« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former WWE Star

'Luna' Dies

8/27/2010 3:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former WWE superstar Gertrude "Luna" Vachon died this morning in Florida. She was 48.

Gertrude Luna Vachon Dead
Luna wrestled for the WWE from 1993 to 2000 ... and had gained notoriety as Bam Bam Bigelow's "main squeeze."

So far, no cause of death has been determined.

UPDATE: According to law enforcement sources, Luna's body was discovered by her mother around 10 AM this morning.

We're told authorities currently do not believe there was any foul play involved -- but an autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Scrantastic

The fact that Luna lost everything in a house fire and people here make jokes on it when she dies, I hope karma bites you in the ass real good.

CriticAl

R.I.P. Luna. :( She was a great heel, and it's a shame she dropped out of the business so soon. I've often wondered why she didn't make a comeback.

JenB

Maybe too soon, but this is what Amber from Teen Mom is going to look like in 15 years.

Dave

I remember watching her make Sable look like an all-star when Sable first showed up on the scene. She was an awesome wrestler with great skills. Even though she looked like a freak I gave her props for not going along with the "diva" look they were trying to start up. Rest in peace Gertrude "Luna" Vachon

Vinny

What a bunch of rude *******s. No class. RIP.

Anon

It's disgusting how people are jumping immediately to steroids. A woman has just died here. If you're not here to offer your condolences do not post at all.

Luna was a legendary figure in the sport; especially early on in the 1990s. She was responsible for dragging the best out of Sable inside the ring, and left her own legacy when she tangled up with the likes of Madusa.

She was a woman known for issues with bipolar disorder, and I just hope that suicide was not the reason.

Regardless it is a HUGE loss that Luna has died.

RIP.

NachoMan

i read a report there was a smashed card table and a dented folding chair next to the body.

Queen B

I was going to post the exact same thing about Leann Rimes, without the steroids part. The resemblance is uncanny.

Laura Miller

She looks like Leann Rimes.

roger

i remember her in da 90's.she was rowdy,her voice would freak me out

di

kinda looks like LeAnn Rimes...I'm just sayin'

bigdaddyict

TMZ needs to screen these messages and get rid of the posts that are disrespectful. Some of you people need to watch your backs, because God's going to get your asses for speaking ill of the deceased. As a lifelong fan of the sport, I've had the oppurtunity to see many wrestling shows and have got to talk to a lot of the wrestlers (including Luna herself, and FYI, she was much nicer and soft-spoken when she wasn't in character). Knowing what I know about the sport and the people within it, I can honestly tell you that not all wrestlers use steroids or painkillers and not all wrestlers party. Saying sh*t like that is considered profiling and would be like me saying that all morons sit around in a circle beating off to a picture of a naked Barbie doll. Also, saying that the long-term effects of steroids contributed to Luna's death is retarded, especially since they have yet to say what killed her, and because I seriously doubt any of you who have that opinion of her are doctors. You stupid people need to respect Luna and her family by letting her rest in peace. Either get a life or go mess with someone that deserves your cruel words, like your fellow douchebags, Spencer Pratt and Levi Johnston.

rene

what a beasttttttt

jxtr

It's sad that many former WWE wrestlers are dying at young ages.

THIN LIZZY