Jennifer Lopez

'American Idol' Deal

Imminent

9/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Lopez is in the final stages of negotiations with "American Idol" -- and we're told it's all but a done deal and Jennifer will be the last critical link in the chain.

0802_jennifer_lopez_EX_getty
Sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... contrary to some news reports ... there has been no drama and no diva demands.  As one source puts it, "It's been typical negotiating."

We're told ... absent a last-minute snag (which is highly unlikely) ... the deal could be inked as early as next week.

"Idol" sources say producers believe Jennifer is the key to re-energizing the show.

Anonymous

I will be in the audience with some of my family or with some of my friends on American Idol if I will able to be in Hollywood. And I will be checking out my babe,my honey and my love Jennifer Lopez. From George William Gockel.

CHUCK

DONT HATE JUST BECAUSE SHES HOT AND PUERTO RICAN WHO WOULD YOU RATHER IT BE THE NON TALENT DRUNK SNOOKI I THINK NOT! HATERS!!!

Lisa

I can't believe I'm about to defend TMZ, but the thought did occur to me that J-Lo probably saw the TMZ report about her being a pain in the arse - and REPLACEABLE, and she decided to straighten up and fly right. Perhaps she got a reality check, humbled herself, kissed the right ass and got a second chance.

Is it possible that TMZ actually saved J-Lo's job? *cue the suspense music*

Unfortunately for Ms. Lopez, I still won't be watching. The show has run its course for me.

In L.A.

Fox is so wishy-washy, one minute it's on with crazy J.Lo, the next minute it's off. Jennifer Lopez is not relevant, qualified, nor likable. Contestants, meet your new judges: Howard Stern, Roseanne Barr, and Andrew Dice Clay.

Lynne

Shania Twain would be a much better qualified Judge then J-Lo. J-Lo is out of touch with todays market. Shania know the current music business so much better and can spot REAL talent!

Evan

With the amount of money they spend on advertising the show, they could stick a sausage in one chair and a turd in the other and people would watch it.

Once she stopped f%#ing half way to the stop her career stalled, she's so boring and marc anthony reminds me of a wife beater.

Hunter Mars

Tell her to just send her huge ass .

Rhonda Hicks

I have watched American Idol since the 2nd season. I will not watch it if Jennifer Lopez is a judge - she is a joke - I know a lot of people that will not watch AI because of her. What a lousy choice = this will be the last year for American Idol.

Mark

The show needs something and it's certainly not her. Her career needs the boost even more. Have you seen any good J-Lo movies lately or an actual good J-Lo song? I don't think so!

x

Jlo, nooooooooooo please. I will never watch the show again. I COULDN'T STAND IT!!!!1

ghostgirl71

Lopez?Are they serious?Without Simon,they 1st need a Brit that tells it like it is.Sharon Osbourne would be great-outspoken,and knows about the music industry.But,she's on Am.Got Talent,so,never mind.Stephen Tyler should be a trip.He has one of the best voices in classic rock,but he also likes to get extremely HIGH,so we may get some Paula-like moments.J-Low is a hack,always was,always will be.I can't even imagine these two in the same room together,let alone sit on a judging panel.Someone mentioned Dolly before,now that I would watch-just to see her magnificent chi-chi's!!!!!!!!

delores

I will not be watching this year, get somone who can SING!!!

Zulay Gutierrez

Don't know why everyone is so jealous of J-Lo. Talking about how much of a diva and blah blah blah... lots of crap. The lady is just trying to entertain and make money... that's her job people! This Latina rocks and has opened people to different fashions, dance, and well... stuff to talk crap about. I'm still proud of how she has opened the latin community more to entertainment business, so well... kiss mine and J-LO's A-hole.

Brian

I think that is great that J.LO is being offer a position on IDOL but I would rather see her as one of the Pirate hostesses on the "Walk The Plank" game show by truvisionaryproductions.tv she would make one HELL of a sexy Pirate!!

MamiJen

I agree with the majority of the post concerning J-Lo as the next Idol judge. I don't hate her, I don't dislike her. She is alright but she has no business judging people on how they can or cannot sing. She is not a singer. She is an entertainer. That is it! She can't carry a tune so how is she going to judge someone else on how to carry a tune. Idol has lost the initial idea of their show. They just want ratings now to stay on TV.