how that looks fishy? how do you initiate that kind of illness to murder someone with it... you don't.

i still stick my theory on the scripts... look at linsday, and corey, and the HOST od celebs using every fake name they can get their hands on to get pills...

sharon probably let her use it.

the thing i don't like about that woman is how she couldn't just let them die in peace, she interfered and delayed and covered up... she'd quite a sad creature, but i'm still not sure i believe either of these things about the story here

noneofyourbusiness

Yeah-I'm going on the theory that she meant it was Brittney's side of the bed. But I do feel really sad for her. Loosing a child has just got to be the WORST thing to happen to any parent. I'm sure she was only clinging to Simon for moral support. I'm hoping I will never understand what she was/is going through. Very traumatic.

Squeaky Shoes

on an unrealted note... do ANY of these morons who insist of posting their ads on threads EVER get business?

i would boycott it for just that reason

dee

You people have dirty minds. Give them a break. They both just lost someone they loved and wanted to be near someone who understood.

kelly_7474

This is way toio bizarre.... way tooo bizarre

txcn

'For the record, our story made it clear the Coroner's report did not suggest sexual contact between Sharon and Simon."

The Corner's office didn't suggest it but you implied it by printing a piece of trash story that didn't deserve a pixel. You have managed to sink yourself to the level of all gossip rags. Anything for a story no matter what, the more sensational the better. And on top of that you use dead people and exploit the grief of others. This woman has lost her daughter and her son-in law in the course of year. Creepy that she calls her son in law precious. He probably was precious to her, it was her tie to the daughter thats gone. Keeps the memory of her alive. A reminder she was. I tend to think my daughters and their families are precious. Should something happen to them, it is not going to make their families less precious. Their children, their husbands will remain precious, even though I may not necessarily like them that much. But they are the essence of what my children were. And just because I may call them precious sure as hell doesn't mean I am going to sleep with them. Those that get on the bandwagon and degrade this woman who has lost so much what can one say. Your day is coming, its pretty well guaranteed we will all suffer a loss one day. May some jackass investigator open his mouth and start innuendos about you.

There are laws about confidentiality in hospitals. Maybe it's time they were extended to those who deal with the dead. Investigators that yap to rags belong in the unemployment or welfare line. As should coroners that chop and yap to rags and appear on TV.

kim

i knew somthing was up with these two. i think he was a professional con man, and when he lost his meal ticket he needed a quick replacement, being left out of the wifes will and all.

ralph

It was wrong of her to take advantage of a grieving widower like that.

Firefly

I knew she was sleeping with him. When she said they were going to move to New York together after Britney died. Catcha!!!

How can you trust a woman that lies about the prescription in her name. If she lies about one thing how can we trust what she says about anything else.

tmz's bad day

Hasn't this woman been through enough? TMZ at it's lowest reporting **** that is most likely wrong and worded just for press.

ROGER

PEOPLE READ SHE NEVER SLEPT IN HIS BED READ OR DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ

tmz's bad day

anyone not seeing that maybe it was taken out of context when she said "her side of the bed" meaning her late daughter's side of the bed that SHE shared with him before she died. this is disgusting to even be printing anything about this woman other than prayers for her TWO losses.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments