Axl Rose Storms Off Stage after Flying Bottle Incident

9/2/2010 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Axl Rose shut down a live concert in Ireland last night to yell at the crowd after multiple people fired bottles onto the stage during their performance ... and it was all caught on tape.

0902_gnr_launch3
Rose -- who literally called for his band to stop playing their instruments during their first song "Welcome to the Jungle" -- warned the crowd that he would pack up his stuff and leave if they kept up the shenanigans.

Of course, the crowd started to boo ... and Rose eventually walked off stage.

We're told the crowd was pissed because the band started their show more than 90 minutes behind schedule.

Eventually -- after several concert officials apologized to crowd -- Rose and company came back on the stage and finished the show.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

sleepd

Only morons would go to see this crap rendition of GNR in the first place. They deserve to have their money taken and to be abused by a diva star. Go see one of the numerous tribute bands that do a much better copy of them than the bloated N braided solo act it's become. You'll have a much better time, they won't make you wait, and you'll get your money's worth.

Katzmyth

I have never been impressed with Axl's attitude. I like GNR but I don't own anything after the Use Your Illusion CD's. I think the drugs and sucess went to his head. Without Slash there really isn't a GNR at all in my opinion. At least he didn't start a riot like he did in Missouri!! If you pay money to see an "artist" they should have the courtesy to be on time, anything after a 1/2 hour late and I am going to want my money back.

ghostgirl71

It's too bad that Axl is such a turd cutter! But he has always been a male diva.I am a huge fan of the guitar player, DJ Ashba! Saw him live with Sixx AM,Nikki Sixx's side project,and the band was effin'awesome!We were in the 10th row,and DJ was amazing!He had a great connection to the crowd,and played great. I hate to say this,but his sound with GNR really sucks!!I hope he tours again with Sixx AM,and leaves Axl in the dust.I hope that Axl's bad behavior doesn't rub-off on DJ.RUN DJ,WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!

koko91

Journalism 101: "dog bites man" isn't a story. "man bites dog" is a story. Same theory applies: "Axl Rose shows up late, gets pissed, leaves stage" isn't a story. "Axl rose shows up early, greets fans, plays extra long set" is breaking news

davejt

was at the gig. facts first - GNR were due on at 9.45 arrived on stage arround 10.30. I can understand peoples frustration and their willingness to show this by booing but i can't condone throwing plastic glasses and bottles at the act. Axl stopped the show at the start of the second song (welcome to the jungle) and threatened to walk off the stage if bottles kept being thrown at the stage. 3 songs later Axl pulled the plug on the gig after more plastic glasses were thrown at the stage. 30 minutes later the house lights came up by which time a large proportion of the crowd had left, another 10 minutes passed(by now it was 11.30) before the band appeared back on stage to approx. half the number of the original crowd. They played the rest of their set with axl singing but giving no performance as he stood at the back of the stage sulking like a small child. Fair play to the rest of the band especially dj ashba who gave a professional performance and tried to make the best out of a bad situation. As for axl - grow up!

Girl

Slash played last too, for 2 hours, showed up on time. No one threw thing a him.....just saying.

ItsTishy

Axel would be wise to remember that the people paying to see him made him rich(If he still has his money that is)

Once a dirtbag always a dirtbag.

Terry

Stupid people cant behave I would leave too!

mo

Axel,

I would love to ride your White Axel back and forth!

RUUD

IDIOTS THIS IS GUNS AND ****IN ROSES IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THEY DO JUST DONT GO AND SEE THEM, IN ARGENTINA THEY WERE 2 HOURS LATE AND NOBODY COMPLAINED MOTHER****ERS

Kristen

Axl is the biggest male douche bag .. besides Sebastian Bach. GNR sucked after Appetite and they suck Live anyway. I wouldn't pay the $10 to see them back in the day so I certainly wouldn't go if it was for free... Where the hell does this ego come from???

JisatsuDreams

they did this **** in japan a while ago, and their fans got just as nasty, a japanese band (MUCC) was opening for them and due to them being SO late MUCC had to play on amidst the boos and harassment of the crowd.

so not only is axl an ass his fans are just as bad. ugh

kanyeisgay

Axl is ALWAYS LATE.It is part of the show(anticipation) and has been for many... many years. If the stupid gingers are not aware of this by now they should have waited for the U2 craptactuler circus to come back to town.

Rachel

It is crazy to me that people think it is appropriate to throw things at a band playing on stage...everyone is making claims that it is horrible for him to tell them to stop and walk off stage. Sorry but I would do the same. Disrespecting the fans?? are you kidding me?? What the "fans" were doing was disrespectful. I don't care how many people spent their money to see the show..they obviously didn't care enough about seeing the show to continue to do what he told them not to. So I am sure that most of you would tolerate bottles being thrown at you?? haha yeah right. He may be arrogant or whatever, but I don't know one person on this planet who would just stand there and continue to be pelted with trash. And many bands are late for shows..at least they showed up and didn't cancel. I swear people look for any excuse to cry like a bunch of babies!

JEZY

AXL ES LO MEJOR DEL MUNDO EL ES COMO EL VINO ENTRE MAS VIEJO MAS BUENO

Y que bueno que pare el Show ya que esa gente estupida se lo merese por no saber apreciar lo bueno si no son fans para que fregados van.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8