« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger and Elin -- The Silent Treatment

8/23/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that although Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren came together to finalize their divorce this morning there wasn't so much as a "hello" uttered between them.

0630_exclusive_elin_tiger_EX_getty
Sources at the courthouse in Panama City, FL tell us Tiger and Elin were definitely in the same room at the same time, but they did not speak to each other at all.

We're told they kept their distance, choosing instead to stand with their lawyers -- meaning Elin was not lonely ... she had 8 attorneys present.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nisha

I don't blame her for not talking to him after what he did to her! He might be a good golf player, but what a lousy husband!!
I'm glad she's taking her maiden name back also. How embarrassing to be associated with him now.

Paige

Haha to Tiger, he deserves it. MOREOVER, see this girl I saw on youtube, I really liked her: narysinging

Alston

she was a groupie and not all that attractive

Butterfly

I BELIEVE THERE IS MUCH MORE TO THIS STORY THAN MEETS THE EYE, IN TIGER'S FAVOR. Yes, he made shameful mistakes and she deserves a generous alimony but, handing over hundreds of millions of dollars to someone who did not contribute a single penny to the marriage is quite over the top. He has been taken excessively to the cleaners. Elin knew how to successfully play the game from the very beginning and it payed off. She sat back and enjoyed the public doing the bidding for her. Very clever! I expect some nasty backtalk from some of you but, if you think about it, rationally, you just might agree.

solar panel

@Butterfly: I suspect there's lots more to this story and all of it in Elin's favor, or more particularly, against Tiger.

Tiger pressures people to keep things secret. If he doesn't want Rachel or Elin or others talking now, after all the information already out, what's remaining must be disgusting to an extreme degree.

What's next, something for the FBI to manage?

whateverpeeps

@ 11
"Elin, you're such a pretty intelligent woman and seem to have a good head on your shoulders so how can you actually not have known about Tigers problems?"

Elin is Swedish. Different country, different culture. European athletes don't live the same party lifestyle as those in US do. She wouldn't have known what she was getting into.

Besides, men like Tiger are good at manipulating women. It's not unheard of that a woman has doubts about a man, he convinces her otherwise, and then later she winds up regretting it. She may be gullible, but that's not really her fault.

whateverpeeps

@ 36

"Yes, he made shameful mistakes and she deserves a generous alimony but, handing over hundreds of millions of dollars to someone who did not contribute a single penny to the marriage is quite over the top. He has been taken excessively to the cleaners"

Unfortunately that's not how marriage works. Marriage is a financial union. She gave him kids, her fidelity, and support. He gave her heartbreak, stress, and put her at risk of incurable illnesses.

If he, you, or anyone who thinks the way you do, have a problem with the way that marriage works, then I suggest you not get married.

PS: She only got a fraction of what she was entitled to, and an even smaller fraction of what he's worth. He threw away 10 million to simply keep one of his whore's mouth's shut. Elin got 30 million. How is that taking anyone to the cleaners?

Connie

Maybe now he can find a good woman. He deserves the best life for him and his children.

fayes

In response to Stevo, hmmm! so I guess that you were right there in the middle of their lives before, during and after their marriage? My advice to you would be, unless you can prove your suppositions, keep your opinions to a reasonable level.

Butterfly

This is for "whateverpeeps" #39. Just who died and left YOU in charge? You ran your mouth about me, whom you know nothing about. Who are YOU to suggest I NEVER get married? I don't NEED your advise. You don't know if I AM or, ever HAVE been married. Obviously, you are a person who runs her mouth before knowing the facts. The topic is not about me. It is about a couple who recently became formally, divorced. And no, according to the news, Elin did NOT receive 30 million, she was awarded 70 to 100 million. There again, you ran your mouth without checking the facts. Sorry for those close to you! This subject is closed. I will not respond from this point, forward.

Butterfly

ERROR! "Advise" should have been, "advice."

DAN WINTERS

A SHAME,HOPEFULLY TIME WILL HEAL ALL.AND WHO SAID LIFE WAS EASY? HOPEFULLY TIGER WILL HIDE HIMSELF IN GOLF AND CONTINUE TO BE THE CHAMPION HE IS,WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES AND AMERICA DOES FORGIVE.

Cindy Allen

It is extremely likely that Tiger did give Elin an STD, probably genital warts or herpes or both. He had unprotected sex throughout their marriage and she had two children with him during that time. No wonder she is not speaking to him. No amount of money can make up for that.

fran

i feel sorry for all concerned but most especially those children, i hope that tiger and elin do not let those children
get hurt anymore. from the sounds of it they are going to be working hard on keeping things right for them. because we it is all said and done, and they have there separate lives, there is and always be those 2 beautiful children.
and for elin life does on go...

Sammi

That divorce happened so quick Elin had to have known about the women. How could Tiger screw all of those women and Elin not have known. I don't feel sorry for her. I don't think she's attractive at all. She is sooooooo pale, that it's scary. Elin doesn't even look human to me. Tiger just used her as a pawn to cover up his dirty lust for low income, uneducated banged out broads. It's obvious that Elin never satisfied him in bed. Now that Elin has had kids by a BLACK man, no WHITE man will want her, except to use her. What made ELIN think that Tiger would be faithful to her...oh, because her hair is soo blonde and her eyes are blue..HA! hA. Black men are well known for messing around, even Elin's stringy straw blonde hair wasn't enough to hold Tiger down. I just wish the best for the kids, truly!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hope Elin doesn't abuse those poor black kids when she's alone and feeling worthless!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3