Sam Ronson's Dog Cadillac Hits the Road

8/31/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Samantha Ronson's bulldog Cadillac has beat a hasty retreat from L.A. after a fatal run-in with a neighbor dog ... sources tell TMZ -- and we found out Cadillac has a biting record.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
We've learned Sam sent her beloved bulldog packing for the East Coast to live with family  ... after the dog killed a 3-pound Maltese that was roaming the hallway without a leash Monday in Samantha's West Hollywood apartment building.

Sam -- who had worked the night before -- was at home sleeping when the attack occurred.  Some of her friends were in her unit.  We've learned the friends told Animal Control they heard a human scream and then opened the door and found Cadillac in the hallway alone -- there was no blood on the floor or on the bulldog.  None of Sam's friends are copping to allowing Cadillac to get out of the unit.

0830_dog_tmz_ex_3

We've learned Cadillac previously bit another dog in the building and Sam agreed to send the pooch to a 3-week doggie boot camp for socialization.  Cadillac returned home just 5 days ago.

Neighbors tell TMZ Cadillac had also bitten a person in the building but we could not confirm it.

Tiger is the first fatality.

Pongo

Sounds like they were both irresponsible dog owners. One dog had a record of aggressive behavior and the other was wandering around off leash in a public space. It's too bad the animals end up paying for their owners' negligence.

wrangler003

Hope she get's the piss sued out of her. The dog is dangerous. Maybe when it KILLS a child they will do something about it and put it down.

amanda

bull dogs are NOT pit bulls and ANY dog can be mean just like people. It is time to put the dog down befor it get ahold of a child and how would she feel if that was a family member.

John

I thought this was a website about CELEBRITY news. Not people who USED to date a celebrity in an attempt to become one themselves. If I have to see one more picture of Samantha Ronson's sour puss mug, I'm gonna puke.

Thomas

Geez... This site is hateful. People are attacking ronson for being a gay or how she looks and dresses. What has that got to do with anything?
This story isn't clear. I think Animal control said it was a case of there not being animal control. The maltese should not have been roaming the hallways without a leash neither should the bulldog be let out without a leash. This was inevitable as they are animals. The maltese although small can be very aggressive against bigger dogs. But of course it doesn't stand a chance against a bulldog. The bulldog is actually a gentle dog but it can be not so good at socializing with other dogs. Both owners are to blame but even so animals are unpredictable and this is a far more common happening then people think.

sinne

This dog does have "pit" in it because of the brindle striping. Mosthomeowners insurance will drop you like a hot potato if you own one. Hence, the reason forall of these creative breeds of pit.

Posted at 3:57 AM on Aug 31, 2010 by Kelly

Actually you have it backwards, pitts have some bulldog in them, hence the brindle coloring. And by your reason, any dog that is striped or brindle is a pitt is idiotic.

I have two male pitts that get along great with any dog or cat, but then I raised them that way.

hihat

It sounds as if Cadillac needs a permanent recall...

Bruce

@Hep...............get YOUR facts straight............that IS an English bulldog,not a pitbull................When this story first broke they called it a pitbull when in fact it is a bulldog.ANd to the one who said you can tell this bulldog has pit in it due to its "brindle markings" shows you no nothing about dogs either........Lots of dogs have brindle markings,not only pitbulls.This incident has to do with a bulldog and nothing at all to do with pitbulls.While I do agree that bully breeds should require an owner to register them,or pass a course on owning and training them,pitbulls are not all agressive as the less informed people seem to believe.I own 2 "petbulls",one 9yo and another 4 yo and they are both sweet dogs and 100% non-aggressive toward humans.Twice I have had other dogs(unleashed) run out inot the streets and attack my dogs(leashed).Both times the other dog_owners have tried to have my dogs taken by animal control/pay their vet bills only to be told in court that my animals were properly leashed and supervised while both times the other dogs were not.I didnt enjoy knowing the other dogs got a bit scuffed up,but an unleashed dog coming up to me growling as Im walking my own dogs......my dogs did exactly as I would expect them to do...Protect them and myself which is what they did.......a pitbull raised and trained properly is a truly wonderful and loving animal.

S

Dogs are just stupid. Really people what's the point of having a pet. Are things so effed up in your life that u need some dog to follow U around and give u 'undying' affection. I live in the city and I see all these stupid dog owners that lock up there pets in their apartments all day, then walk them on a sidewalk at night to take a crap. "The dog not the dog owner" really u selfish owners, do you really that is what "loving" your dog is all about. I'm thinking they like to run, play outside, like in a yard. So maybe if your a lonely looser and U "need" a pet to fill some part of your lives that having a 'life' doesn't fill then maybe in the suburbs or country it might make sense but in the city. Just plain selfless stupid of the owners. A dog attacked a dog. no kidding they are animals, they do that kind of stuff. I say turn all the dogs into dog food and feed them to the homeless.

No comment

Sam ought to be putdown. She is going to make sure her dog can't be picked up and later put to sleep. She doesn't care about other peoples dogs being attacked and killed. (What the h*ll does animal control get paid to do? That dog should have been taken into custody with its 'criminal record'. I hope Sam and the apt complex gets sued.

Jenny

Gotta love how in this picture the dog is walking the owner. One sign of who the dominant one is. I own a potentially "dangerous" breed, G. Shepherd, and I DO NOT take it lightly. I spend every day properly training my beloved dog. So sad the stereotypes that are out there when it is almost always the owners fault for spoiling their pets rotten! They're pack animals that need structure and need to know who is the boss!!!

JLS

Dogs get lonely. Perhaps if Samantha paid as much attention to Cadillac as she did to the diseased snatch on Lindsay Loser Lohan, Tiger would still be around. It's rarely the dog's fault. They cannot control their own lives OR ENVIRONMENT.

ChrisFan

She wants to help then pay the people what they are going to be losing in money with their dog being a model!

ELLIE

I THINK THAT SKANK RONSON SHOULD BUY THE OWNER OF THE POOR LITTLE DOG THAT WAS MURDERED BY HER DOG A NEW DOG. AND MANAGEMENT OF THE APARTMENT WHERE SHE LIVES DO NOT ALLOW HER TO GET ANY OTHER DOG OR ANIMALS.

nycgirl

The BUILDING is also at fault. The apartment complex NEEDS to enforce house rules about keeping dogs on leashes. If the dog isn't on a leash, the owner should get fined. My old building in NYC was horrible about enforcing the leash law... There were dogs off the leashes roaming the hallways, in the elevator, etc. Management would do nothing. Buildings need to have a strict policy when it comes to enforcing the leash law. I'm sure it wasn't the first time the dog was roaming the hallway without a leash.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments