Michael Jackson's Kids Get Schooled

8/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two of Michael Jackson's kids have taken a big step -- leaving homeschool for one of the most exclusive private schools in the country.

Michael Jackson Kids School
TMZ has learned 13-year-old Prince and 12-year-old Paris started at The Buckley School in the San Fernando Valley on Wednesday.

Family sources tell TMZ ... Prince wanted to go to Buckley to have "a social experience."  Initially, Paris was reluctant but changed her mind in a big way.

As for 8-year-old Blanket -- he's still going to be homeschooled. Katherine Jackson feels he's too young to venture out.

Among the alums -- Matthew Perry, Alyssa Milano, Nicole Richie, Nicollette Sheridan and Laura Dern.

By the way, some other grads even went on to do sex tapes and became famous -- Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

andy

I told you what TMZ IS ALL ABOUT TINY MEN WITH ZITS, WHY DO YOU NEED TO STATE THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL AND NAME A CELEBRITY WITH NEGATIVE RESULTS, MJ KIDS ARE PRETTY SMART AND WERE RAISED WELL THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE BS SO DROP IT TINY MEN WITH ZITS.

Heather

What bothers me is that Katherine thinks Blanket (god what a stupid name)is to young to venture out?!!!! Really, you stupid woman, he's 8 years old, he's supposed to want to go outside with other kids and play and do all the other stuff "normal" kids do. God I feel sorry for this little one.

me in Canada

Does anyone else see that Paris looks exactly like Debbie Rowe and Prince looks exactly like his sperm donor Arnie Klein- my god the resemblance is uncanny. Michael Jackson hid those kids from the public eye for several reasons - the main one being that they are not his biological children and they are unmistakeably white and once they were exposed to the public, everyone would know that they were not his (like we had any doubt) I am not racist or prejudice in any way - I'm stating my opinion. To make children wear masks while in their primary years, will have an ever lasting psychological affect on them. Michael Jackson had mental problems - these weren't his children - they were his playmates.

lynn

MJ messed these kids up by covering their faces and keeping them away from the real world. The Presidents children go to school and do fine, as well as other famous peoples children. They need to be raised on a "normal" level or they will be as nutty as he was. Good for grandma-the younger one needs to go too.

nearli

TMZ, was that last sentence even necessary? You actually made sex references and an article about children in the same frame?...TMZ you need to be shut down because you really serve no purpose...there is no news, no information of value, nothing..you are just like supermarket trash magazines....

Ginger

I still say Paris' behavior regarding her dad showed fear more than love. Just my take on the whole thing. All the kids look so much better. I think they have a chance at some sort of normal life. They didn't with MJ.

Mary Maude Henry

Outrageous to mention Hilton and Kardashian in the same article about the future schooling of Michael Jackson's children!!!!!!!!
A couple of NON-STARS, you people at TMZ should be jailed.
We all wish the children well.
Try to stick to the subject or stop posting articles.
MMH

Alissa

I hope it works out :) She's right....... Blanket is too young still. Wait for him to get older :) :0 Good luck Prince and Paris

blue pen

Let's hope this school has changed it's policy regarding bullying.

LetEmBee

I find Michael's family to be very disrespectful of Michael's parenting. He didn't do this. I am guessing he wouldn't of done this.
Shame on his family.

Carmen

Sweets ... like their father!

Barb.A.

This comment is entirely inappropriate on a board covering children. TMZ never ceases to amaze me...just when I think they couldn't sink any lower, they hit a new low.

Posted at 12:58 AM on Aug 27, 2010 by Chico
---------------------

I couldn't agree more. TMZ have some cooth where the children are concerned for goodness sake.

neicey

I wish them best of luck.

Cathy

Wonderful! What a great decision. The kids need to get out and interact in the world and meet other kids. Great decision by Katherine. In his absence, I think this is exactly what Michael would have wanted.

And something tells me that neither Prince nor Paris will grow up to make a sex tape. They seem very well adjusted despite what they've had to endure. Michael was a good Dad, the Jackson family will take good care of them, and they will be absolutely fine.