Joe Jackson -- Dr. Murray Held MJ Drug Intervention

8/25/2010 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson has re-filed his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray -- and now claims Dr. Murray and AEG staged an intervention with Michael Jackson one week before he died.

0825_joe_conrad_EX_TMZ_02

According to the new documents, Dr. Murray and representatives from AEG went to Michael Jackson's home on N. Carolwood Drive on June 18, 2009 -- and said they were there for a "drug intervention."

The suit claims during the meeting AEG demanded Michael "stop seeing Dr. Arnold Klein and stop taking the drugs Klein gave to him." They wanted Michael to "take only the medications being given to him by Conrad Murray."

According to the suit ... the intervention was intended to get Michael to adhere to Dr. Murray's drug regimen so he could get more sleep.  AEG thought Michael was missing rehearsals because of medications from Dr. Klein and other doctors.

The suit also alleges that in the days leading up to Michael's death it was apparent he was getting weaker and weaker, at times seeming "drugged and disoriented."

The upshot of the lawsuit -- the intervention and general concern over MJ's drug use is proof Dr. Murray had no business administering Propofol and other drugs to the singer and that Dr. Murray knew he was playing with fire.

Cathy

If AEG or Dr. Murray or Dr. Klein really cared about MJ they would have sent him to rehab
Posted at 12:57 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Marie
___________________________________________________

I'm not defending Murray or Klein or AEG by any means, but realistically, how could they just "send" Michael to rehab? Without his consent, there's no way Klein, AEG, Murray, the Jackson family, or anyone else could have forced Michael into rehab. He was a grown 50 year old adult, and unless they could prove that he was not of sound mind, there was no recourse in terms of telling him what to do. They could do intervention, but they couldn't force him into rehab.

Shae

Hmmmmmm I am not sure about any of this...So many stories and descrepancies. I do believe greed played a big part from all parties involved including the family. The family loved Michael but he kept them at a distance for a reason, what the true reason is has yet to be revealed. Some of the false stories circulating is to unreal. We may never know the full truth of Michael Jackson's death and it maybe to painful for us to digest. Who knows....Brian Oxman said one thing that seems to be true, Michael lived his life in secrecy...Some things are not the publics business...If anyone has further insight please share!!!!

Marie

if he and Lisa Marie Presley had stayed together, this would not have happened. No way would she have allowed these vultures to pull all the crap that they pulled. Personally, I think she saved his life 17 years ago, but she could not do it twice. Heartbreaking.
Posted at 1:27 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Cathy

Nanny Grace Rwamba was fired by AEG in 2009 because she would not have allowed Dr. Murray to inject MJ with propofol every night.AEG isolated MJ from his friends and family so he would not be thinking about going to rehab and postponing the 'This is it' concerts.

Shae

@99 Marie, you think it was AEG and not Tohme that fired Grace, please explain why...

Sam

I saw THIS IS IT. It was amazing. I can't imagine how MJ was able to perform when I can't do anything,if I don't sleep even 1 day. And I am much younger than him.

Marie

How can he have a wife? He gay...
He liked big, and little boys.
Posted at 2:00 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by dustin

Shut the hell up,Dustin.This is no time for joking with your stupid homophobic comments.Michael Jackson was killed or murdered(by Dr. Murray or by Dr. Tomhe Tomhe or by somebody else)and we still have no answers to what actually really happened that tragic day june 25,2009.

Siggisiss

Posted at 1:55 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Marie

Well, there are so many contradicting stories and rumours out there, so it´s hard to know where the truth is.
But I have heard that Michael himself fired her in the latter part of 2008. And it was not the first time, but normally he begged her to come back, but not the last time.
I am not sure why he fired her, but Grace Rwaramba claimed that Michael got jealous because the children - perhaps especially Blanket - were getting too attached to her.

Could be all tabloid BS. I don´t know. But I don´t think that AEG had anything to do with firing her.

