« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

TMZ Live: MMA Fighter Roger Huerta Hits the Studio

8/31/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MMA badass Roger Huerta was in the house for TMZ Live -- and talked to Harvey about beating the crap out of a guy who allegedly hit a woman outside a bar in Austin, Texas.

Roger Huerta TMZ
Plus: An update on Samantha Ronson's dog attack situation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

macd3

Harvey, you're a lawyer. What are you doing asking Roger questions that could incriminate him if it goes to court? I know you want the interview, but jeez!

HarryBawls2010

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH HARVEY LEVINE. SEEMS LIKE HES ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN HOW JUMPY HE IS AND ALWAYS INTERRUPTING. TAKE A VACATION LEVINE AND DO SOME SELF-WORK INSTEAD OF OBSESSING ABOUT CELEBRITIES. YOU ARE A SAD LITTLE MAN.

Kay in San Diego

This guy is a terrible interview! Cut him off, 10 minutes was enough, back to the other questions.

Valerie

SNOOOOOOOZE. I think I would rather take a punch than to listen to this interview...

Steven

Why is it when the website loads, the audio on the livefeed is automatically on?

What happened to the feed being muted automatically? I have to turn off auto-reload because every few minutes people start talking again .. ARGH.

Why did this change?!

Manuula

what a waste of sit down. "I cant discuss for legal reasons" thats all you have to say. Roger has to protect himself from liability. He cant say "he wasn't afraid" "being a mma fighter made him more confident that he would survive the fight" etc.. that in itself could weigh against him if a lawsuit is brought. this interview was ill advised

who dat

His story about restraining the guy until the police got there is BS. He beat the guy up then split. That shows consciousness of guilt. If he thought in his mind, what he was doing was right, he would have stuck around.

"Citizens arrest" hahaha. Plain assault more like it.

btw way to kiss his ass guys.

markntejas

assault is assault and the premise remains that roger huerta can not take the law into his own hand and his actions that were caught on tape are a felony.

maria

is anyone else soooo booored right now?! this guy is awesome, great fighter but sorry he's just sooo boooring. Harvey - please take over!

dudeman1

RH is not saying much of anything because the incident is probably still under investigation. As far as I could tell by watching the video clip, even though the guy initially appeared to provoke a fight he appeared to run away and it appeared RH went after him. If so determined, RH then cannot justify his actions as self defense and it would be a case of simple assault which would then most likely result in a lawsuit and judgment against RH or an out of court settlement.

GOLLY

Roger I thought what you did was right, but I believe if a woman starts hitting you, you should hit back. I was brought up by an extremely abusive mother and I believe women should be held to the same standards as anyone else. have a great day

Luckyshot316

Most Cage fighters are regular people, not a person that is mad at the world like comment #8(harrybawls) seems to think.Most of them are the nicest people in the world, but have found something they love to do. Obviously there are some out there that are but do not go very far in the sport. as far as the legitimacy of the sport, I think it is proven to be legit when it is in over 500 million homes.Ultimate fighting is bigger then boxing at this point.

sidebar

Ok, enough. YAWN....

Pyrenus

Rashad Bobino

was the dudes name.

Brian

All jokes aside guys like him crack me up.He wants to sit there and act like he was defending a woman who he clearly didnt know then get tough with a guy that clearly isnt a trained fighter.Are you kidding me? He is no different than the dude that punched the girl.My question is if it was anderson silva that punched a girl,would he have ripped his shirt off and got all tough? I doubt it!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments