Jennifer Lopez

'American Idol' Deal

Imminent

9/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Lopez is in the final stages of negotiations with "American Idol" -- and we're told it's all but a done deal and Jennifer will be the last critical link in the chain.

0802_jennifer_lopez_EX_getty
Sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... contrary to some news reports ... there has been no drama and no diva demands.  As one source puts it, "It's been typical negotiating."

We're told ... absent a last-minute snag (which is highly unlikely) ... the deal could be inked as early as next week.

"Idol" sources say producers believe Jennifer is the key to re-energizing the show.

Grump

I'm sure Marc Anthony got her the gig, she is nothing but a husband stealer, bang me to the top, ugly looking, has been skank!

Eww.. American Idol is gonna really SUX now! She can't even sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!

Grump

didn't she get her singing "break" when she was sleeping with Puff Daddy?

Posted at 1:29 PM on Sep 2, 2010 by Quinn

Yeap she sure did, Jenny's been around the blocks! J-Hoe!

Kimberly

It didn't make sense to remove Kara who obviously had the most experience to judge a vocal competition. She offered the contestants constructive feedback from both a vocal and marketing perspective. Clearly the most qualified judge in the history of the show. But I guess, just like anything else in America, quality isn't important.

Leelou

I dont watch this show but isnt she old news? Why is she even being considered? Are they hoping some has been will boost ratings. She cant really sing that well, she's a **** actor, has an attitude and the only thing she seems capable of is dancing. I guess AI will do anything to keep those ratings. Next thing you know they will be bringing one of those jersey shore low lifes to be a judge. Sad, very sad.

Victoria

I buried American Idol when Simon Cowell left. I definitely will not watch it with Jennifer Lopez!!!!! Bad mistake.

marge

and yet another reason not to watch. can it get any worse

Khate sucks

And that will be the end of American Idol!

jack

If she's in, I'm dropping this off the Tivo. Can't express how much she doesn't appeal to me. This is a BAD call...

sheila

I think they should have someone who is not a celebrity. they should focus more on the contestants.. How many have winners have actually went on and made a name for themselves?

BigD

She can't sing, dance or act. So let's see if she can judge.

unknown

Why would they put her on this? She is a Miss. Priss and then tries to act like she's not.. O-vay not watching if this is true.

no way

I will NOT watch this show with the current "names" being attached as judges!
J Ho and Old guy from an "ages ago" rock band?

ex IDOL fan

This show is done with, especially if Steven Tyler and JLo join. I definitely won't be watching.

And I agree with the first comment: "Contrary to some news reports". TMZ, why don't you mention they were YOUR news reports.

I'm beginning to think that TMZ is done as well. It seems that TMZ just makes up stories to get headlines.

idolxx

Jennifer Lopez, ugh! That's the nail in the coffin for this shoo!

Me

And then we get to see that little runt, Marc Anthony, too.