T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

D-Girl(Detroit)

On the real-the truth is neither one of them have any class. But who says you need class to have money? Most of these so-called rappers have less class than both my pinky fingers. The sad part about it is some of them have kids and see this crap and their young fans do too! True,parents should be their children's role model first and foremost, but many of the kids in this day and age don't have any parenting and they turn to the so-called rappers and want to be like them and mimic their ways. SO SAD. How are black people, ever going to get any place when this is the kind of stuff filling our kids' heads everyday. Murder, guns, dope, sex, clothes, cars, etc. When are we going to get out of this mind frame? At this rate it seems like never. There is more to life than celebrities and their moneyy clothes, drugs,guns, etc. We should be focusing and teaching our kids that there is more to life than that stuff. And what about morals? I guess they are a thing of the past like Tiny's 'old' lips. It looks like she got stung by 20 bees on each lip! I have no respect for T.I. for even thinking that shhh is sexy or pretty. Something don't add up about her lips. That's it! Too much Botox! And since X-scape her ta-ta's have gone under the knife too! Feeling a little self-conscious are we Tiny? Competition got you feeling down? No matter how fine you THINK you are, a man is going to be a man and look no matter what's at home. He may not sex her but in your husband's case he need to. Watch out it may be with a naturally fine, real hair, class having Detroit redbone. B. Don't worry you can have a girt too, when you get locked up! LOL!

Robert

If you had to look at that skank's face every day...You woulf do drugs too!

jasmine sherley

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIS **** IS SO MUTHA****ING CRAZY YALL HAVE TO MUCH GOING ON ARE U EVENN WORRIED ABOUT YOUR CAREERS AND CHILDREN YOU ALL NEED TO TAKE THE TIME OUT AND THINK ABOUT WAT U ALL R DOING.YOU ALL HAVE ALOT GOING ON IN LIFE THINK ABOUT YOUR CHILDRENS LIFE AND HOW THEY WILL FEEL INSTEAD OF CARING ABOUT YOURSELF. ITS DA TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT U ALL ARE GROWN BUT THINK ABOUT OTHERS

jaz

Reading some of these comments reconfirms---that HATERS ARE IN ABUNDANCE. MOST OF US HAVE ALL SMOKED A JOINT OR SOMETHING. WITH THAT LIFE YOU NEED A VICE. ALCOHOL & CIGARETTES KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN IVE EVER HEARD DYING FROM POT...LIVE YOUR LIFE TI---PEOPLE & THE SYSTEM ARE GONNA ALWAYS TRY TO TAINT YOUR SUCCESS. YOUR MISTAKE WAS LETTING THE POLICE SEE YOU MAKE AN ILLEGAL TURN (((GOTS TO BE MORE CAREFUL))

Tanya Howell

First of all,the person that called Tiny,ugly,you need to be ashamed of yourself. What do you look like to other people and besides this is not about who's ugly or cute,grow the heck up! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and that is T.I. wife,and she should be respected just like any other woman. You have no wisdom or sense. Anyway,as far as the drug charges,they are just allegations right now,until the media relseases all conclusive evidence,i personally will just pray for him and his family. I have nothing negative to say,whatever happens to him is something he has to deal with.

janet

for all you haterz what has tiny done to you guys for you guys to talk so bad about her. NO MATTER WHAT I AM ALWAYS GOING TO BE HERE AND SUPPORT BOTH TI AND TINY. NO ONE IS PERFECT IN THIS WORLD GIVE THEM A BREAK.... TINY JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I THINK THAT YOUR VERY PRETTY AND WHAT U DID FOR UR HUSBAND I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE JUST HAVE FAITH... LUV YA

felicia

dang ti juxx ghot out of jail and now he going bck...nd fyi tiny not ugly she juxx ghot a BIG nose so iidk wat yall tlkn...nd ti must wanna go bck to jail because he juxx ghot out like dang wat was he thiinkiing liike honestly iif he go bck dhats wat he ghets...he ugly anyways..nd yall needa stop preachingon hea danggg

Michelle D. Langford

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TI!!
Smoochies,
Michelle D. Langford
(U and Ur wife enjoy Ur birthday together and in peace!!! Real talk from Baltimore!!!!

amari

Man! Dooope ! I mean Drugs. again, dang it T. I . i mean really now , get your s h it together man.

tremeka alexander

I thank its crazy how ppl stand behind this man ive been sayin it from day one hes not rite..back in 07 him and his friends kicked in my door and put my kids in a closet and no one beleived it this man just do things cause he no he can and i have da pic to prove it....

MafioSlo

Attention bitch asses stop hatin. Im in the Bahamas and T.I. is my favorite rapper. Though its wrong fa da **** he does in his position **** tha law real people do real things. Hold ya head up T.I.P. I bet some a u wish u had a car to be pulled over in, so stop hatin and do u

ti4life

T.I is gansta, i don't care what anyone say, shoot... I bet he could jump ALL of you haters WITH handcuffs on, AND I bet whoever been hatin' on him won't DARE to say it to his face.Ya'll just imature putting your nose into other peoples business, take a good look at yourself before you judge T.I, Tiny, or anyone. It could've been his friends ****, shoot, ya'll haters don't no ****! so shut the **** UP!

dawn holland

excape used to be my group and i didn't find out until recently who his wife was and she always acted like she was better than everyone else. he deserves better than her

rosa rojas

you guys or hella kool OKAYYYYYY

lindsey

ur fans are still out here hoping and praying for the best WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!