Paris Hilton -- 'It Wasn't My Purse'

8/28/2010 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton wouldn't be caught dead with the purse that contained cocaine -- and that will be her defense in her Las Vegas cocaine arrest ... TMZ has learned.

Paris Hilton Cocaine in Purse
Sources who have spoken with Paris since her arrest on the Vegas strip late last night tell TMZ ... she insists the purse -- with what we're told contained a small amount of cocaine -- was not hers.

As we first reported, she's hired powerful Vegas lawyer David Chesnoff to handle the case ... and he already got her sprung without posting bail.

You'll recall Paris used the "the-drugs-weren't-mine" defense in South Africa last month, after being detained by police. No charges were filed against her.

As for the Vegas case, as far as we know she was the only woman in the car that was stopped, but she had been partying at a club prior to the bust where other women and purses were present.

HarlotO'Hara

All you self-righteous, totally SOBER, Pontificating idiots don't have a clue what went on with Ms. no talent Pari**** Hilton's situation. Yeah, "smelling Pot from a car" sounds like probable cause for pulling them over. If I were 28 years old and facing the discouragingly dishonest Govt. we are ruled by--I might snort a few lines myself. Our Country has become a cesspool of money-grubbing, hateful theiving Pigs--there is no hope. Wake-up people.

Posted at 9:26 AM on Aug 28, 2010 by Cynthia J

Sounds like you are snorting and posting.

tiffany

.....and she doesn't even have Dina Lohan as an excuse!

Dani

Maybe it's just me but, shouldn't they drug test you if you are pulled over in a car where pot smoke is pouring out of the car and cocaine is found in a purse in the car? I mean, if the occupants in the car are found to have drugs on them then shouldn't that be cause enough to drug test them and then...the results be enough to CHARGE them on? Seems easy enough to me.

wun09

So I guess she likes to steal purses everywhere she goes.
Isn't that breaking the law too?

jen

There are video cameras all over Vegas. I'm sure one of them has her on tape carrying that purse. She's so f'ing stupid.

HUFFYONE

LIAR! LIAR! PANTS ON FIRE!!!

Silvie

one word...LOSER!

mlg9555

Another great role model for young girls! Privileged b$itch, gets away with lying, making a mockery of the justice system. Go to jail, do not pass go.

Jackie

seen her on the strip min before she was arrested smokine a blunt. Started to take a pic of her with the blunt in her moouth but didn't want to stare. should have follow my first mine

tiffany

Paris, you know you're supposed to throw **** out the window!

craih

Why the F...don't they do a drug screen on her and end that speculation..thats retarded if they didn't. any thoughts on that guys?

dirty diana

she'll get out of it!
spoiled ass brat! God I can't stsand her!

esj

i hope they won't let her get off this time. she should be in jail longer than lindsay!!!

Dani

and here I thought I'd wake to news of Lindsay falling off the wagon. My heads spinning between these spoiled, messed up Hollywood, spoiled brats.

Wow, I can't keep up and already it's looking like....celebrity justice will prevail once again. I bet, she'll get maximum...what Lindsay just got, if that. Knowing Paris, probably probation and the promise to stay out of Vegas.

suesch1950

As they say where there is smoke there is fire. Hard to ignor her recent arrests to believe "it wasn't my purse" excuse.