Timbaland -- Cops APB: 'Possible Suicide Attempt'

8/25/2010 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Timbaland was the subject of a manhunt yesterday after his family believed he was so distraught over the theft of a $2 million piece of jewelry he might harm himself ... this according to law enforcement sources.

0825_timbaland_EXC
According to sources, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department put out a "possible suicide attempt" APB just before 5 PM PT yesterday.  A helicopter and squad cars went on the hunt for the rapper/producer's Escalade.

Here's what we're told happened ... Timbaland was on the phone earlier in the day with his brother-in-law ... deeply upset about something.  We're told one of the things that was eating at him was a theft at his Malibu residence a day before.  Someone had stolen a crazy expensive Jacob & Co. watch -- valued at $2 million -- and Timbaland suspected it might have been someone he trusted.

Timbaland left his home yesterday and began driving.  Family members couldn't locate him, became extremely worried and called the Sheriff's Department.

We're told the helicopter located the Escalade, ground crews pulled Timbaland over and began talking to him.  At some point they put Timbaland in a patrol car and took him to his residence, where they continued speaking with him and family members.

Deputies called for paramedics to come and evaluate Timbaland.  After the evaluation, paramedics determined Timbaland was not a threat to himself and left.

We're told the Sheriff's Department is investigating the theft of Timbaland's jewelry and they have possible suspects.

Timbaland's rep could not be reached for comment.

0825_timbaland_small_audioUPDATE: Timbaland just called into Ryan Seacrest's radio show, and confirmed someone stole something from him and that he was upset about it ... but says there was definitely no suicide attempt.

Timbaland said he simply took a drive to clear his head, when someone got a little too worried about him and called the cops.

0825_timbaland_footer

lili

@ BALANCED, the 'borrowed' jeans example was just that, an accurate analogy because borrowed jeans never come back to the owner, sorry I didn't spell out the obvious for you.

You are insisting that it's not the money its the trust, and what I'm telling you is it IS THE MONEY, that's the whole thing. Who cares if someone lifts a $5 walgreens watch? He wouldn't care, so it's all about the money, the bling, it's all about that.

And I don't care if he was going to OFF himself, I really don't! but I do tend to agree that he was likely going to OFF someone else.

So, since you truly lack in the comprehension department, I've spelled it out more simply so you could try to get it this time.

Again, what a waste of priorities, he deserves to have that gaudy thing ripped off , yuck.

lili

@ BALANCED, did you not see that 'borrows' was in quotes, making it sarcastic?! Obvious, really.

Nicole

I just read everyone comments KKK is still in affect WOW!!!!! Keep doing what you do Timbaland.

Andrettianna

you dumb, you real dumb, TMZ.

what He said

The man is nhigger rich what can you expect? Not a lot. why do all nhiggers cry cry cry. A bunch of ****ing crybabies come her i'll give your mother****ers something to ****ing cry over! Wahhh wahhh wahhh the white man held us down wahhh wahhh wahh.

johnny b

now you know what it feels like to be stolen from, timbo.

jeff

i Swear i thought birdman was pimpin with his 1.5 million choppard watch. hold ur head up, i ain't even know he was that rich.

KEVIN MCCREA

Who cares??

brooks

I love your music and rap tims and you are always the best for me your life is more important than that shirt so stop thinking about it .

Bootpunk

I say GO FOR IT DUDE, no one is that into you alive anymore.

Anony Moose

*effeminate limp wrist and lisp* triceratopth

Andy

While I agree that being that distraught over an object would be insane (if true) Timbaland made that money with his talent and can spend it as he sees fit, clearly those telling him to build a school, have never been inposition to build a school so that sounds good in theory.

wasted28

I just played comedie about the theft and comiting suicide so insurance beleive in my story and pay me back my 2M$ lol

HI HATER

ALL OF YOU THAT ARE DISSIN FOLKS THAT HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU.... GET A LIFE. PEOPLE CAN BUY WHATEVER THE HELL THEY LIKE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THE MONEY. DON'T HAVE SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT THEM OR HAVE WHAT THEY HAVE. HE SAID HE WAS GOIN TO COMMIT SUICIDE, HIS FAMILY APPARENTLY WAS REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HIM. & TO ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE.... KEEP LIVIN!!

Jill

Puh-leeze.

I used to like Timbaland - not anymore. I have lost any respect I had for him.

Most of us are out here struggling to keep our basic needs met, like food & shelter - meanwhile, this fool is throwing a hissy fit about a 2 million dollar WATCH>! Really?

If I pulled such a stunt, the police would send me a $2 million bill.

Get over it, Timbaland. Trade places with me, you'd never make it.