Dr. Frank Ryan's Final Journey

8/20/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Frank Ryan -- plastic surgeon to the stars -- will be laid to rest in Toledo, Ohio ... where he was born and raised.

Dr. Frank Ryan Plastic Surgeon

Sources close to the family tell us the doctor's remains will stay in Malibu for the next couple of days for a private memorial service for the doc's closest friends. Sometime after the service, Dr. Ryan's remains will be transported back to Ohio, where he will be laid to rest.

As we previously reported, Dr. Ryan -- the guy who worked on Heidi Montag -- was killed this past Monday when his Jeep veered off of Pacific Coast Highway and rolled down an embankment.

scott

Frank, R.I.P. -- I really don't know if you were texting, or not, although personally i don't think you were. But either way, you were a wonderful man, always put a smile on my face, and i'm proud to call you a friend.
I'm sorry for the crude comments by some of these people, but you were way above them -- even though you never acted like you were while here...Scott J.

TorontoWoman

Why do people keeps saying that he was tweeting and driving? According to all news reports, including TMZ, the accident happened at 4:30 pm. His last tweet was posted at 4:10 pm. That's a 20 minute difference! Why are some morons jumping to conclusions? Why?

South Beach

The fact that there is such a large group of allegedly semi-intelligent people out there who don't get the concept of LOOKING OUT THE WINDOWS and NOT AT A KEYBOARD when DRIVING says more about the downfall of the human race than much of anything else in recent history.

RUP

Janice ****inson was on Larry King and said that her good friend - Dr Ryan- texted all day. The only time he did not text was when he was in the operating room. His supposed exgirlfriend Charmain, said the same thing. However, even if he was not texting, let this be a wakeup call to all, that texting or being on the phone while driving, makes no sense and can be deadly. I don't know the doctor, but I work for a group of surgeons and since this accident, every time I send them a text, I start my sentence with - IF YOU ARE DRIVING, DO NOT READ OR ANSWER ME. Maybe we should all add that to our messages.
For his family and friends, don't worry about defending his honor to people who don't know him. God knows his character and that's all that matters. You can't change the impression people get when such a terrible thing happens. A lot of people
react that way because an accident like this, to a prominent person, makes us all feel so vulnerable. But you know him and be comforted in your knowledge that he was a kind, caring and empathetic person who you loved and I am sure, he loved you. May you be comforted in your grief and may you comfort his mom who must be grieving beyond belief. God Bless you Dr. Ryan

RUP

Janice ****inson was on Larry King the other night and said that her good friend - Dr Ryan - texted all day. She said the only time he didn't, was when he was in the operating room. And his supposed exgirlfriend Charmain, said the same thing. However, even if he was not texting, let this be a wakeup call to all. To text and drive or be on the phone and drive, makes no sense and can be deadly. I don't know the Doctor, but I work for a group of surgeons, and yesterday, each time I sent them a text, I started my sentence with - IF YOU ARE DRIVING, DO NOT ANSWER ME. Maybe we all need to add that to our messages. For his friends and family, don't worry about defending his honor. God know his character and that's all that matters. You can't change the impression people get when such a terrible thing happens. Most of the time people react that way because an accident like this makes us all feel so vulnerable. But you know him and be comforted in your knowledge that he was a kind, caring and empathetic person who you loved and I am sure he loved you. May you be comforted in your time of grief. And may you comfort him mom who must be grieving beyond belief. God Bless you Dr Ryan.

Debbie Parker

Some of you people are mentally sick writing all this bull ex: letting the seagulls eat him, cell phone in casket, another appointment for Heidi. I hope you people go off a cliff. The world would be a better place.___, A good man lost his life and you sick people who never accomplished anything, sit back and make rude comments about a man who gave himself to the community. GET A LIFE!!! He did more in his short life than you ever will.

Miimi

Yes, the idiot should be displayed in a open-casket style memorial but use the crashed Jeep instead. Also include a cell phone identical that the was using to Tweet .... what I heard were pics of his dog. Dr. Ryan simply felt he was better than us normal people. Personally, driving down the PCH can be tricky & I wouldn't distract myself. Can we get this on a No Texting While Driving billboard done on Hollywood Blvd. or Rodeo Dr? I do feel sad for his wife & children & my heart gors out to them.

TorontoWoman

Mark:

No, I am not silly. I have followed this story and have not read anywhere that the cops say they found a phone in mid-text. Please provide a link to where you got this info. All I have EVER read is people saying he died when he tweeted that pic of his dog.....which was posted well before the accident. And just because Janice ****inson says he was a frequent Tweeter/Texted doesn't prove anything. I think it's likely that his dog being loose in the Jeep is just as likely a cause of the accident....

MYOB

Karma

cam

How many more life's are we going to loose because of TEXTING and DRIVING. I hope the governor of California take note to this accident and change the law.

jann

FYI all you morons out there: It has not been established that Frank Ryan was on the phone at all! This whole thing was started by his so call ex girlfriend and the plastic model on the Larry King Show. The photo of the dog was taken considerably earlier from the TOP of the dune! He had to walk down the dune to get to the Jeep. He was wearing his seatbelt. The Highway Patrol was unable to establish that texting was the reason for the accident! Too bad you don't hear about that in the media. Frank Ryan was not the poster boy for bad decisions as you are making him out to be!!!

mrspatrickcampbell

We understand Mary was *********d right before getting into her jeep for the last time, so she died happy!

mandy

Those of you with nasty comments should be ASHAMED!! yes he was a down to earth guy to the person who left that comment...I guess you never knew about the tattoo removal program that he started for FREE for former drug dealers and gang memebers and with no publicity i might add...or the many charity events he held at his ranch The Bony Pony...or that he hosted groups of underpriviledged girls to come to his ranch and gave them full access to ride the horses,pet the goats and chickens,see the buffalo and the ostrich that was there...and YES! i personally saw him very happy to have them there as they learned to dance...he PAID to have a choregrapher come into teach.Just a little F.Y.I.

Ben

I seen 36 had posted about the Jeep death wobble, a friend of mine mentioned they had the same problem. I think this is something that shouldn't be dismissed. Jeep doesn't even think this problem exists. I have been in my friends Jeep when this has happened, it's very scary. Has anyone looked into the fact that THIS MAY have been the cause of this accident?

sue sue

If he was such a intelligent man then why was he txting what a shame and a sad way to go so senseless it could have been prevented hopefully his death will become a public service announcement to educate the world I feel sorry for his kids hopefully they will learn from his mistakes sometimes greeeeeeeed catches up with you when you least expect it

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments