Sex Pistol Off the Hook in Alleged Woman-Punch Lawsuit

9/11/2010 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sex Pistols singer Johnny Rotten has settled a lawsuit for allegedly punching a female assistant in the face -- and we're told she's actually happy with the outcome ... who says punk is dead?

0831_johnny_rotten_EX_Getty_01
As we first reported, Rotten -- real name John Lydon -- got slapped with the lawsuit in 2008 when the assistant claimed Johnny called her a "f**king c*nt" and punched her in the face because his Ritz-Carlton hotel room wasn't up to snuff.

Now a judge has granted the assistant's request to dismiss the case -- and her lawyer, Keith Fink, tells us the matter "has been satisfactorily settled."

No word on exactly how "satisfactorily" ... since neither side will discuss money.

npfiii

Lydon is a sad prick who still thinks he's relevant.

I don't think he ever realised he was in nothing more than a manufactured prototype boyband...

AJ

This guy really needs to get over himself. I remember him lashing out at Kennedy (from MTV back in the day). At least she told him off. It seems like every time I see or read about this guy, he's treating someone like sh*t. The Sex Pistols were awesome, but not epic. You're not Elvis, dude. Although, I bet it wasn't a pretty sight if someone let the peanut butter/banana sandwich get cold before it got to him.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

this guy was just a blip on the radar screen for like 5 min..

Rastus

How punk; staying at the Ritz-Carlton. The Chelsea it ain't...

Superman

Gee, how is this believable to you people and the other stuff isn't, like the Vince Neil elevator grab and push, the Britney Spears acting like a white trash whore?

Hugh Jass

according to Neil Young, Johnny Rotten is dead but not forgotten.

justme

METH MOUTH

steve

stop giving this douche-bag attention and maybe he will go away.

steph

Ewwww......is his front tooth rotted out of his mouth? Naaaaasty.

Perky

I'm sorry, but I actually thought his calling her a ****ing **** for booking him a less than ideal room at the Ritz and then punching her in the face ... is pretty funny. No ?

FrankieC

npfiii, you're an idiot. Go back to the trailer park.

npfiii

FrankieC
I live in England, we don't have trailer parks.
I'm old enough to have grown up during the Punk era, and I thought he was a prick then just like he is now.

Charlie Black

Superman, if you knew this guy you would believe it!!! I have worked for him before and that is his normal behavior. Once, I got him two steak dinners from The Palm at eleven o'clock at night (I had to use a favor since the kitchen closes before that) and he refused to eat them since he thought the owner of the venue spit in his food. Also, the meals were to be served on china. After the paranoia fit he threw the food and china into a sink. Ungrateful moron. $140 bucks literally down the drain.

Superman

Charlie Black, I didn't say that I didn't believe it. I was critical of the people that can believe wrongdoing about a "celeb" they don't like, but when a "celeb" they do like does something wrong, then they say it's not true. For me, I take it on a case-by-case basis and I can generally tell what's the truth.

BillyBurke

Bhaw hah hah haaaw

To the whiners

How much free publicity did Lydon get from this stunt?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments