« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Divorce Finalized

8/23/2010 3:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's finally over -- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren have officially finalized their divorce ... TMZ has confirmed.

0823-tiger-elin-getty-bn-1
Tiger and Elin were both present at Bay County Circuit Court in Panama City, Florida earlier today for the execution of their divorce agreement ... this according to court officials.

The divorce docs do not reveal details about the split -- and the terms of the settlement were not disclosed.  But as TMZ first reported, Elin is set to receive $100 million from Tiger.

Elin's lawyers released the following statement on behalf of the couple: "We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future."

The statement continues, "While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us."

"Once we came to the decision that our marriage was at an end, the primary focus of our amicable discussions has been to ensure their future well-being. The weeks and months ahead will not be easy for them as we adjust to a new family situation, which is why our privacy must be a principal concern."

0823_tiger_apology_vide0

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

twilightmom

Most women don't divorce their husbands the first time they find out he was cheating ... interesting how on the first chance she got out she took it. Despite having kids with him I suspect she really didn't love him all that much.
Posted at 11 :36 AM on Aug 23 , 2010 by Mike

Ummm Mike....are u just now reading the story for tHe first time? Like maybe what came out the day after Thanksgiving and Tiger's joy ride in the Escalade? U would have to be only hearing about this for the first time to make a statement like that.
One, two, maaaaaybeee three indiscretions....maybe she could have forgiven him IF he was truthful and sincere that it would never happen again. But, when they came crawling out of the woodwork like a bunch of c o c kroaches, well...don't u think that's just a little Tooooo much Mike?

BOBBY

another golddigger hit a jackpot

jo

@Tigsdamann...there were many reports going around with the figuures 121 women he had cheated with and number 121 was supposedly his Florida neighbour's YOUNG daughter who later confirmed her involvement with him. Only Tiger knows for sure but considering the number of women there were in just one year it's feasible to have it reach over 120 over a span of a few years. Dont kill the messenger.

john

pay to play ....sorry tigger

TigsDaMann

jo,

Not shooting the messenger. I really couldn't care if it's 12, 120 or 12,000. Im sure that Tiger could have picked whatever number he wanted and notched up that many "hostesses".

I have followed the story fairly closely and have never heard a number anywhere near the 120 level. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong just that I don't know and I don't believe Rhonda has any clue either.

As for your statement.. when you say YOUNG (emphasis YOURS) are you saying young as in underage? Because THAT would be a problem (problem as in CRIMINAL for Tiger not just civil) and something you should not bandy about lightly. If you mean YOUNG as in 18, 19, 20, in that range then so what?

Exilecabi

Gee, what a worthwhile story. I'll be telling my grandchildren about what I was doing when I heard that Tiger Woods' divorce was finalized.

FLO

HE IS A HYPOCRITE AND THE ONLY THING HE IS SAD ABOUT IS HOW HE TARNISHED HIS OWN IMAGE.

MikeP

Well, close enough, right?

I still love her and we need to be married!
She can help pay for my geography lessons

Sabinal

I personally think that it is racist. Tiger could never be himself. Since he was black, whites relied on him to be the Good Negro and they falsely raised him up to be sinless. When he turned out to be rather human, noticed how quickly people wanted to crucify him and destroy his character.

Did he deserve to get a beat down from Elin? Heck yea. Was what he did wrong? you betcha. But the hatred of Tiger is dangerously unbalanced. Charlie Sheen cheated on both of his wives, used prostitutes and drugs, YET his career is untarnished. Why is Tiger's? Because he is no longer the safe black man and people hate him for that.

ps - this is coming from a black woman with a white fiancee

sounder

All the roadblocks are clear for the eventual Tiger Woods and Kim Kardashian coupling.

Sherwood Boyer

I am 87 years old and I'm tell Tiger Woods he is a lucky man. Nothing, and I do mean nothing in his married life to Elin could ever be the same. I predict they will be friends but nothing more. And its too bad for Tiger as a Pro golfer. I'm afaid he will never be the outstanding golfer that he was. Make me wrong Tiger!

will the thrill

Elin Nordegren is definitely NOT $100 million *****!!Not sure i would even pay $1 million for that *****!Poor Tiger.He could've hired me as his pimp for a measly $50,000 a year.I could've screened all those broads for him.Minimum requirements:NATURAL 36DD tits,25 inch waist & 38 inch ass or else you're wasting Tiger's time.Now that Tiger can finally find another broad or broads to pleasure him "around the world" he will finally be able to get his ****tered golf game back to #1 once again!Ho's FOREVER,nanny's(Elin)NEVER!!

truth

TIGER JUST GO BUY SOME MORE OF THEM HOES.. YOU STILL THE MAN NOW YOU HAVE NO BAGGAGE TO STOP YOU FROM PROWLING..DO ME A FAVOR PICK SOME DIME PIECES THIS TIME.

Marsha

Another sad day for Tiger, losing his wife Elin. I have hoped that they could work it out. Love is forgiveness. I guess Elin didn't love him enough.

janet

Amicable...who are they kidding. Elin was always a class act.

She kept her mouth shut and let her lawyers handle it. It's over and Elin good for you.