T.I. Arrest -- Sippin' on Sizzurp?

9/2/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Take a close look at the photo of T.I. getting arrested ... and focus on the styrofoam cups in the front and back cupholders ... although cops aren't saying which controlled substance they found in the car, there seems to be evidence of Sizzurp ... aka purple drank ... aka codeine syrup.

0902_maybach_TMZ_EX

-- A form of codeine falls under the class of drugs for which T.I. and his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, were arrested.

-- Codeine is the main ingredient in Sizzurp, which is a growing problem in the South.

-- Sizzurp is typically ingested in styrofoam cups ... it's become a "thing" in the hip-hop community.

Cops won't say specifically which drug they found, though our sources say it's the class of drugs that does indeed include the main ingredient for Sizzurp.

Both T.I. and "Tiny" were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

Just sayin

it was obviously weed and it prob was her smoking it

djdeej94

Dumbasses! Next time just stay the hell HOME and you wouldn't be in another stupid totally AVOIDABLE mess you created for yourself, yet again... "Common Sense".. Now there's a rap name NOT USED YET... DUH

Hambone

I got busted with pot and I was charged with a controlled substance. They smelled pot and I bet thats what they found. No big deal especially in California but for his probation maybe so. His wife will probably take blame for a lame pot charge and be on their way. His probation is a major question though.....So much for him trying to teach kids on his redemption tour...MAJOR FAIL for the kids that look up to him...

Jay

Sizzurp??? LOL now I have heard it all, thanks TMZ.

Maybe they were using X which makes you thirsty and it is just water in the cups. Ever think of that?

Jay

@35 - Yeah you are right, TMZ thinks they are the cast of the CSI or criminal minds as of late. TMZ needs to stop trying to poke out evidence like they are Lieutenant Horatio Caine. Just because there are cups in the car and T.I is black does not mean he was drinking Sizzurp lol.

noneofyourbusiness

O-M-G. You have to be pretty desperate to get high on syrup! LOL! I hated that stuff when I had to take it after a surgery, it really does mess you up. It tastes really nasty. But who knows, maybe they mix it with grape or orange drink now. Adding weed into the mix had to really get them buzzing. What a fool to be driving around like that! I mean, I'm all for pot, but not when behind the wheel. Idiot.

dd

Smoke your weed at home before you go out.

haha

Or maybe they just came from the taco shop.

Alex Harvey

I love it!!! This after T.I.'s big pre- and post prison public relations campaign (he was all about being a good influence on the kids) YEAH RIGHT.....

cmk

Never heard of him. Isn't this supposed to be a CELEBRITY site? i.e: They should have stories about people that most of us have HEARD OF.

LIFEISGOOD

Sizzurp is the actual cough syrup ingredient used to create what is known as "Lean". It can be sold illegally or be attained with a prescription. To create Lean, a popular drink created in Houston Texas, you require the following for the original formula:

-Promethazine w/Codeine VC <- Sizzurp (active ingredient)
-Original Sprite Soda <- Mixing ingredient (although different flavors of sprite are now used, such as sprite remix)
-Jolly rancher candy <- Flavor additive

Put it all in a styrofoam cup and enjoy. The codeine is mainly responsible for the euphoric feeling after drinking lean. Promethazine causes motor skill impairment, lethargy, extreme drowsiness, as well as a disassociative feeling from all other parts of the body, specifically the stomach and digestive system. If it doesn't have promethazine w/ Codeine, it isn't real sizzurp.

Sizzurp is normally the color purple, although there are different colored sizzurps with different doses of codeine, that all produce the same effect but are NOT of the same strength and potency of the original purple colored sizzurp. Following these guidelines, the TRUE sizzurp is of the color purple.

The true sizzurp (when mixed with the ingredients listed), does not contain ANY form of alcohol, crushed pills, or other liquids in general.

DXM is not a component of sizzurp, although it may produce vaguely similar effects to the above recipe in doses ranging from 150 - 250 mg. DXM is also an upper, codeine is a downer. DX...

cracker...

OK So all this "sizzurp" is, is cough syrup, soda, and a jolly rancher? Seriously? I guess I'm not with it what can that do?? Put you to sleep? Can someone please explain this to me?

willy

I love it!!! This boy is too dumb to be free.

CGS

TI - what a dumbass, man!

BarBiLuvv

WHERE I'M FROM, THEY CALL IT 'BO' AND THEY POUR IT IN GERBER JUICE BOTTLES OR THEY DRINK IT OUTTA THE PRESCRIPTION BOTTLE.....NICE ASSUMPTION TMZ...that was sarcasm btw!! WANTING PEOPLE TO FAIL AND ALL THAT NEGATIVITY IS WAY OVER RATED....