Sam Ronson -- Focus of Criminal Investigation

8/31/2010 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a criminal investigation underway in connection with the fatal attack involving Samantha Ronson's dog.

Sam Ronson's Dog

Officials from the County Department of Animal Care & Control tell TMZ there is a criminal investigation underway to determine cause of death for Tiger, the 3-pound Maltese that was killed after Sam's bulldog, Cadillac, got out of her apartment unit yesterday.

We're told Ronson -- who was sleeping at the time of the attack -- is the subject of the criminal investigation.

An Animal Control official tells us they will be looking at the circumstances of the attack and Cadillac's propensity for violence.  As we first reported, Cadillac had attacked another dog a while back and had actually just come home from a 3-week socialization program.

Animal Control tells us this could be a 2 to 3 month investigation.

z

She could have already put the animal down and said "it left for the east coast" just so that there wasn't a backlash for euthanizing it, or she could have sent it to a farm in the country where there was nothing small it could hurt. I have a funny feeling the bulldog may have acutally been euthanized, that is just my opinion though.

They could maybe bar her from having other animals though if they can show she is an unfit owner who knew she knew her dog had a history. The problem is a large dog like that in a building like that, at some point there should have been a policy about that, and the owners of the building might have liabilty also. SOMEONE owes that poor owner damages, but the question IS WHO, or how many people, and not just the cost of the dog either. Her beloved pet was killed in the place it should have been safest.

What is with the TMZ'S blame of the small dog "wasn't on a leash?" Since when is a leash required in a hallway of a residence? HOW WOULD A LEASH HAVE PROTECTED THE DOG FROM THE AGRESSOR? I never heard of a leash with "magic super powers" such as is being suggested to avoid the poor dog being attacked, if anything a leash would have put it in worse danger while being attacked. At any rate the small dog wasn't and isn't required to be on a leash IN THE BULDING IT LIVES IN, SO WHAT IS UP WITH THE BLAME FOR THAT IN THE PREVIOUS ARTICLE?

I hope a lot of heads are going to roll on this one, hopefully not just Sam's. Hopefully her friends who let the dog out, (but it's Sam's residence which she has exclusive control over so maybe not) and the owners of the building as well, who allowed the large dog with a known history of attacking people/animals in the building.

jc

You know...I usually think your show is somewhat funny...but I am DEEPLY offended with the way you guys handled the story about the death of another dog by Samanthas bull dog. Why make fun of this??? Do you know how many dog lovers there are that watch your show??? Making fun of humans is one thing...but when it comes to kids and dogs there is a line that you have crossed and that is DECENCY...KNOCK IT OFF....!!! The owner of the dog who was killed is NOT LAUGHING and I'm sure is in pain...you all need some serious help in the 'what's funny department"

redrum

my perdiction....sam will kill herself in less then a year...and she should.

cynical me

It will probably take 2 to 3 months to determine which one is the dog and which is Ronson.

Posted at 1:02 PM on Aug 31, 2010 by Allen T

I just snorted Dr. Pepper out of my nose.
It's all good, the murdering pooch is off to kill more dogs on the east coast...yaaay. I suppose nothing will happen unless it kills a baby, but then it will be the parents fault for letting the dog near the baby...isn't that how it goes? It's everyone's fault BUT the pseudo-celeb.

femonanon

sad episode for all involved....

a

ugh, she is butt.

Hanging to da lef

Sam and Lindsay, "Cat eat Cat"

Carvey

Tiger - the other white meat.

Lauren

I have 5 dogs (and two cats) ranging in age from 4 to 15 years. I have a lovely dog that would protect me or I could leave wih a child if I had to - however, she would kill a cat in a minute. I also have an old dog that is in diapers and almost can no longer see....What I am saying is I can talk because I have dogs and keep them from birth to life - aggresive or passive.

If Sam had a dog wih any history of attacks she needs to have her azz sued off. Maybe the baby wandering the halls was let out a door and was waiting for her master to come and guide her.

My dogs are not perfect, though I keep them from other dogs and people when I know there may be a threat. A couple of times I have had a dog rush a neighbor - it happens. No excuse though. If you aren't watching you dogs and in complete control of them, then you need to be accountable. Period.

