The Situation Makes More Money Than He Should

8/23/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In news that is sure to make you re-evaluate all your life choices -- The Situation is estimated to make more than $5 million in 2010, this according to the Hollywood Reporter.

0823_The_Situation_Pile_of_money
The Sitch takes in roughly $60,000 an episode -- after bonus incentives, a source tells HR. Dude is also expected to rake in $1 million this year in appearance fees.

And there's more -- Situation is also getting paid for "developing" several products -- including an ab-centric workout video and a line of chewable supplements.

The HR also claims Sitch scored a six-figure deal to promote a line of vodka -- plus he'll get partial ownership in the company. He's also released a rap song on iTunes and has signed endorsement deals with Vitamin Water, Reebok and a clothing company.

And get this -- The Situation got a six-figure advance on his autobiography. The book on tape will probably be fascinating.

BEE

I an with # 5.....and the only other thing is WHY?? Why do we glorify such stupid behavior?? I would not be happy to see my kid on tv banging every girl and drinking and fighting...how lovely. Your parents and family must think that's just lovely!! Ooooh wait for 5 million they will just turn their head and be oblivious to it!!

dd

Yes Rusty I said Bravo, apparently other people agree he made the best out of the opportunity. I am sure you would have no way of knowing how to do that...I'm sorry you are too mentally challenged to figure it out.

KAM

He's making all this money...for what???? This has to be the dumbest show....people get a life!

Brattus Rattus

The amount of money we pay most "celebrities" is disgusting. From the pro sports players to the reality stars. DISGUSTING.

IMHO I bet all of their parents are ashamed of them but love the money and the publicity.

JS has MAYBE one more season in them and we'll soon see them on TM's "'Memba Them?" side bars.

Brattus Rattus

The amount of money we pay most "celebrities" is disgusting. From the pro sports players to the reality starts. DISGUSTING.

I watch JS for the pop culture aspect of it. The show is what it is. I don't like it because the women all have little or no self esteem and the men all add to it. Calling women "landmines, grenades and tanks" in regards to their bodies. Considering The Situation's face looks like he's 45, he has no room to talk about anyone. I just hate that young people are watching this and thinking it's ok to treat others like this.

IMHO I bet all of their parents are ashamed with them but love the money and the publicity.

Brattus Rattus

Slimpossible

Great for him, Awesome Mike keep up the good work!!!!!

-Mission Slimpossible-
-Money Hungry VH1-

SITERBUN

TO ALL THE PANSIES AND PATRIOTICS IN HERE:

WE WOULDN'T NEED AN ARMY IF MEN HAD UNITED AND DIDN'T LET WOMEN TAKE OVER THE WORLD. THAT WAY WE COULD JUST USE A-BOMBS! BUT YOU SISSYS LISTENED TO WOMEN WHEN THEY SAID, "THAT'S NOT RIGHT! THAT'S MEAN," ETC. SO NOW NO MORE CAN BE USED. NOW IT'S GUYS LIKE JAMES WHO HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR $20,000 A YEAR.

SHOULD'VE KEPT THIS WORLD AS YOURS, DUMB@SSES. NOW YOU LET WOMEN TELL YOU, "WHAT'S MINE IS MINE, WHAT'S YOURS IS MINE." NOW YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT A TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS.

SITERBUN

@rusty

MY NAME IS SITERBUN.

SITERBUN

@rusty

MY NAME IS SITERBUN.

Throwback kid

Maybe he can afford a nose job? that is one big nose on this uneducated, untalented young man

linusik

are you f*cking kidding me?

that guy

Here's my two cents. Good for him....he found a way to be a jackass and get paid for it. If someone came to any of you with an offer like this to be a total douche on TV you would all jump for it and don't even say you wouldn't. I think the guy is a total joke but he knows money. He even owns the rights to "The Situation" and "GTL". We as a society have come to feed on drama like this...hence every other show is a suck *** reality show. If we are going to "hate" on him for this lets start hating on the real money makers...pro athletes. Guys making waaayyyyyyy more than this tool and are way more f'd up than him. Drugs, guns, rape, animal abuse, domestic violence yet we all watch the games year round, spend hundreds, thousands, millions of dollars on merch and tickets. I could go on and on but who cares really hahaha.

In closing I say kudos to "The Situation", getting paid to do what he does best....look and sound like a jackass

SurfingEagle

To the guy that made 130,000 this year and told the military guy to get an education, you do realize that if you maintain your current salary, as well as the job itself, that it will take you about 39 years to gross the 5 mil that this guy is making in one year. Fifty percent, at least, of that will go to pay fed, state and local taxes. The national debt is what 12 trillion right now. By the time you're half way through your 39 years, it'll be double or triple that easily. We'll all be paying 90% to the government to pay that stuff back.

I have engineering degree myself, but so much for a good education. Just how much education does the Situation up there have. I'll bet he graduated from freaking Harvard... LOL.

mozilla

Dear #5,
It is a damn shame that this piece of s--t gets $ for nothing. Though you may not have the money, you have our thanks and gratitude for serving your country and defending it's honor. These A holes embaress me.......Sad state of affairs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments