T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

Queen Driessen

To T.I. and Tiny you are both in my prayers. In my opinion God is the only one who can judge you and I know for a fact that if you have kids and you do get a vacation you want to unwind. However think about the police and area they may be in before you decide to unwind while riding. As for everyone who felt the need to judge them here are some words for you " Judge not less ye be judge". Check yourself before you can check someone else. Oh yeah and get a life!

stan

Damn y'll need 2 stop hating on TI and his wife....eveyone got a little dirt in they lives. The system is designed to slowly weave a web which tightens with time and its just sad they got busted.....whats wrong if they need a lil sumpin for they head to relax? kwitch ya bitchin'

consuelo hodo

you know it is a shame tiny has 3 kids ti just cant get it right im so mad at yall this has to come to a stop im not a fan anymore

tim

Man whats really going on with you ti, there has to be more going on with you and these drugs and guns,your first arrest you where acting parinoid like you had been smoking meth or crack, buying all of those guns, some people are so lucky but thumb there nose at there blessing ,you to me are a prime example of a dumbass clown who dont deserve nothing but three hots and a cot.

tanjibo

we luv u T.I.

keisha

tiny got a big ass nose she lokk like a piggy

WINTHELL JONES

you see life is a bitch and then u die my heart goes out to both of them but what i don't understand is why would you put yourself in that situation knowing they have u under miscrope. im not judgeing anyone but did it take both of you to go down if you wanted to get the guyanja one of u could have stayed home that way the other could have came to bail the next one out instead calling your mom to be shamed with the drug excasty should have done ur own majic i heard about that excasty in a heated situation well glad you both or home and keep ur head up peace to the one that struggling.

jennifer

tiny im ya true fan so do what you need to be there for your man this jennifer thomas from wilmington delaware and **** happens but stick and stay true fan

leave him alone

yall need 2 let ti be it aint yall so

Misses

My My My....... I just want to take this time out to have a moment of silence.................and prayer..............to everybody in the struggle! Keep ya head up stay strong....STAY SMART!!!!PEACE

Jon

The ones talkin bout THE KING and his should mind their own and how hallow THEIR lives are. Stop hatin yourself so you can stop hatin other more important people! KAY KAY- You're lame as hell, I bet you have all his albums with his posters on your wall while you're sayin you never him or Tiny have no talent. So stop lyin to the public hater! If they have no talent how's he bringin in an estimated $16 million a year???? That's a lot of over payments for a man with no talent huh!? Hahahaha Think before you speak STUPID!!

JJ

To all the ppl thts bein a hater watch when tip come bak then yall gone start sayin good stuff bout him.... yall lame nd fake GET A LIFE. OK tip make a mistake so what everybody does its just bcuz he is a celebrity ppl hatin bt u dont say stuff like you did when somebody thts nt a celebrity do something. And to me the cops shud have been checkin and seein nobody get shot nt if somebody mak an illegal U turn.

ouko Francis

how can I get inside these boxes and rip all these fellows raw.How yhu talk that of my booh?T.I got a dawg for a wife aint your complete biz.And what do yhu get?Show us your wife.am sure am gonna b the first to fill her.Free T.I.P,damn yha haters

takiya

evrybdy who tlkin s*** need to be quiet and have some respect im sure yu or sumebdy in ur fam hav tried wateva they was doing also ti should of watch wat he was doing

CECEBABYYY

HE HAVE 11MONTHS PEOPLE.... DAMN GET OFF HIS **** HE KNO HE DID WRONG HIM N HER DAMN JUST CHILL IN CONTINUE TO BUY THE CD HE MAKES IF NOT DEN SHUT THE **** UP IN WHO CARES IF SHE UGLY HOW THE HELL U LOOK????? SHE BEEN THERE WAYY LONGER DEN U IN KEEPN IT REAL WITH HIM N THE MUCH U KEEP SAYIN SHE UGLY UR NOT MAKEN NO MONEY BY SAYIN ALL DAT....SO GET YA MONEY UP..CONGRATS TINY&&T.I.P ON THE WEDDING.... ILL B WAITING ON THE NEXT BIG ALBUM DROP...N WEN U RETURN STAY OUT OF TROUBLE LOVE YA..