« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Elin Nordegren: I've Been Through Hell

8/25/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that the divorce is final, Elin Nordegren is speaking out about the breakdown of her marriage to Tiger Woods -- saying she's "been through hell" and had no idea her husband was stepping out on her.

0823_tiger_elin_BN_Getty_05

Elin tells PEOPLE, "I'm so embarrassed that I never suspected - not a one. For the past 3 1/2 years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."

Elin also addressed rumors she attacked Tiger with a golf club the night of his Thanksgiving crash -- saying, "There was never any violence inside or outside our home. The speculation that I would have used a golf club to hit him is just truly ridiculous."

She says she and Woods tried to work on their marriage, but "without trust and love," it didn't work.

As for their divorce settlement, Elin says "money can't buy happiness or put my family back together."

Tiger also released a statement to People, saying, “This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother. I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nunya

Donna

Elin and Sandra are both "CLASSY LADIES" Enough said already!

Kevin

A fair settlement of course. $100,000,000 is a lot of money but $500,000,000?? Bitch, that makes you worse than what your husband is. GOLD DIGGER!!!

carol

Good Luck. She has handled herself with dignity and class. So what she got some money - she deserves it in this case and I'm sure he think she deserve it as well. He only needs so much - what better way to spend it for him. The kids are in good hands.

tiffany

She should have been paid more! Tiger is almost a billionaire, so 100 million is nothing. I can only hope she gets paid a ton
for the care and feeding of her kids.
Nunya- U are an idiot! You sound like an uneducated fool!

fran

Elin I wish you and your children much happiness in the future. I also wish Tiger the same for him and his children with you. Now , having said that , I dont understand why you didnt realize that Tiger was having affairs. I mean if he was just having a affair with one woman I can understand, maybe not knowing...but he had numerous affairs. I am sorry Elin , but I cant believe you were unaware of this going on.I have to agree with the person who said"you knew and didnt say anything , and then got upset when it hit the press".I am not excusing Tiger, but no-one is 100% innocent as you are trying to make out you are., and were. It takes two, to make or break a marriage.

Tres

ELIN ISN'T SO CLASSY AFTERALL. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HER KEEPING HER PRIVATE LIFE PRIVATE? PLEASE. SHE NEEDS TO SHUT HER MOUTH AND LOOK AFTER HER CHILDREN. HER CHILDREN WILL RESENT HER FOR SPEAKING ILL OF THEIR FATHER.

koko

Congrats to her and she does deserve every penny she has coming. She was the half of the business that gave him that allure of perfection, it was not just the playing golf. For those that call her a "gold digger', don't be idiots, he would not have reached the fame and wealth without his beautiful, model looks Northern European wife. He was selling his whole image and she was there for the time when he made the most money. It is all hers.

And, she tried sounds like she still has feelings over the loss so she did trust him and love him. He is a total pig and a jerk! But, as someone said earlier, some men are really "adept" at cheating and keeping it hidden from every one around them. I know someone who was with the "perfect man" and NO ONE, but NO ONE even for a minute thought he was a womanizer. Lo and behold, he was cheating with several women AT ONCE! Women gets messed with all the time and the pain of betrayal takes a looong time to get over. This lady is lucky to have money, most women just end up all alone and discarded after something like that and with no way to make it right!

Kudos to her and she has a great future now that she has ridden herself of that bastard! I hope the public stops buying stuff from him until her truly redeems himself. Jerk!

nisiek

Nunya is Elin is ugly I shudder to what you think pretty is...Elin is one billion times more beautiful than all his skank ho's....bitter much??? and Uglitell, are you happy now that you tore up a family?? Yeah, you can have that piece of s h i t Tiger back...he is not worth anything to any woman now....and no woman, I don't care if she was a nanny or a heiress or the head of a corporation deserves the treatment that Tiger put Elin through...TIGER IS A GENUINE PIECE OF S H I T and no amount of money can ever fix the amount of pain he caused his wife and kids...SORRY NUNYA, YOU LOSE ON ALL COUNTS HERE...Elin NEVER deserved the embarassment and shame of all that infidelity....one affair is barely forgiveably but multiple (like 17) mistresses plus the teenage neighbor is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY UNFORGIVEABLE...TIGER YOU ARE A MONSTER AND NUNYA YOU ARE JUST AN A S S

koko

@ Nunya: "LOL GOT YOU ELIN STANS' PANTIES IN A BUNCH HUH? THE BIOTCH HAD TO KNOW TIGER WAS A PLAYBOY WHEN SHE MET HIM, IF SHE DIDN'T, SHE'S THE POSTER CHILD OF "DUMB BLONDES". SHE WENT FROM THE HIRED HELP TO THE MADAME OF THE HOUSE. TAKE TIGERS MONEY AND GO BACK TO SWEDEN & STFU!"

You are a very bitter person! Are you a woman who was cheated on, but left penniless and the other woman was a pretty blond? If so, your comment shows self hatred.

Or, are you part of Tiger's team just here trying to spread dislike of this lady? Why don't you look into why you hate this victimized woman and fix yourself. And, you write your stuff in caps, I guess to emphasize your bitterness and self hatred.

westside64

When trust is gone in a marriage you can never return to that place of peace again. Everything triggers doubt. If you are not able to live with the waves, it's time to bale. There are no winners here.

knickfan212

"Money can't buy happiness or put the family back together".You're right,but 100 million sure makes it easier.Money can't buy love but it gives you the carfare to go find it.

BallaBlocka

Hell probably feels a lot less hot, when you make off with a cool $100 million+, hahahahaha.....

Wow

I can't believe there are so many bitter, jealous women replying to this...or is it just one or two? By all accounts, Elin conducted herself with dignity and class through out the marriage and divorce. If my hubby had money, and stepped out on me like that, risking my health and our family, he'd pay dearly. Good for her, and GO ELIN! I hope your next mate appreciates you, and treats you right.

ZR

Good job, Tiger. You ruined your wife's life, and even though she can probably move on and have happiness, she never can have what she SHOULD HAVE had and what you promised her. Also, you have forever negatively altered your children's lives. GOOD JOB, HUSBAND/DAD OF THE YEAR. We can only hope you continue to see declining success and misery for the rest of your life as a lesson to yourself and others why behaving like this is not acceptable. I will hope for your ex wife that she finds someone who truly deserves a classy lady, as she remained one throughout the entirety of this situation, while you looked like a piece of trash I have no words for. I hope that she finds happiness with that someone, who will treat her, and your children, like gold- since you treated them like trash. Also, I hope she got a LOT of your money. You deserve to be broke and living in some sleezy bug infested condo with one of the skanks you enjoyed screwing so much behind your wife's back.