Lee lee

Forgive me for reposting this from the previous thread. Just would like for people to see it, since everyone is here. It is in a sense relevant to this thread:

Lee lee - Murray wasn't a friend who could be tired of Michael's "whining and night calls", he was hired to come EVERY NIGHT or almost every night - that's exactly what he was paid for - stay the night, give the patient oxygen and propofol. Then monitor him, and help if anything went wrong, neither of which he managed to do. Every morning he went downstairs with the empty oxygen cans and brought Michael his breakfast (chef's testimony). This insane regiment was standard for six weeks.

Murray should a/ have refused to take the job b/ if he lacked ethics and took it anyway, hire an anesthasiologist and a nurse and get the right equipment. To give an potentially fatal drug and be the only thing standing between the patient and death almost certainly must go wrong at some point.

Posted at 8:43 AM on Aug 25, 2010 by aston

Hi aston

I understand that Murray was "hired" and this was why he was being paid the money he was.....but I also read that Michaels bodyguards stated that Michael and Murray were friends and Murray had treated Michaels children a few times in the past for colds etc.
From what I understand , Michael called Murray that night to say that he couldn't get to sleep , so are we just assuming that Murray was there every night automatically?? There are so many un answered questions......Yes Murray was getting paid , but that doesn't mean that he wasn't getting sick and tired of Michaels antics. I mean Joe is now saying that there was an intervention!! My gosh, this is all so surreal. Perhaps everybody ( or someone in particular) had just had enough of Michael........I'm beginning to really seriously think that $$$$$$$ are the root of all evil.

Marie

Posted at 2:01 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Shae

On CNN recently Brian Oxman showed a letter from AEG sent to Grace Rwamba in early 2009 telling her that she is fired as a nanny and that her services are not needed at MJ's new home.AEG paid her $10,000 so she would go away without a fight.I saw the letter on TV with my own eyes.

Annie-I'm-NOT-okay

I would like to know where the security videos of Michael's home disappeared to. Usually focal rooms in the house are targetted such as Michael's bedroom, bathroom, childrens' rooms, stairways, etc.

How strange that this most important evidence should go missing or just happened to not function on the day Michael was murdered.

Dear Michael, all those who love you will continue to pray for justice for you and your family.

Requiscant in pace.

Annie

Cathy

Posted at 1:51 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Shae
____________________________________________

Although there is indeed a lot of mystery concerning what was going on with Michael, I think the reason he purposely kept his family members away is pretty straightforward. I do believe family members tried to get to him - especially over the last year - but that he instructed his bodyguards to keep them away. The reason I believe he did this was two-fold. I think when family came to see him, he figured they wanted to talk about one of two things -- 1) they wanted him to agree to another Jackson 5 reunion or b) they wanted to talk to him about his dependency on prescription medication and convince him to get help. IMO, Michael did not want to face either of these issues, so he simply kept his family at bay through his employees. It's too bad he did this, because imo, he needed the love of his family at the end, and maybe just maybe they could have helped him. Yes, I'm sure they could be annoying when trying to cajole him into yet another musical reunion, but they also could have provided support and possibly talked him into getting help for the drug dependency. At least they were some of the few people who loved him for more than just his fame and wealth. We'll never know if their presence at tne end could have made a difference.

Annie-I'm-NOT-okay

53 Siggisis

Beautiful heartfelt post straight from the heart that loves Michael. Good on you! God bless you.

Annie

Marie

AEG knew MJ was doing propofol at the hand of Dr. Conrad Murray.Remember that AEG hired Dr. Murray to look over MJ during the 'This is it' concerts.I am not saying AEG directly caused MJ to die of a drug overdose but AEG knew MJ had a drug problem but only cared about the money from the concerts.AEG did not care about their client's welfare.I bet MJ complained to AEG that he was an insomniac and AEG told him to have Dr. Murray shoot him with something as long as he shows up everyday to rehearse for the concerts.

nan

well i am watching this is it right now and the guy was amazing , especially since this is only him in rehearsals.
i look at some of this footage and he seems to be very confident and enjoying himself
dont know what to believe anymore. some people say he was very upset about all the concerts. but some other people say he would say that, but was really happy so many people wanted to still see him in concert. i would imagine after all the garbage he had been put through and people trying to destroy his reputation and in turn his career, it must have been very gratifying to see he still was loved by so many,even if the press was waiting with knives as he used to say..