Michael Jackson's Kids Get Schooled

8/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two of Michael Jackson's kids have taken a big step -- leaving homeschool for one of the most exclusive private schools in the country.

Michael Jackson Kids School
TMZ has learned 13-year-old Prince and 12-year-old Paris started at The Buckley School in the San Fernando Valley on Wednesday.

Family sources tell TMZ ... Prince wanted to go to Buckley to have "a social experience."  Initially, Paris was reluctant but changed her mind in a big way.

As for 8-year-old Blanket -- he's still going to be homeschooled. Katherine Jackson feels he's too young to venture out.

FlowerPower

Go Michael Go!
Michael Jackson has become the most downloaded artist of all time.

wow

These children are obviously very intelligent. They will be ahead of their classmates. Hopefully they won't have to live with hateful comments growing up. Their dad was a very special but misunderstood man. He marched to a different drummer and sometimes that's a plus in this world. He viewed things with an aura of innocence and love that many couldn't comprehend. If we look beyond the darkness there is always the light. He saw that light.
My sibling will celebrate her 52nd birthday on August 29th and we always remembered it as Michael Jackson's birthday. Unfortunately, there will be no celebration for his family but he will live on in his children, his family and fans around the world. Though I wouldn't fit the description of a "fan" I've grown up with the Jackson 5 and have followed them over the years. I have fond memories of purchasing the Thriller album and enjoying his music but my favorite growing up was the ballad "Ben". Michael was gifted as an entertainer but also as a human being. Those who speak hatefully have no true understanding and must look through the shadowy clouds of darkness that taints this world. He will be missed. God bless these children.|

FlowerPower

@wow, lovely post.

JB

#152 @wow - virtual high 5 to you if you're reading this... I am listening to Ben right now from his MJ Number Ones CD.

shamon

TO Kim going to Neverland....do you actually get behind that front gate? I've been to the front gate but could never get inside.

CloBird

Good for them.I hope all works out well,that they are able to make friends and succeed academically.
Katherine is taking into account Blanket's emotional readiness to venture out;perhaps he will want to go to a day school one day.

Kimmy Ef

Does TMZ really need to publish what school? These poor kids. And your final comment was so rude and unneeded Tmz.

Justice for MICHAEL!!

CloBird

TMZ,this part of your post was unnecessary,catty,in poor taste and ranks of jealousy:
"Among the alums -- Matthew Perry, Alyssa Milano, Nicole Richie, Nicollette Sheridan and Laura Dern.

By the way, some other grads even went on to do sex tapes and became famous -- Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian."

There are other people who attend that school,not just celebrities.And some actually went to school to get and education.The last two listed aren't known for their intelligence,just their media availability.

***

So Blanket is too young yet is was okay to pimp Michael out at age 5??? Hmmmmm...
Anyway I hope they have wonderful media free lives. And agreed--Prince is correct in wanting social experiences, to make friends and have fun, what Michael always craved but was deprived of.

Siggisiss

#85. Why do some people believe Paris was afraid of her Dad? I've seen the most wonderful pic taken on a plane, with Michael in reclining seat and his daughter nestling on his chest, looking very happy and content.
Posted at 7:30 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by aston
------------------------------------------
Hi Aston. It surprised me to hear that some idiots believe Paris was scared of MJ. Where did you hear this?
Personally I've noticed in every picture I've seen with them together, Paris is looking at her Dad with absolute love and devotion. It's nice to see - it warms the heart!

Posted at 11:19 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by Brigha from UK

Come oooon, Paris wasn´t scared of Michael! You have all seen this, I´m sure, but it is worth seeing again. Look at that little girl at the end of the video, looking at her dad with wide open, trusting eyes - and GORGEOUS eyes, I might add, saying "I want to do what you do". This is so cute.

moni

This is great news. Being together with others of the same age is so important for kids. It's irreplaceable, even by a loving grandma or loving parents. And MJ3 won't be completely unprepared. I know, many here are skeptical about the cousins in Hayvenhurst. But being together with them, playing, having fun, yes, also fighting with them was the first step for MJ3 on their way out. School is the second. I wish them all the best, a great time, and a WHOLE BUNCH of friends.

To those who can't understand why Blanket isn't ready yet: For goodness' sake, he's not a kid like mine or your's. Not long ago he has lost his only parent, and his life was completely turned upside down. It's wonderful that Katherine is patient and understanding enough to give him all the time he needs.

moni

Posted at 12:10 PM on Aug 27, 2010 by TiffC

You know what?
For people like you I wish the computer industry would invent a self-destruction mechanism of their products. If something such as tasteless and disgusting is taped into the keyboard, the whole thing should go "poof". Hopefully along with the user. Ugh!

Cathy

great post, moni. I agree with your sentiments, including your thoughts on Blanket. I'm sure in a couple of years, he'll want to go to school as well, and I'm sure he will. Katherine and the family are doing right by these kids as far as I can see, and the kids seem like they want to be with the Jacksons. This is where they belong.

aston

About Paris being afraid - someone posted it here on this board. I've heard it before too, though not very often.

Neverland - there is no fence there, is it? But I suppose fans will meet outside the gates to celebrate Michael's birthday, not go in. Like they were there during the trial. My god, it's just five years ago - it feels like fifteen. He only lived four more years after that damn trial.

He came to this earth - suffered during his childhood - gave all he had in his music to people all over the world - and was crucified by a pharisee.