Steven Tyler -- Fury After Friend Put in Choke Hold

8/25/2010 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler was furious last night -- lashing out at a rowdy group of autograph seekers after a shoving match broke out ... and one of Tyler's "guys" was choked out.

0825_tyler_tmz_v2

The insanity began when Tyler arrived at the Trump Hotel in New York -- and was instantly rushed by the aggressive autograph hounds.

When Tyler's associate began to shove back ... someone reached in from behind and started to choke him out.

Tyler instantly broke up the mess, restored calm ... and then proceeded to lecture the group about standard protocol for autograph seeking.

Tyler and his friend were then escorted into the building by security.

Straight Talkin Texan

After watching this, I can see why many celebs refuse to sign autographs. Those autograph seekers are like animals! Geesh!

amberlynn30

Thanks for all your great posts. I will keep an eye on your labor law blog as usual~~

Ana Brazil

Tyler is a gentleman!!! He's always nice and loving to the fans... and these f&6%%$# autograph seekers are such losers and troublemakers!!! I wish they had gotten their asses kicked by Tyler and his crue!!!

Jessica

Now thats a true friend. ;)

JMoore

Oh my god. People he's just another person! Treat him with a little respect!!! I get that he's one of the best rock stars of all time, but jeez. This scared me! He could have been hurt.

SleepySamm

HAHA! This is classic! So check this: the guy who yoked up the "bodyguard" is one of my friends! This kid is awesome! He's a stage 5 cancer survivor. He's one of the best friends you could ask for. I read all of these comments and one of you said you'd like to meet him so you can kick his ass..... Dude, you would get stomped! My boy is 6'5" and chiseled. He would whoop you in his sleep! Love it, GUY! Keep getting those autographs, kid!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3