Sharon Murphy -- 'Disturbed' by Simon's Bed Report

8/18/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sharon Murphy is lashing out at the L.A. County Coroner's report on Simon Monjack's death -- especially the part that references her sharing a bed with Simon.

0818_sharon_murphy_simon_monjack_EX_getty
TMZ broke the story ... according to the final report an investigator walked through Simon's bedroom with a woman who identified one side of Simon's bed as "her side of the bed." The woman's name was withheld from the report, but law enforcement sources have identified her as Brittany Murphy's mom Sharon.

In a statement, Sharon says, "I am very disturbed that the L.A. Coroners [sic] office continues to release things to the media that are misleading."

She continues, "The TMZ story with it's [sic] salacious headline suggesting that my prescious [sic] son-in-law Simon and I slept in bed together, infering [sic] sexual contact is journalism at its lowest." Sharon also denies there were medications in the house prescribed to a "Sharon Monjack," as the Coroner's report states.

For the record, our story made it clear the Coroner's report did not suggest sexual contact between Sharon and Simon.

A Coroner's Office spokesperson tells us, "Our report speaks for itself."

Mrs Butters

I could tell they were shtupping just by watching their interaction during the Larry King interview

Karen

Am I the only person on the earth that thinks that Sharon had something to do with both deaths? It is just a little TOO coincidental that 2 out of 3 people that lived in the house are dead. If there is a 'mold' problem in the house, why is Sharon still alive? The mold has the ability to kill 2 younger people but not her??? Interesting.... Something just does not add up.

bob

Old Women...

They Don't Tell

They Don't Swell

They're are grateful as Hell!

woofman

The headline does imply they were sleeping together
which implies sexual contact and you all know exactly
what you were doing. I'm just saying....

db

I question the fact that Mom was always with them and that she
did not have the same mold caused illness that both daughter and son inlaw died from. Is MOM on his will too?

carole

Just maybe there is a REASONABLE EXPLANATION!!!

dd

Her daughters been dead long enough for her not to refer to a side of the bed as "hers" meaning her daughter. The coroner is not stupid he knew exactly what she meant, I'm sure he clarified the statement before writing it down.

Jesse

It was CLEAR 10000% from the coroner's report that Sharon said "my side of the bed".....

The coroner isn't going to put in a report that the woman declared it was my side of the bed; instead, the coroner is going to say that the "woman" (being Sharon) referred to her side of the bed.

It's simple English.

dd

@53 Thank you Jessie.

Sad sad

I wonder what Linda Monjack thinks of all this.

NoName

OMG! Leave her alone! She's suffered a terrible loss. The media is sick to report such a horrible story. TMZ - Don't you have any self respect??

me

Yea, I think its bad also. This woman has gone through hell.
Her and her daughter were very close and had a very loving relationship. She was very distraught over her daughter. As reported she cannot walk well from some illness so if she sleeps in a downstairs room is probably for her health.

I really feel for her. I hope she moves out of there, and gets closer with her family or people that she trusts.

I don't know what else to say..

ó|ó

why was she living with them in the first place? and why continue living with him after his wife died? where is HIS family? i still believe this is smelling fishy, - her daughter dies so mom can take over the husband totally, but that didn't satisfy her as she thought it would, so he has to go to, what a tragic disaster that weird family ended up in, even if it's innocent mold that killed them, the weirdness remains - what are they reclusive? have they no idea they have to go see a doctor when they are sick? why are they so tightly bonded and cut off from other family and friends, i'm talking about when brittany still lived, and also after her death, they were weirdly closed off from people, and another death the exact same way happens, who is killing who here? this is all super weird

ó|ó

again, who is that other ' me '?????

Hime

If she meant it was Brittany's side of the bed, then she would have said so in the quote she issued today. It would have also been specified the report. She didn't get quoted saying "it's her side of the bed", the report said that the person they were with told them it was her side of the bed. Quote or no quote makes a difference in the meaning.

Regardless of all debate, she would have clarified that if that were the case. The fact that she says it implies sexual contact when the report states there appeared to be none, but didn't say anything about the actual bed, means what it means.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments