« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Elin Nordegren: I've Been Through Hell

8/25/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that the divorce is final, Elin Nordegren is speaking out about the breakdown of her marriage to Tiger Woods -- saying she's "been through hell" and had no idea her husband was stepping out on her.

0823_tiger_elin_BN_Getty_05

Elin tells PEOPLE, "I'm so embarrassed that I never suspected - not a one. For the past 3 1/2 years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."

Elin also addressed rumors she attacked Tiger with a golf club the night of his Thanksgiving crash -- saying, "There was never any violence inside or outside our home. The speculation that I would have used a golf club to hit him is just truly ridiculous."

She says she and Woods tried to work on their marriage, but "without trust and love," it didn't work.

As for their divorce settlement, Elin says "money can't buy happiness or put my family back together."

Tiger also released a statement to People, saying, “This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother. I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Nunya

BITCH PLEASE! YOU WERE A FREAKIN NANNY WHO HIT PAY DIRT WHEN YOU WERE INTRODUCED TO TIGER. IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW SOMETHING WAS GOING ON WITH YOUR HUSBAND, YOU EITHER ARE THE DUMBEST BROAD WALKING OR YOU HAS SUSPICIONS AND DIDN'T GIVE A DAM TIL IT HIT THE MEDIA. AND NOW YOU HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOUR UGLY ASS KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH. IF MONEY DOESN'T BUY HAPPINESS GIVE THAT **** BACK!

Jill Conway

If Elin is ugly, can I be ugly too? There are lots of men (and women) that are quite adept (Nunya, you'll have to look that word up)at hiding infidelity. Having suspicions and getting these liars to fess up is not as easy as one might think. I think Elin showed her intelligence by kicking this male-slut to the curb before she got every STD known to modern man. She deserves every penny she got....

Carolee

I wish much happiness to Elin in her future without that narcissistic a-hole, Tiger. He's not burning so bright right about now, is he?

Tina

Elin has handled herself with class and dignity which cannot be said for the same of most of the people reported on this site. I hope she finds the love and happiness she deserves. This is the best chance the childen have to lead a "normal" life. I wish her all the best.

Ryan

Gold Digger

Tricia

Nunya get lost f$$$$$ing idiot. You sound like a bimbo who probably slept with the pig.
Why are you so bitter towards this woman is beyond me ? She didn't cheat and she didn't disgrace Tiger and her family.
Get your facts straight please before posting your stupid ignorance.

One word for Tiger : Karma !!!

SayWhat

Elin has no reason to feel embarrassed. No woman should have to suspect that her husband is stepping out on her. If anything Tigar and his pack of skanks should be embarrassed. Its refreshing to see a woman handle herself with class and dignity.

Nunya, you sound like a bitter hateful person. Karma is a bitch and what you say will come back at you.

Kelly

So Classy. Most women would be telling anybody that would pay them $2.

Every young woman should take note of how she handles herself...especially in the public eye.

I have a feeling those children will be very accomplished in their adult lives.

Physical Graffiti

Money doesn't buy happiness - it buys choices. Good for her for dumping him. How could she ever trust him?!

Darvon

ELIN !!! I LOVE YOU !!!

Angea

Elin needs to focus on her kids. Good-bye & good riddance to the cheetah

Jacqueline13

Elin, your hell is over with. He's the whores' problem now.

Wishes

Elin is such a classy lady. Nunya, you sound so angry - do you have a hangover, or is it just jealousy???

scoobie

She was a nanny that has lots of money now. That is what she wanted from the beginning. She knew what Tiger was like when she met him. Now she is playing the classy lady. What a joke. She hasn't run to the tabloids cuz she doesn't want to lose that money and all the sympathy.

Hanging to da lef

Money can't buy happiness!? Then why the F did you take it or go after it? Worthless Bitch!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments