Joe Jackson -- Dr. Murray Held MJ Drug Intervention

8/25/2010 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson has re-filed his wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray -- and now claims Dr. Murray and AEG staged an intervention with Michael Jackson one week before he died.

0825_joe_conrad_EX_TMZ_02

According to the new documents, Dr. Murray and representatives from AEG went to Michael Jackson's home on N. Carolwood Drive on June 18, 2009 -- and said they were there for a "drug intervention."

The suit claims during the meeting AEG demanded Michael "stop seeing Dr. Arnold Klein and stop taking the drugs Klein gave to him." They wanted Michael to "take only the medications being given to him by Conrad Murray."

According to the suit ... the intervention was intended to get Michael to adhere to Dr. Murray's drug regimen so he could get more sleep.  AEG thought Michael was missing rehearsals because of medications from Dr. Klein and other doctors.

The suit also alleges that in the days leading up to Michael's death it was apparent he was getting weaker and weaker, at times seeming "drugged and disoriented."

The upshot of the lawsuit -- the intervention and general concern over MJ's drug use is proof Dr. Murray had no business administering Propofol and other drugs to the singer and that Dr. Murray knew he was playing with fire.

dd

@121 lovemj No really they actually had a whole different picture up this AM, he looked strange and they were passing him off as Murray, now I'm wondering if Murray is using a body double sometimes.

Cathy

Are you kidding me, that woman Jermaine married is Thomes SISTER. Now I really don't trust Jermaine, I knew he was always jealous but this is really sick. I won't be falling for his tears anymore.

Posted at 3:58 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by dd
________________________________________________

No, another piece of misinformation. Tohme is not Jermaine's wife's sister. There is some sort of family relation there, but she is not his sister.

Jermaine can be a jerk/fool, but I don't believe for even a nanosecond that he wanted his brother dead.

dd

@118 Grump- Right On!

Chico

I just read the comments about This Is It. It took me a long time to watch this movie...I just couldn't stand to see his last performances, even if they were in rehearsal.

I immediately felt that the do***entary was orchestrated to only show the most positive moments of footage. In the beginning of one set, (forget which song) Michael is clearly irritated at his earpiece. In ALL songs, I felt that the audio was dubbed. If I looked hard enough, I could find a blog that listed where the audio came from, but I would have to dig.

Michael looks thin, frail and unhappy, imo. His dance moves were still impeccable. He moves without thinking and like no other. But it was fully evident to me that Michael DID NOT want to do this concert series, hands down. I was so outraged after I saw the movie that I tried to stay away from anything Michael for a few days. I'm still outraged that I spent my money to see Michael when I believe he would not have wanted anyone to see the footage.

AEG KNEW he didn't want to do it, and they pushed him anyway, all in the name of the almighty dollar. Greed killed Michael, plain and simple. Ever wonder why the dancers were on a two year contract? The concert series was only supposed to last 8 months, so why put them on contract for two years? If the dancers are on contract, they are not allowed to speak about any part of the rehearsals.

What about Randy Phillips initial interview about Michael? Phillips said, Oh Michael was happy and thrilled to do the series when Michael first died. Then ONLY AFTER Oxman and Joe filed the wrongful death suit did Phillips admit that he and Ortega went to Michael's house and told him he had to start showing up to rehearsals or the deal was off. Why didn't AEG respond to Murray's request for a nurse and breathing monitor? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MICHAEL.

The more I think about this the madder I get. It's just so UNFAIR to treat him like a commodity rather than a human being.

lovemj

dd, i didn't see the pic you are speaking of but your comment was funny LOL.

i guess i don't really believe the BELIEVERS, but wouldn't it be nice if MJ is alive. if he is, i know he probably did it for a life or death situation, and the way things have looked since day one is that very shady characters are involved in his life and death. i for one am glad his father continues to stir the pot. whatever Joe knows is certainly more then we do.

Jameszina

JO JACKSON. NEEDS TO KICK Murray's butt and then sue him, break him and then put his useless but in jail. He's a killer.

Bayo

It's real sad to see MJ fan's being delusional at times. Look at the facts. AEG and Dr. Murray knew there was a problem and tried to help. Of course money was the motive, there are not stupid, but who would have benefited if this would have taken place MJ, AEG and Dr. Murray and others. So, they wanted him to live, I believe someone else wanted him dead who wasn't going to profit from the tour.

Cathy

In ALL songs, I felt that the audio was dubbed.
Posted at 4:41 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Chico
________________________________________

Yeah, I agree with you on this, Chico. I didn't think every single song was dubbed over, but I felt that most of them were.

Posted at 4:41 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Chico
___________________________________________________________

I absolutely totally agree that Michael did not want to do these concerts. I think he reluctantly agreed to do 10, and that before he knew it, AEG had scheduled 50 dates without telling him. I don't believe that Michael committed suicide, but I can't help but think, in moments of sadness, that Michael dreaded these 50 dates so much that he constantly thought about how to get out of doing them. That's probably what prevented him from sleeping in the end. I do believe it's possible to subconsciously will oneself to die. As the date to go to London drew closer and closer, I think Michael was just filled with dread and anxiety.

I also totally agree that Michael would be horrified if he knew that rehearsal footage was made into a movie and released to the public.

All most people involved cared about was the money they would make off of these concerts. But I don't believe Michael ever would have completed the run even if he had lived. I think he would have done a show or two and then canceled the next 2 weeks of shows due to "exhaustion" or "dehydration" or some such excuse. And it would have gone on like that (a show or two performed, the next week of shows canceled) until the rest of the series was eventually canceled. And it would have made Michael look like an unreliable fool. In fact, the day Michael died (before the news was announced officially on TMZ), I read a comment from a poster that said, "I swear, if this hospital run is just another excuse for him to cancel the London concerts, I will stop being a fan because I have had enough!" It shows that by this time, even among some fans, Michael had a reputation for not following through on much anymore. He was sick mentally and physically, and he needed professional help.

I just don't think his heart was in it anymore, and I definitely don't think his heart or his body was in it for 50 dates. He was worth more dead and alive, and most people involved in business with him knew that.

dd

Well I'm glad I haven't seen the movie, I have been putting it off from the beginning. Friends and family keep telling me it would help, but I never believed that.

dd

@lovemj Joe is doing the right thing, think of how many lives have been destroyed by show biz, this crap has been going on for decades. Work them to the bone, use them up, then spread filth about them, and don't forget the drugs, how many have died from that. Well luckily Michael still kept his publishing, GOOD FORM HIM! I hope Joe gets every greedy ******* that tried to destroy his son!!!

Lee lee

Posted at 5:02 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by Cathy

Cathy
Whent the news first started to break that he had been rushed to hospital, I shamefully did think to myself "oh here we go again".I too did for a moment think that was his "get out of concert ticket". The said thing about this really ,is that at his age..with all the money he made and had donated over his lifetime, It shouldn't have come to this. At 50 years of age, having to force himself to go on stage.
I don't know if it was all his shopping sprees, financial pay outs, dodgy managers handling his money badly..or just a mixture of it all....but Michael should not have ever had to be in a position where he felt like he HAD TO tour.

Lee lee

Well, if MJ hadn't been put through complete H!LL with the BS trial, all the media lies, the defame and unfair assassination of him and his character. The lies of those hateful, greedy families, the pain..oh the pain of all that (we can't even imagine)! The most loved and successful entertainer of all time, suddenly a parody, an outcast beyond anyone's imagination, accused of the worst BS. What did one expect from Michael Jackson, he was a human being. If none of this had been done, all the millions and millions he spent on legal fees - attorneys for BS stuff, all the millions he gave away to charities. if he hadn't gone through this, we wouldn't of had to do the concert tour(s) but he needed money. He should have and could have been able to retire, work on his own projects, at his own pace (films, whatever), he should have been able to live in peace, raise his children with pride and a true sense of accomplishment as being the greatest entertainer of all time. That didn't happen. What did people expect out of Michael Jackson, after that trial...he was a human being!

The trial killed michael jackson, those families killed michael jackson, the pain killed michael jackson. what do you expect, he was just supposed to raise above it all, pretend like it didn't happen. YES, we won in court, there was NO evidence, but...the media racked him over time and time again, how much can one person take, endure...what do we all expect, really.

RIP, michael jackson!

Posted at 5:23 PM on Aug 25, 2010 by katie10

Sorry Katie10
I hadn't seen your post when I posted mine. I think we share the same sentiments. I couldn't agree with you more. Very well said.