Woman Tosses Cat in Garbage Can (Yes, Really)

8/23/2010 6:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A woman in Coventry, England was caught by a surveillance camera petting a stray kitten ... and then tossing it in a garbage can.

Word is the cat was found 15 hours later in good shape. Let's hope they catch the crazy woman.

(Thanks to Gawker.TV for spotting this)

emerald

#46 sinD Yeah? If it had been Susan Boyle (which I know you're just bitching about) then it would have been in SCOTLAND not ENGLAND - there is a difference babe, do a bit of geography hm ass hole!!

Brian

Hey America, 4,000+ children lost their live in abortion clinics today all in the name of "choice"!!! What this lady is disgusting but let's get our priorities straight.

Parker

Dreadful person! Someone should have thrown her in the garbage can!
Special place in hell for this type person.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

You know, honestly I'm not a cat person, but this is beyond despicable. When she's caught, they should find a garbage can big enough for her to fit in (if that's even possible) and lock her in it and keep her there forever.

Why are people like this?

Nick

Cats are little demons in training.
BTW - Why are there surveillance cameras in a neighborhood?

Alecia

Thanks TMZ for the final sentence...it is great to know that you stand behind animals and against animal cruelty. Also, its great to see that so many of you who wrote comments also defend animals and despise those who harm them.

Janet

What a lunatic! Poor cat!

Vickie

jeez, that is terrible, i hate when i hear that people do that to animals!

Mary

I cannot believe the audacity of that stupid idiot!!! I have cats and it just hurts me to watch the video i wish i didn't!! that is just plain cruelty!!!

VA

Unreal. What a sick nasty beast. Spawn of the devil, I say! Can't wait for the ol' karma to catch up with the old bag. I hope the kitty is okay. Her, not so much!

Sammy

I hope she rots in hell for an eternity.

kelster

I am no fan of cats but how can someone do that to any animal?? she needs to be thrown in the can!!

Laura

UN. BE. LIEVABLE. Someone should put HER in the trash!!

Hope the media puts this "lady's" picture all over the place!

Jazlene

Actually, she thought the cat belonged to the people who owned the garbage can. Did you not see her looking around to see if the owners were around? She really didn't feel like bothering them (as she was probably in a hurry), but she put the cat in their garbage can to keep the cat from eluding or escaping it's home. I totally understand what she was trying to do. She knew the cat would land on it's feet and knew that dropping the cat would not hurt it. Yeah, if she was being malicious, she would have kicked it.

md mom