My heart broke with the baby that was attacked and killed. I do also feel somewhat for the attacker as he should of been properly restrained and cared for, especially with a history like he has.

Sam needs to buck up and take responsibility. Maybe not only deal with her dog but contribute money and help to unwanted animals.

Sam sux azz.

Ha-HA!!!!

it would seem that Nosforatu (Sam) knows she is in trouble. Yea, ship the dog elsewhere where it can't be seized by local animal control jurisdiction.
Nosforatu also is playing the game of "blame the murdered VICTIM"!!!! It looks like Cadillac will be the one "going down" this time and Nosforatu may have some jail time in the coming months!

mia

She has no control at this point. If no public enemies were involved, this would be a simple case of public safety.
Cadillac is the big loser. Buy him a one way ticket to the crematorium.
No matter how this occurred, the burden of proof is on the owner, and almost hopeless. Little ookie pookie fluffie dog is toast. Big Ol' bull dog is alive and wagging.
Fact is, the bulldog killed a harmless flufferpooch, then was aggressive to the owner.
Case closed.

God-Of-Lyf

WHO? I don't believe I've heard of this guy!

My New Name

I don't know how many times I have told you idiots at TMZ that "under way" is TWO WORDS not ONE WORD.

It is NEVER one word.

Can you people not retain information? I mean, why is it that once you have been told the correct way to do something would you CHOOSE to continue to do it incorrectly? Are you just stubborn? Is it an ego thing?

HAWinLA

1. This isn't about kharma. What did the other dog do to deserve this? It's about yet another small-dog owner who thinks that they're above the law, and that they don't have to abide by leash laws.

2. Sam did not allow her dog to get out.

3. Most dogs have some degree of dog aggression. She did what she could to mediate that.

4. I will bet you ANYTHING that the maltese started it. These dogs yap and yap, and run around, and instigate attacks by larger dogs trying to correct their unstable behavior. Then people assume the attack was the large dog's fault, just because he was able to get the better of the snotty small dog.

5. There are two sides to every story. Don't be swayed because it's cutesy-wutesy little fluffy white dog that died. Understand that these cutesy-wutesy little fluffy white dogs are not always so innocent, and neither are their owners. Everyone wants the owner of the large dog to train the dog, but no one thinks small dogs need to be trained. ALL dogs need to be trained and socialized properly.

6. I will also bet you anything that the dog did not attack the owner. The owner probably got involved when s/he realized that s/he did not have control of his/her dog, and got injured in the ruckus. This is far different from a human attack.

7. What does her being a lesbian matter? Those comments are so lame. Clearly, people here do not understand dog behavior, and so would simply prefer to attack Sam.

8. Cadillac does not need to be killed. She needs to be controlled.

9. Why does everyone assume that the Maltese was innocent and that Cadillac was bad? The Maltese was

10. To Sam: stay strong girl! The war has just begun. You're about to embark on a a journey filled with self-righteous, ignorant people who don't seem to realize that they live in a crowded city, where danger is everywhere, and as a result feel justified in disregarding all the laws and rules that are set in motion to protect their own innocents. Had the other dog been on a leash, the owner could have snapped him up - out of Cadillac's reach - and simply gone home. The owner is more responsible for this tragedy than Sam is.

HAWinLA

2. Sam did not allow her dog to get out.

5. I will also bet you anything that the dog did not attack the owner. The owner probably got involved when s/he realized that s/he did not have control of his/her dog, and got injured in the ruckus. This is far different from a human attack.

6. What does her being a lesbian matter? Those comments are so lame. Clearly, people here do not understand dog behavior, and so would simply prefer to attack Sam.

7. Cadillac does not need to be killed. She needs to be controlled.

8. To Sam: stay strong girl! The war has just begun. You're about to embark on a a journey filled with self-righteous, ignorant people who don't seem to realize that they live in a crowded city, where danger is everywhere, and as a result feel justified in disregarding all the laws and rules that are set in motion to protect their own innocents. Had the other dog been on a leash, the owner could have snapped him up - out of Cadillac's reach - and simply gone home. The owner is more responsible for this tragedy than Sam is.